Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Hellstrom: Agent of W.A.N.D.

W.A.N.D. was briefly explored in a recent Thunderbolts Annual as the supernatural branch of SHIELD. I thought it might be cool to explore it a bit more, and who better than Daimon Hellstrom investigating occult occurrences? He's overdue for some decent characterization considering he's been portrayed as a straight up villain for so long. Place him as head of the Occult Division and we potentially have the John Constantine of the Marvel Universe.

BANNED

A triple team up between Adam Warlock, Rocket Raccoon and Hulk.

For villains I figure Man Beast has taken over the minds of Half World siphoning The Loonies psyche to increase his powers thus banding the the three to take him on.

BANNED

Moon Knight 3000

The future is a much different place. Advancements in interstellar travel have brought all manner of new and exotic cultures to Earth, and with them also came their gods. Khonshu was the first to fall, murdered by an alien pantheon as a warning to the other deities. The Cult of Khonshu was systematically hunted down and annihilated. Almost nothing remains of a dead religion.

Almost.

What does linger, a distant memory of a man shrouded in silver and a supernatural thirst for revenge. While the surviving Earth gods hide away and scrounge out a meager existence, a ghost ventures from the afterlife to make the alien gods pay and pay dearly. The Moon Knight flies again one last time.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Moon Knight 3000

The future is a much different place. Advancements in interstellar travel have brought all manner of new and exotic cultures to Earth, and with them also came their gods. Khonshu was the first to fall, murdered by an alien pantheon as a warning to the other deities. The Cult of Khonshu was systematically hunted down and annihilated. Almost nothing remains of a dead religion.

Almost.

What does linger, a distant memory of a man shrouded in silver and a supernatural thirst for revenge. While the surviving Earth gods hide away and scrounge out a meager existence, a ghost ventures from the afterlife to make the alien gods pay and pay dearly. The Moon Knight flies again one last time.
    Killer set-up. Not particularly a fan of the character, but I think I'd give a concept like this a shot.

-Pav, who thinks the gods in the MU are still ripe with unrealized potential...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Killer set-up. Not particularly a fan of the character, but I think I'd give a concept like this a shot.

-Pav, who thinks the gods in the MU are still ripe with unrealized potential...
    Thanks. I like that part of it is MK having to rebuild his arsenal and one of the folks he visits is a shepard living in Northern Ireland about a certain spear.

But in the end, it's mainly a love story.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

I wrote this a year ago in one of my notebooks. Just a quick rant of ideas on an X-book I'd like to read. Originally I called it X-Factor because that title was coming to an end and I didn't know about ANXF. Running across this thread made me think of it again and now I'll call it All New X-Corp.

I would like to see a book featuring the students and staff of the Jean Grey School doing more in their community; working at Worthington Industries solving world hunger, global warming, creating alternative fuels, advancing medicine and improving what they can by using their minds and abilities; doing different types of community service; searching for missing persons; helping youth in various ways, human and mutant; going on dates, going to the mall, having a day at the local pool, visiting museums, whatever they do in their downtime around the school. I don’t want to see a single villain with some diabolical plan to kill the students. I want a book that tells very realistic stories involving all the different characters of the school especially the characters we don’t currently see a lot of. It would essentially be like a Disney teen drama/ comedy/ soap opera/ after school special with a very positive spin focused on youth empowerment, adult and youth mentoring, sports and fitness, improvement of the world by starting in the community, creating solutions to many issues we all face and showing how to properly implement them, just life in general. We need a purely educational, fun, and inspiring book amongst all the violence. I know I’m not expressing my idea in a way that is completely clear as I imagine it but I hope you can get enough of what I’m trying to convey. When I reread this it sounds very lame. I’m definitely not the guy to sell a pitch. What do you think? It’s so different from anything else out on the current market and if it were written by some brilliant people it could be very cool in my opinion. That’s my take on All New X-Corp.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

I'd like to see a retooled Excalibur team given responsibility for Europe.

Members: Meggan/Captain Britain/Wisdom (UK) Banshee (Ireland) Nightcrawler (Germany) Hercules (Greece) and Magik. (Russia)

Written by Simon Spurrier and illustrated by Bill Sienkiewicz.
    "Self has no time for this."

Incredible Member

for starters my previous pitches

Warjade -Ms Marvel/She Hulk spectacular

Couples in Crime - Absorbing Man and Titania on the loose with guest stars Molecule Man and Volcana from time to time

S.W.O.R.D. - or where to put your overpowered characters...in space!

oh yeah
    - I'm not bitter.

