Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    That second story was 90s as hell. Although I thought Jason Aaron had Dracula as one of the Avengers' enemies.
    Yeah, Dracula reforming the Vampire Nation is a Avengers plot.

But it is not impossible that it is a plot for both.

Thank you Hush for starting this thread!
    This issue was such a good read! Really enjoyed it!

BANNED

Havent read it yet but I love the callback to Logan's blood making Moira immortal Percy is a sexy genius.

Quote Originally Posted by PopCulturePooka View Post
    For a long time I was NOT a Wolverine fan. Way to over-exposed and too "edgy/cool" for my taste.

Then, when he died and wasn't in the books for a few years, I started missing him. It was clear that his abscence was a big gaping hole in the X-books, one that OML and 23-Verine didn't quite fill.

But this was great. The kind of X-stories that can only be done with Logan at his Loganiest. So is this Pale Girl someone we've seen before or a new villain?

I like the two new supporting characters, both humans, which is interesting as well.

So will this book be alternating it's storylines? Be double issue each time? How are they going to do the Pollen and the Vamp stories at once?
    Issues #2 & #3 will focus on the Pollen storyline and will have Adam Kubert on art duties. According to Newsarama, the 4th issue will see the return of Viktor Bogdanovic on art duties for the start of a new arc about the Omega Red storyline

https://www.newsarama.com/49055-vikt...dawn-of-x.html

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post

I'm not reading Avengers but from what I understand Dracula established his new kingdom in Chernobyl right? If that's still the case the Vampire Nation could be even bigger than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    Thank you Hush for starting this thread!
    This issue was such a good read! Really enjoyed it!
    You're welcome! It was a really good issue for sure, now we need to create new theories

BANNED

Spoilers:

First of all, I have to say that I am not very much invested in the first plot around the Orders of X and neither Logan killing X-Men(though it hasn't been explained yet but still). Percy may have a solid reason behind all this but most writers like Millar, Soule or Aaron always have but they felt flat and lacking originality most of the time.

I have liked Percy's voice on Logan and how He described the details of Wolverine's physiology till now.

Percy's narrative had a sense of simplicity of perspective behind Wolverine's own self and how he differs himself from the likes of his different rogues and friends BUT it lacked the berserker or animalistic character trope which I actually think is a positive take on Logan(though his character hasn't been explicitly explored till yet).

I haven't read the second plot yet but I will give my feedback about it later.

An actual recap and not a collection of run on sentences? We stan.

Can’t wait to read this later. ��

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I really like the sound of this first issue...(great job Hush). I LOVE the addition of new, helpful characters and new villains to add to the Rogues List. (I wonder if Dracula...oh the history!!! from XM Annual #6...will make another play for Storm?).
    I'm not a Wolverine fan but I would have bought this if it wasn't so expensive and everything else wasn't double shipped.
    I'll most likely buy it later on when my pull-list is back to manageable numbers.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post

I thought the idea was introduced in the X-Men vs Vampires story from the Utopia era.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    An actual recap and not a collection of run on sentences? We stan.

Can’t wait to read this later. ��
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I really like the sound of this first issue...(great job Hush). I LOVE the addition of new, helpful characters and new villains to add to the Rogues List. (I wonder if Dracula...oh the history!!! from XM Annual #6...will make another play for Storm?).
    I'm not a Wolverine fan but I would have bought this if it wasn't so expensive and everything else wasn't double shipped.
    I'll most likely buy it later on when my pull-list is back to manageable numbers.
    Thank you both

Seeing Storm facing Dracula once again could be really interesting! If I'm not mistaken, I think Dracula also had a rivalry with Apocalypse in the past, so if Krakoa and the Vampire Nation clash, things could get really personal between those two!

ooh very nice Hush. That was some detailed info.

Although I do like the run-on sentences, hot takes, and thoughts from other review posts.

This one was very in depth. Thank you.

Now i'll definitely give it a shot.

BANNED

Someone should tell Blue Dad that Dracula is back.

Who’s gonna tell who to follow their heart?

Excellent recap, thanks Hush! Sounds wonderful and I'm looking forward to reading it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Thank you Hush, i always enjoy your summarized versions.

As for the book itself, i like the second story more than the first one, because it feels like a classic Wolverine in the modern status quo. Besides i am a bit tired of "Logan killed his teamates" plot, although at the very it acknoledged that Logan shouldn't be capable of doing something like this, so hopefully is more interesting than it looks.

Both artist also did a killer job, especially Kubert.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Kate stole the show with that hand trick I have never wanted her powers until now.