View Poll Results: Did Dr. Manhattan emerged from DOOMSDAY CLOCK a hero?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 30.43%
  • No

16 69.57%
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Default Did Dr. Manhattan emerge from DOOMSDAY CLOCK a hero?

Judging from his cumulative actions, do you feel that Dr. Manhattan emerged from the end of DOOMSDAY CLOCK a hero?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

No not even close, at best it’s more equivalent to the Grinch where at the end of the story he learns a lesson and tries to restore the universe. However that doesn’t quite make up for the irrevocable damage he did to the universe while he was still bored and just messed with the DC Universe just to see what would happen. He killed people, damaged some characters, and messed with peoples heads/made them forget or forgotten. It’s still not cool especially since while some things are fixed he didn’t turn fix everything.

I’ll admit though by the end he may have introduced a hero and I’ll wait to see what DC does with “Clark”
    Last edited by sifighter; 02-18-2020 at 07:52 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

After twisting reality itself since 2011, changing and erasing lives, and destroying universes so he could graft parts together, at the end Manhattan makes the great sacrifice.....of not being a total a-hole.

That doesn't make him a hero. It just means he wasn't a total a-hole that one time.

And I wouldn't want it any other way. Manhattan isn't a hero. I don't want him to be. The worst thing that could happen to Watchmen's characters would be being forced into the binary morality of the DCU.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

OP Question -

IMO, NO
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

While this was certainly not intended by any of the creators involved, I view Doomsday Clock as the middle chapter of a trilogy that starts with Moore & Gibbons original, then progresses to Johns & Frank's exploration of Manhattan in the DCU, then ends with Lindelof's HBO show.

Extraordinary Member

I think it's safe to say Dr. Manhattan emerged from that thing blue.

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

I would characterize his morality a lot like Galactus' morality. He operates on a different level and no longer really understands the concept of morality. Manhattan isn't a hero or villain. But by mortal perspective, he is a threat.

Astonishing Member

I’d say no, because Manhattan’s never been that and even he knows it

I would say that if/when he returns I do expect he’ll be changed by the experience