Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Pitch a new Marvel book

so yeah, pitch a book that you'd really, really like to see Marvel come out with... any Marvel character/s, any creative team, no rules. go crazy!

BANNED

here's my contribution... my pitch for DARK AVENGERS V3.

all right, so the team is:

Doom
    Magneto
    Zemo
    Dracula

plot for #1:

Doom finds out all about the Illuminati and decides to temporarily align himself with Magneto, Zemo and Dracula to take them down. they all meet up at Dracula's castle in the moon. after the usual alpha male d**k measuring contest, they get down to planning their move. just then (the real/original) Beyonder shows up asking for their assistance in stopping a threat of galactic proportions... end of issue one.

just put Esad Ribic and someone like Warren Ellis on this and you've got pure gold on your hands

Nick Spencer and Emma Rios doing a new volume of Cloak and Dagger. They can do whatever they want with it.

BANNED

I want a team book with Punisher, Moon Knight, Elektra, and MAYBE Deadpool. Nothing too grandiose or overblown, just back to basics with taking out mob and street level targets. Maybe have Garth Ennis or Jason Aaron write it.

Also, I think it's time for that Alpha Flight comeback.
    Last edited by sprior93; 08-10-2014 at 10:52 PM.

Mystic Avengers. An Avenger team that works with W.A.N.D. (newly introduced supernatural-focused version of SHIELD/SWORD) to combat supernatural and magical threats to humanity

-Dr. Strange (Leader)
    -Magik
    -Scarlet Witch
    -Ghost Rider
    -Daimon Hellstrom
    -Blade
    -Man-Thing

Enemies include Morgan le Fay, Dormammu, Shuma-Gorath, Mephisto, Morbius, and Doom.

Make it happen, Marvel.
    Last edited by megaharrison; 08-10-2014 at 10:52 PM.

Avengers International

Mockingbird, Battlestar and 1 other Avenger form a team that goes to different countries each arc and joins the local heroes fighting a villain/some terror group. Can feature extant groups like MI13, Heroes des Paris, Euroforce, Winter Guard, Alpha Flight and the Ascendant. Could also be a chance to introduce new characters, like some Australians that aren't Aborigines with Dream Time powers for example...
    I surrender to the Contest

Web to Web a series about the three Spider-Men currently in the 616 universe Peter, Kaine, and Miguel. They'd have both solo adventures and team ups. Writer: Christopher Yost. Artist: Ryan Steggman.

Namor & T'Challa Team-Up

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

A Cable solo by Garth Ennis set before he gets to the present, I'd love Opena on the art (Ribic would be awesome too). A Thunderbolts series (the premise of the Parker run) written by Greg Rucka. And a Starjammers series written by Brandon Graham and art by Sara Pichelli or Kev Walker
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

The Nova Corps

It would be a team centered around a built up Nova Corps involved an a deadly war with the Badoon empire.

It would feature Richard Rider, Quasar, the 31st century Vance Astro, Moondragon, Namorita, Darkhawk, The GOTG, Eternals (Namely Eros of Titan), Spaceknights and a few off the wall characters from the 80s and 90s that are forgotten.

The tone of the corps was that they had largely gone away from super powers and were using straightforward weapons and tech, but a special "CHampions of Xandar" brigade recruited people with special abilities for special missions.

The book followed around a squad of special operations soldiers, in the "champions of Xandar" brigade that featured Centurions Crystar, the sad version of the old 80s character who was a the squad leader, Centurion James Luck (The POV character and unknowing clone of Steve Rogers) and a few other characters.

Tone would be high Sci Fi Alien Legion/ 2000 AD / GI Combat/ SGT Rock in Space type stuff...probably a lot of characters killed...

Mark Waid
    Ron Lim

BANNED

Squirrel Girl solo

Writer: Christopher Yost
    Artist: Mike Deodato Jr.

She will have her own story. Her origins will be explored. She will have her own villains as well as allies. Special guests of course of popular marvel characters.

There will be special issues with Squirrel Girl attending a comic con.

And yes, there will also be a crossover team-up between her and DC's Harley Quinn.

Aren't you going to buy Squirrel Girl's ongoing? You'll definitely love it.

Mr YOst is a great writer and if you love the "original sin" art, that was Mr Deodato Jr, a great artist!
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 08-11-2014 at 05:12 AM.

All-new Thunderbolts- A new group of new or D-list villains who have become tired of losing to superheroes and going to jail, so they decide to dress up as a new team of heroes to see if it would be better being heroes. They don't want to trick the world, they just want to test out heroism, however people are a little weary of a team called the Thunderbolts, and that includes former Thunderbolts and the Avengers.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sprior93 View Post
    I want a team book with Punisher, Moon Knight, Elektra, and MAYBE Deadpool. Nothing too grandiose or overblown, just back to basics with taking out mob and street level targets. Maybe have Garth Ennis or Jason Aaron write it.

Also, I think it's time for that Alpha Flight comeback.
    I'd buy that.

Not a new book, but I'd love to see Liu's 'Liberators' book that never made it past the pitch stage given a shot. Roster was Black Widow, Mystique, Elektra, and X-23 with support from Cecilia Reyes. I'd maybe replace Mystique, though.

Extraordinary Member

These threads are the best!

1: Ant-Man
    Writer: Mark Waid
    Artist: Humberto Ramos

Just follows Scott as he finds someone has been manipulating Pym Particles to create beasts.

BANNED

Team name: The Silencers

Leader: Ororo Munroe aka Storm
    Members: Wolverine, Spider-man, Squirrel Girl, Deadpool, Rocket Raccoon

Writer: Christopher Yost
    Artist: Mike Deodato Jr.

I really don't know how to start the issue but 5 of them are in New York. Spider-man swinging on the buildings, Deadpool meeting Squirrel Girl because he is asking for a squirrel pet while Storm and Wolverine who just finished watching a movie inside a mall when suddenly they heard an explosion. It was a bank robbery so all of them meet where the robbery is taking place. But before they made a move, Rocket Raccoon riding on his spaceship happen to pass by and decided to help too. So Storm actually made a strategy creating fog and the rest have knocked all the 20 robbers easily.

When they got out of the bank, the people and the police force were clapping and shouting, thanking them for stopping the robbery.

So they decided to form a new team and called themselves "The Silencers"

Aside from protecting the city, the ongoing series for this new team will feature Darkhawk joining them for about 3 issues after the first 6 issues, Daredevil as they will be fighting The Hand and they will also be fighting against the Inner Circle. They will also be travelling to space to go to the place where Rocket Raccoon usually hangs out and meet the rest of the guardians of the galaxy.

12 issues!
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 08-14-2014 at 04:38 AM.