Kurt and Pete go to Whitecastle. Teamed up with their good friend Ororo in what can best describe as a comedy/action movie on their day off.

M/Jubilee extravaganza - They are forced to share an apartment while staking out a lead on a human terrorist cell. It goes about as well as expected.
    Last edited by shades of eternity; 09-23-2014 at 04:48 AM.

The Defenders
    Writer: Cullen Bunn
    Artist: Tony Moore

Dr. Strange
    The Werewolf
    Morbius
    Frankenstein's Monster
    Living Mummy
    Hellcat
    Dead Girl

Gargoyle (supporting)
    Night Nurse (supporting)

Arc 1: "Scary Monsters & Super Creeps"
    Dr. Strange receives a mysterious package on his front doorstep: the enchanted, severed head of the wizard Ian McNee with Strange's old tarot deck of Marvel superheroes stuffed in the wizard's mouth! Ian wants Dr. Strange to find his killer, a mysterious being that is targeting the mystics and monsters of the Marvel universe and absorbing their energy! Now, Strange must once again draw from his deck and assemble the strangest, most frightening group of heroes ever! Can these monsters put aside their differences to save the MU's supernatural inhabitants? PLUS! Dr. Strange's girlfriend, Night Nurse, has a big announcement!

Arc 2: "Dead Man's Party"
    To save her best friend Gargoyle from the killer of the MU's Mystics, Hellcat joins the Terrifying Defenders! Can they stop the mysterious Penny Dreadful before it strikes again? And, Ian's head was supposed to die after his killer was revealed. So why is he still chattering on in Dr. Strange's study?

Arc 3: "Ceremony"
    To stop Penny Dreadful once and for all, Jennifer Kale bravely gave her life. Now the Defenders mourn their fallen friend, Strange buries Ian's head, The Werewolf celebrates his 40th Birthday, and Dead Girl plans a baby shower for Night Nurse! Meanwhile, the second phase of the DOA's evil plot to gather magical energy continues...but what's their end game?
    Last edited by jackpot.tiger; 09-22-2014 at 06:51 PM. Reason: spelling

Heroes for Hire
    Writer: Kelley Sue Deconnick
    Artist: Emma Rios

Misty Knight
    Colleen Wing
    Black Cat
    Outlaw
    Scorpion
    Venus

Arc 1: "Hello, Hero..."
    Knight-Wing Restorations has a new business venture--Women, fighting for women's rights, making money, and kicking a$$. The rules are simple: You sign a 2-year contract, you vote on the assignments--majority rules, cash your check, crash at the loft, and party. Do you answer their call? "Hello, hero...Are you for hire?"

Arc 2: "Misery Loves Company"
    The group's newest assignment puts them at odds with Elektra, the deadliest woman alive and the Israeli champion Sabra for the lives of a group of underage teenaged slave girls. Can they get past their own internal conflicts to save the lives of the innocent young women, stop Elektra from killing the head of the slave ring, and stay one step ahead of Sabra? And...Outlaw doesn't trust Black Cat...But what's the secret of their rivalry?

Arc 3: "Makeover"
    Someone is murdering the female Gods of various pantheons living among the normal populace, and Venus wants to know why! Can she convince her former God Squad teammate Snowbird to work with the team as bait? And what does the Derma Free cosmetics company have to do with it? Plus--Outlaw and Black Cat's bitter feelings for each other come to a head, as revelations about the job they pulled years back come back to haunt both of them!

The Secret Avengers
    Writer: Chris Yost w/ Craig Kyle
    Artist: Alex Maleev

Winter Soldier
    Iron Patriot
    The Constrictor
    Ant-Man
    Mockingbird
    Black Widow
    Sersi

Suzy Endo (supporting)
    Moonstone (supporting)

Arc 1: "The Cycle"
    "It was supposed to be a simple job. Kill a contractor working with AIM. Easy. Quiet. But I screwed up. AIM caught me. Put me in a glass prison in the dark. Tortured me...Did things to me. Brainwashed me. They made me think that they were all dead, and that I'd killed them...Steve. Sharon. Sam. You...They have to be stopped. You have to help me make it so that AIM...so that nobody gets to do the things that they do, any longer. I'm going to kill them for what they did...Not just AIM...All of them...With or without you. But I want your help, Natasha. No masks. No super hero code name b.s. Nobody has to know, but us. We have to break the cycle."

