Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Quote Originally Posted by dvgravity View Post
    New New X-Men (working title) by Chris Yost, following the former New X-Men because they deserve their own book. The group would include team leader Anole, Rockslide, Dust, Hellion, Mercury, and Icarus. They would report to Jubilee and go on their own missions with no help from the major players. I was a huge fan of these guys before M-Day took away their powers and basically ended their book and they've been rarely used or poorly used since. It's time for a new breed of X-Men, can't take too much more of Scott's revolution.
    Most of them actually got the majority of their use after M-Day, under Yost and Kyle. It was after Messiah Complex that things went bad. There was the Young X-Men series, which was badly-written and so got cancelled after only a year or so. And then Marvel apparently decided that meant no one wanted to read about the characters any more, and they were dropped into limbo.

I think Hickman's New Avengers run and Secret Wars crossover shows there is a decent market for a semi-annual book "Kills the Marvel Universe". I would use this book for new writers and artists to take a test spin with the entire Marvel universe.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Most of them actually got the majority of their use after M-Day, under Yost and Kyle. It was after Messiah Complex that things went bad. There was the Young X-Men series, which was badly-written and so got cancelled after only a year or so. And then Marvel apparently decided that meant no one wanted to read about the characters any more, and they were dropped into limbo.
    I felt their best stories came before M-Day when they were parts of different squads being trained by different veterans. Some of them have had slightly bigger roles over the years since Messiah Complex, but I'm just tired of seeing the same X-Men in every book when there are other characters that could be grown upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Hic Sunt Dracones - starring MI:13, SWORD, the Immortal Weapons, the Fing Fang Four
    "Some say the world will end in fire."
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Please, do go on...
    Okay.

First a correction: Hic Sunt Dracones - starring MI:13, SWORD, the Immortal Weapons, the Fing Fang Four, and the Agents of Atlas

I can't believe I forgot them the first time!

Hic Sunt Dracones, as I currently imagine it, would be a self-contained event series starring the aforementioned characters. Without delving too deeply into specifics, the plot essentially rests on the potential invasion of Earth and its home dimension in general from an advanced race of dragons. Each of the teams would get pulled into the machinations of the plotline separately - for example, you may remember that the Agents of Atlas basically get advice from a dragon! - but what ensues is a fun mixture of personalities and action: imagine Gorilla Man, Fat Cobra, Googam, and a multitude of Death's Heads being led into battle by Pete Wisdom and Abigail Brand! for example.

As far as tone, it'd kind of be a cross between a dark comedy and an invasion/disaster movie. I suppose you could compare it in tone to the current SW: Siege series by Gillen (though I've found that a little underwhelming so far - lots more action in HSD!).

Appearances by the Dragon in the Moon, Moondragon, Sundragon, and the All-New All-Different Dragon Lord!!!

Orrrr, it's just kid!Dragon Lord from Avengers: the Initiative.

-Pav, who knows how much people are clamoring for the return of Dragon Lord...
    Last edited by Pav; 08-17-2015 at 10:25 AM.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

All-New Member

I think Galactus deserves his shot at a solo series. Each arc could be about one of his heralds: Frankie Raye, Silver Surfer, Terrax, etc... Or Galactus stories set in the cosmic side of the Marvel Universe, (guest stars: Guardians of the Galaxy, or Annihilus, or Nova, etc.)...

Invincible Member

It's interesting that some of these titles ended up happening. Not exactly in the same ways of course, but still...

Astonishing Member

Ronin Force 5

The country of Japan is under siege from a new wave of attacks by kaiju (strange beasts) and kaijin (oddly humanoid strange beasts). The government and Japan's Self Defense Force have a plan, though. They'll restart the Red Ronin Project, started years ago to protect the world from kaiju. This time though, the new Red Ronin would be assisted by various support mecha as well as trained pilots culled from the best candidates the government can find. It's a perfect plan.

Or it would have been. Unfortunately, they can't seem to break the techno-psychic bond that Red Ronin has with the cyborg girl Namie (the cyborg Red Ronin introduced in The Loners) and the Ronin Access Braces they've developed have fallen into the hands of four high school students who seem very much uninterested in working together as a team.

Now with Namie hastily promoted to team leader (code name: Ronin 1) and her four would-be teammates at her side, can they save Japan from destruction? And is there more to the string of kaiju attacks than what there seems to be on the surface?

Fantastic Member

I think a spy book featuring Winter Soldier and Black Widow going on missions together would be cool.

Indestructible Invisible Woman

First premise: A solo/mini where she is hired to be the ambassador for earth to alien and inter-dimensional beings. Marvel Earth wants to be more involved in politics on a galactic scale, it has been too secluded for too long. The only time they deal with other beings is when they are attacked by them. She is one of the most qualified for dealing with alien races. The book will show more on the alien cultures and the artists imagination should run wild with how they look and how the planets look. There will of course be villains, maybe some who don't like the idea of Earth becoming more involved in galactic politics.

Second premise: This is based on if a writer finally turns Sue into a doctor/surgeon like I always wanted. It would be about her being a medic for superheroes on the field as well as a civilian doctor. If a hero needs medical assistance quickly resulting from a battle or something, they contact her and her team (of supporting characters). Her invisibility and force fields mean that she can treat heroes with unusual physiology's, like Luke Cage's indestructible skin. Some heroes may even have called for help and the villain hasn't been defeated yet. I think Claire Temple should definitely be a part of the proposed team.

I have some other ideas, but those are the two main ones rattling around in my head right now.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Future Foundation
    Deciding that Earth was made for more than just humans, and that there have been multiple past failures in uniting the species, the Fantastic 4 begins a new initiative: the Future Foundation. This offshoot of Marvel's first family will act as the world's premiere philanthropic superhero team to save the world and bring peace among all. It's akin to the Uncanny Avengers, but more light-hearted.

Wanting to put her brother in a role of responsibility, Susan Storm appoints Johnny Storm as the head of the Future Foundation. Acting as the primary doctor, Cecilia Reyes chooses to join the FF because she believes in their cause more than she did the X-Men. Janet van Dyne is in charge of public relations, and designed the team's costumes of course.

The rest of the team is made up of Johnny's best friend, Wyatt Wingfoot; Jennifer Walters, a hero familiar with the Fantastic 4 and also deals with the team's legal matters; Toni Ho is the team's scientist and tech whiz; and James Madrox, recruited due to his experience and wisdom from when he led X-Factor.

The Fantastic 4 will return to their exploration roots with America Chávez replacing Johnny. Another possible spin-off would be a Baxter Academy of sorts with the Baxter Building turning into a school.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella