Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Good catch, hadnt thought abt that. Tbh I need to re read HoXPoX I feel like I forgot a bunch of stuff.

Revisiting the issue, it's interesting that the pale girl needed the russian mob to sell drugs for her. Making it all the more likely that she's the sick daughter because she can't sell herself from a hospital bed. Also notice she forced the mobsters to maim themselves when they disobeyed her, and in the page where the dad is told by the doctor he can see his kid, you can see he has a big scar on his head.
    I guess I'm just having trouble with this theory. Like, does she really have cancer? Does she have cancer and she's manipulating the agent to help her get the drugs?
    Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    I agree that the scar seems to have a meaning. Well, that would be a twist.
    He might also ran into some mutants before.
    We got this art tease from Kubert:

Or she wants only to play.
    Or she is simple a vessel.
    There are a lot of posibilities

Edit: it would be a interesting twist.
    That art of that sick girl is really, really creeping me out. Alright, I totally buy the daughter is the Pale Girl theory now. Heck, she might not even be his daughter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Thanks for the summary Hush. I have a good feeling about this run.
    You're welcome

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    J.D. White and B. Percy made a cameo:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamKuber...284737/photo/1

That was a nice cameo, their reactions after they found what was inside Logan's bag was good too!

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Good catch, hadnt thought abt that. Tbh I need to re read HoXPoX I feel like I forgot a bunch of stuff.

Revisiting the issue, it's interesting that the pale girl needed the russian mob to sell drugs for her. Making it all the more likely that she's the sick daughter because she can't sell herself from a hospital bed. Also notice she forced the mobsters to maim themselves when they disobeyed her, and in the page where the dad is told by the doctor he can see his kid, you can see he has a big scar on his head.
    That's a good theory especially the connection between Jeff's scar and the Russian Gangster's eye, it would be a really interesting twist if done well.
    Last edited by Hush; 02-21-2020 at 04:29 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Did anyone else think his scar looked like an ear?

I thought I had commented on this thread on Wednesday but I think I never hit submit. Anyway not much for me to add that hasn't been covered already. I liked both stories but I definitely dig the first one more than the vampire one. It reminded me a lot of Percy's podcast the Long Night which I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with. Kubert hasn't missed a beat here and Bogdanvic is amazing as well. Very impressive for a #1.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Mighty Member

The writing was....hmmm okay, but I thought the ideas were good. Logan versus Dracula, battle of the titans. Have to stick around for that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I guess I'm just having trouble with this theory. Like, does she really have cancer? Does she have cancer and she's manipulating the agent to help her get the drugs?

That art of that sick girl is really, really creeping me out. Alright, I totally buy the daughter is the Pale Girl theory now. Heck, she might not even be his daughter at all.
    Maybe she's Lady mastermind screwing with everyone or she is the Revenant Queen Cassandra Nova herself
    Last edited by Rev9; 02-23-2020 at 01:07 AM.

Is this story pre-x-force? I didn’t miss domino getting her arm back, did I?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Is this story pre-x-force? I didn’t miss domino getting her arm back, did I?
    Looks like she has it back in the preview for this week's X-Force, and it mentions that it's been some months since her flaying.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...orce-8-Preview
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    People assume that Krakoa literally has only three laws, which is not enough to even be roommates, imagine a nation.
    Bruh I randomly saw this and was triggered back to living with 5 sorority chicks. The air always thick with sticky notes & Aggression most Passive
    GrindrStone(D)

This and New Mutants were easily the best comics I read this week! What a great way to bring in the first issue of a new Wolverine run! Actually justified the price, great stuff.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

I finally got a chance to read the issue. I've only read it once though, and I'd like to give it a second read.

I liked both stories, but I preferred the second one. It's nice to see that the X-Men have some villains like Dracula, villains who aren't just mutants who are stabbing each other in the back on Krakoa.

Omega Red felt like a scary threat for the first time in a while. This issue felt like it was getting him back on track. Just my opinion.

I thought that this first was a step up over anything that was written during The Return of Wolverine miniseries. Just my opinion.

Comic Geek in General

Wasn’t Omega Red dead/ left in the Age of X-Man reality?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    Wasn’t Omega Red dead/ left in the Age of X-Man reality?
    That is actually a good point. How did he get back?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    That is actually a good point. How did he get back?
    Lol there's not much from right B4Hickman that follows logic/make sense
    GrindrStone(D)