Arc 2: "Dead Means Dead"
    "Rhodes. Morse. Lang. Payne. Sersi. And you. And me. What does it say when I'm the voice of reason, James? I helped you get AIM...And now you want to kill a God? The God of Death, in fact? I can get you into Asgardia, but after this job, that's it for me, tovarisch. This crisis of conscience of yours is going to get you killed. Dead means dead, James. And I already lost you twice."

Arc 3: "Knowing Evil"
    "Every mission we take nearly gets us killed...I know that it's worth it. You promised that you'd helped me get revenge on Doom for murdering my daughter, Cassie. But what you're asking us to do, Barnes...I can't believe this! This is more insane than blowing up that embassy to take out AIM, or going after Hela. You want me to sit there and let some super-villain shrink analyze me? Karla Sofen is pure poison, Barnes. I understand that you think that someone who knows evil like she does can help us come to terms with what we've become...But mark my words. She'll be the end of us, man. This is it."

The Savage Shanna
    Written and Drawn by Amanda Connor

Arc 1: "Shanna, Queen of the Jungle!"
    With Ka-Zar away on a diplomatic mission, it's up to Shanna to rescue a team of SWORD agents stranded on the other side of the Savage Land! But what is their mysterious mission? Why won't they tell Shanna what's inside Agent Lockley's backpack? And what is the monster that's after them?

Arc 2: "Shanna and The Lost Empire"
    Zaladane has returned! Determined to raise her empire from the ashes, the sorceress will stop at nothing to get what she wants. There's just one thing standing in her way...The Savage Shanna!

Arc 3: "Shanna at the Earth's Core"
    Shanna sets out to Monster Island to broker a peace agreement between The Lava Men and The Mindless Ones. But the villainous Big Mother would rather cause a war of monsters, winner-take-all! It's up to Shanna to keep the peace and restore order to a land of Monsters! But she'll need some help from the world's best monster slayer, Elsa Bloodstone!

Strange Tales Featuring ARMOR
    Writer: Simon Spurrier
    Artist: Kris Anka

Howard the Duck
    Machine Man
    Gorilla Man
    Nate Grey
    Moondragon
    Lyra
    Caledonia
    Jackie "Hurricane" Kane

Arc 1: "Challengers of the Absurd"
    Howard the Duck leads a team of Marvel's...Ummm...Currently Available Heroes as a special task force for ARMOR! These are the...Well, not necessarily the best...But certainly not the worst! And their mission is to prevent the strange, the bizarre, the horrific threats of the multiverse from doing harm to our dimension! But wait a sec...Nobody mentioned Shuma Gorath! That's kind of a lot for your first day, right?

Arc 2: "All-Star Blunders"
    Okay, so the mission on Earth-G was a bust. And yes, Gorilla Man would've rather stayed. And yes, X-51 hooked up with that reality's version of Invisible Woman...Who was a monkey...And yes, they unwittingly brought back a weapon to Earth-616 that could merge the two worlds forever...Okay, let's just stop re-hashing the past, alright?!

Arc 3: "Legion of Super-Persons"
    The Captain Britain Corps and their boss, Saturnyne, have decided that the ARMOR team are too disastrous to continue! And rogue Captain Britain, Caledonia, must stand trial for their crimes against the multiverse! Howard and the gang must break into Otherworld and rescue their teammate, but there's a legion of very pissed off British omniversal guardians hot on their tail! All this, and Moondragon actually laughs at a joke! NOT an imaginary story!
    Last edited by jackpot.tiger; 09-24-2014 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot.tiger View Post
    Heroes for Hire
    Writer: Kelley Sue DeConnick
    Artist: Emma Rios
    I approve based on the creative team alone.

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot.tiger View Post
    Strange Tales Featuring ARMOR
    Writer: Simon Spurrier
    Artist: Kris Anka

Howard the Duck
    Machine Man
    Gorilla Man
    Nate Grey
    Moondragon
    Lyra
    Caledonia
    Needs Jackie Kane. She was cool. She should totally be a part of the team.

BANNED

Miss America Chavez by Joe Casey and Nick Dragotta

Magik - Sorceress Supreme by China Mieville and Amy Reeder

X-Treme X-Men vol. 3 by Ales Kot and Clay Mann (spiritual grandson to Claremont's XXM)