Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Madrox isnt a real mutant so je's lucky to even be on the island. If he needs to get off his ass and work for it that seems fair.
    He’s not a real mutant? Since when?

Also... are we sure all these guys are Madrox? If so... what a waste of a great character... and what a shitty new look.

Anywho... not a bad first issue.. but what kept bugging me is WHEN did it take place? Domino is intact and Kitty is alive... FF/X has a similar issue with Kitty, but you can plug that in between issues. Domino... Has she been “intact” at all since X-Force was formed? Just an artistic mistake, maybe?

so Kubert and Bogdanovic are switching arcs. Kubert is 1 -3 and then Boganovic's arc starts in 4? I enjoyed the first issue. Picked up the shout out to the 1990's die cut cover. Will give it a couple arcs at the least.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    What the hell, you're absolutely right. This is the same plot as the Overclock stuff in FA. I just hope Percy can dodge the absolute nothing that storyline wound up being.
    This already has much better art. And while we've seen Logan in this headspace before, the threat of Dracula and weird drug cartels makes this feel much more interesting than some random villain no one cares about.

Its kinda what BEH did in Fallen Angels too. A lot of these books plot are too similar to each other.

Great recap, Hush!

Really appreciate it.

Dang! Good review man
    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I'm amazed at how good this was and how tightly connected all these books feel. Dracula is now another enemy of Krakoa. They're going to be submerged in villains soon.

I'm glad that it explored the Cult of X thing too.
    Yeah I was SUPER surprised how much I enjoyed it
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    Great recap, Hush!

Really appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Dang! Good review man

Yeah I was SUPER surprised how much I enjoyed it
    Thank you both

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    so Kubert and Bogdanovic are switching arcs. Kubert is 1 -3 and then Boganovic's arc starts in 4? I enjoyed the first issue. Picked up the shout out to the 1990's die cut cover. Will give it a couple arcs at the least.
    Yeah Bogdanovic's arc starts with issue #4 and it's going to focus on the Omega Red storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I can see the vampires using the pollen to essentially "season" human blood to get the benefits of mutant blood. Plus just controlling the drug trade would be a huge boon to the vampires given that Dracula is still probably a bit short on cash.
    Dracula and the Vampire Nation controlling the drug trade could be a good way to connect the two storylines!

Its kinda what BEH did in Fallen Angels too. A lot of these books plot are too similar to each other.
    I was also thinking that maybe this drug was a sentient entity similar to "Spore" (an old Wolverine foe from the Goodwyn/Byrne run) and that the "Pale Girl" was how this entity was seen by those who were in contact with this drug but now that you mention it, you're right it could be too similar to what happened during Fallen Angels.

Extraordinary Member

I posted this in the Blade appreciation thread, but with Blade firmly with the Avengers at the moment and the X-Men in general wanting to have very little to do with nonmutants, the X-Men are at a real disadvantage.

I mean, again, Omega Red and Dracula don't even wait to have their conversation away from the gate in a bar or graveyard, they just have it a few steps away from the gate.

I don't think that's poor writing, but rather a hard metaphor for the X-Men ignoring outside problems to their detriment.

Given that Dracula and the vampire nation are now both an Avengers and X-Men problem, I wonder if we’ll end end up seeing a crossover when it comes to a head.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Thank you both

Yeah Bogdanovic's arc starts with issue #4 and it's going to focus on the Omega Red storyline.

Dracula and the Vampire Nation controlling the drug trade could be a good way to connect the two storylines!

I was also thinking that maybe this drug was a sentient entity similar to "Spore" (an old Wolverine foe from the Goodwyn/Byrne run) and that the "Pale Girl" was how this entity was seen by those who were in contact with this drug but now that you mention it, you're right it could be too similar to what happened during Fallen Angels.
    Man, if Percy brings the demon that hide in the cocain from the Byrne/Goodwin arc, if he would truly proved that he is a harcore fan of the characther lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Given that Dracula and the vampire nation are now both an Avengers and X-Men problem, I wonder if we’ll end end up seeing a crossover when it comes to a head.
    Yeah, maybe it's going to be teased in the upcoming FCBD X-Men 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Man, if Percy brings the demon that hide in the cocain from the Byrne/Goodwin arc, if he would truly proved that he is a harcore fan of the characther lol.
    This story gave us this beautiful panel:

I agree, if Percy brings Spore back or just makes a reference to this story, I will be impressed lol.

Astonishing Member

Was it only me who noticed a glaring error on Domino,in Kubert's story she is whole no missing eye no scarred right arm,using guns instead of Forge's tech.This is a major error,unless this episode happened before the hit on Xavier,but we don't have any indication to that effect.Changing books and artist is causing continuity errors.Guys in the editor room should be careful.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    He’s not a real mutant? Since when?
    X-Factor #10-#11? From the 2006 series. He's a killcrop or whatever it was bad story.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Thanks for the summary Hush. I have a good feeling about this run.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

X-Factor #10-#11? From the 2006 series. He's a killcrop or whatever it was bad story.
    Yeah, I do recall that... I think he was just a different kind of mutant because he had his powers from birth. He was mutant enough to die from the legacy virus...