Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Kate stole the show with that hand trick I have never wanted her powers until now.
    That was very cool. I hate the taste too so it'd be neat and I'd probably be dead by now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yeah, Dracula reforming the Vampire Nation is a Avengers plot.

But it is not impossible that it is a plot for both.
    We are seeing different plots that could effect the Avengers in X-Force, so I wouldn't be surprised if this plot has consequences for multiple books. Plus, Dracula is just fun.

It occurs to me that vampires can use those jewel pendants to protect against the sun, but Logan's blood can't be shot off or taken away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Thank you both

Seeing Storm facing Dracula once again could be really interesting! If I'm not mistaken, I think Dracula also had a rivalry with Apocalypse in the past, so if Krakoa and the Vampire Nation clash, things could get really personal between those two!
    Dracula's plan was to basically turn Apocalypse into a blood cow. You could do the same with Wolverine, of course, but it goes to show just how important Krakoa could be for the vampires when there are multiple mutants who could be caught and used as blood factories.

Also of note, Apocalypse clone Evan wasn't allowed in Monsteropolis by Shiklah because Apocalypse had gone to war with her before too. So, yeah, Apocalypse has a fun history

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

So given the fear of Omega Red being around kids specifically, is his being a Pedophile still canon?

I always thought he was at the top of the list for irredeemable pure evil characters. So I hope to see him causing some huge trouble soon. THERE is a villain who never needs to be a good guy, nor accepted among them. He's up there with Cassandra Nova.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    SO given the fear of Omega Red being around kids specifically, is his being a Pedophile still canon?

I always thought he was at the top of the list for irredeemable pure evil characters. So I hope to see him causing some huge trouble soon. THERE is a villain who never needs to be a good guy, nor accepted among them. He's up there with Cassandra Nova.
    Oh he was a pedophile in the past? I thought the concertn was about his toxic spores.
    Last edited by Veitha; 02-19-2020 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    That was very cool. I hate the taste too so it'd be neat and I'd probably be dead by now.
    It was a cute trick, but I feel like directly putting alcohol straight into the blood like that would not be cute, and more painful that enjoyable(maybe even deadly?).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yeah, Dracula reforming the Vampire Nation is a Avengers plot.

But it is not impossible that it is a plot for both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Thank you both

Seeing Storm facing Dracula once again could be really interesting! If I'm not mistaken, I think Dracula also had a rivalry with Apocalypse in the past, so if Krakoa and the Vampire Nation clash, things could get really personal between those two!
    So given the fear of Omega Red being around kids specifically, is his being a Pedophile still canon?

I thought he ate kids?

But yeah, Omega Red shouldn't be there.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Oh he was a pedophile in the past? I thought the concert was about his toxic spores.
    I heard there was a mini or one-shot that established him as a sexual predator & he didn't discriminate against kids in that department.

But again, it's something I have read about in summary, but hadn't been given the arc it happened in. Like a story I hear about where Jobbertooth broke into a daycare to eat the children. People mention that, but I never found where it came from. The cannibalism thing started with Frank Tieri I think. So it would've been in something he wrote in 2002 or afterwards.

BANNED

I hope Percy brings jANUS back he had some serious ust with Storm and Gambit.

Goddess, that was one of the best stories in that horrible era.

Astonishing Member

I have faith that Percy would do a great job with the vampire plot with Dracula, much better than the last time the mutants tangled with vampires in that curse of the mutants arc from 2010 didnt like it

Overall that story was stupid, but I really liked the Storm and Gambit issue.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post

I hope Percy brings jANUS back he had some serious ust with Storm and Gambit.
    I loved Janus! I wish we'd see more of him either here or Avengers

Btw, poor Madrox has been turned into a free labor force producer.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    ooh very nice Hush. That was some detailed info.

Although I do like the run-on sentences, hot takes, and thoughts from other review posts.

This one was very in depth. Thank you.

Now i'll definitely give it a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Excellent recap, thanks Hush! Sounds wonderful and I'm looking forward to reading it.
    Thank you both

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Thank you Hush, i always enjoy your summarized versions.

As for the book itself, i like the second story more than the first one, because it feels like a classic Wolverine in the modern status quo. Besides i am a bit tired of "Logan killed his teamates" plot, although at the very it acknoledged that Logan shouldn't be capable of doing something like this, so hopefully is more interesting than it looks.

Both artist also did a killer job, especially Kubert.
    You're welcome and thank you! Yeah I agree I also prefer the second story especially because of Logan's characterization, the "Logan killed his teamates" plot is indeed something that was done too many times in recent years and I hope there is more than meet the eye here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Dracula's plan was to basically turn Apocalypse into a blood cow. You could do the same with Wolverine, of course, but it goes to show just how important Krakoa could be for the vampires when there are multiple mutants who could be caught and used as blood factories.

Also of note, Apocalypse clone Evan wasn't allowed in Monsteropolis by Shiklah because Apocalypse had gone to war with her before too. So, yeah, Apocalypse has a fun history
    Thank you for the information and yeah no wonder the Vampires are interested in Krakoa! And good call about Evan, I completely forgot about that story.

Oh he was a pedophile in the past? I thought the concertn was about his toxic spores.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I thought he ate kids?

But yeah, Omega Red shouldn't be there.
    I heard there was a mini or one-shot that established him as a sexual predator & he didn't discriminate against kids in that department.

But again, it's something I have read about in summary, but hadn't been given the arc it happened in. Like a story I hear about where Jobbertooth broke into a daycare to eat the children. People mention that, but I never found where it came from. The cannibalism thing started with Frank Tieri I think. So it would've been in something he wrote in 2002 or afterwards.
    It was something heavily implied by Larry Hama during the Maverick one shot in 1997, which is why he was executed by the Red Army.

That's why Logan tells Magneto it's too dangerous to let him enter the island especially with all the kids around.