Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I love the utter chaos of this mini. Genoshan zombies vs the tree aliens Cotati vs Krakoans & Kree/Skrull alliance vs Hordeculture??

Steel-ball Strike Special.
    OMG I totally missed that it says, "OLD WOMEN"! Emma better wash up.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    OMG I totally missed that it says, "OLD WOMEN"! Emma better wash up.
    Emma has been stocking up soap and not for Coronavirus.

Can someone explain what the heck is Empyre, why the X-men are involved and when this all happens? I dont read or pay attention to stuff outside of this line

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Can someone explain what the heck is Empyre, why the X-men are involved and when this all happens? I dont read or pay attention to stuff outside of this line
    Well it's kind of like a whole world event with the newly formed Kree Skrull alliance attacking the earth and plant people who are also on the earth for some reason. Not something the X-Men
    /Krakoa can just ignore planet wide chaos and all.

EMPYRE: X-MEN #3 & #4 (OF 4)
    ALIENS! PLANT-MEN! MUTANTS! ZOMBIES! OLD WOMEN! DEMONS! EXPLOSIONS!
    These issues have more than you ever dreamed to ask for. And then some.
    40 PGS.(each)/Rated T+ …$4.99 (each)
    Looks great. I can't wait to see Genosha again. Hopefully they manage to have time for enough small character moments with all that is going on there.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Okay, so maybe I missed something but exactly what is this event? X-centric, Avengers included, a marvel verse extravaganza? I thought it was reported awhile back the X-men wouldn't be involved but it seems now most the ideas are from X-properties only to be hamfisted into fitting everyone else.

Empyre is an Avengers-Fantastic Four centric event
    It's basically all out war between three alien species who've chosen Earth as the staging ground so the human race is a fourth unwilling participant
    A lot of different books are getting tie-ins.

The X-Men will have one issue of Hickman's X-Men tying in, and a miniseries tie-in with all of the current X-Books writers pitching in and collaborating on a round Robin type of story

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    It's basically all out war between three alien species who've chosen Earth as the staging ground so the human race is a fourth unwilling participant

The X-Men will have one issue of Hickman's X-Men tying in, and a miniseries tie-in with all of the current X-Books writers pitching in and collaborating on a round Robin type of story
    Thank you I was and slightly still am confused about what this event was becoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

Thank you! I was super confused. Where does Genosha come into play?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thank you! I was super confused. Where does Genosha come into play?
    One of the alien races involved is the Cotati, hyper evolved sentient plants that have seeded themselves all over the Earth. Krakoa doesn't seem to get along with other types of plant life, it's a bit of an invasive species.

It looks like the Cotati have decided to take over a couple key strategic locations for the war, Genosha seems to be one of them. And something (possibly unrelated to aliens) is bringing back the 16 million dead mutants on Genosha as zombies
    And the zombies will fight the plants

Hordeculture VS X-Men VS Cotati VS Genoshan Zombies!!!!!!

Al Ewing and AiPT are doing a series of articles about EMPYRE and this is what he had to say about the mini:

”Is there anyone that isn’t an Immortal Hulk fan at this point? Jumping back to Twitter, @Jandr0G asked, “The actions of the united Kree/Skrulls will affect the humans of Earth and Cotati, but will we see how other alien races such as Shi’ar, Kymellian, or Badoon react to this new alliance?”

A: It’s mostly an Earth-centric production – but noted Shi’ar allies, the X-Men, do get a mini that’s one of the wildest and weirdest scripts I’ve read in some time. And the aftermath of Empyre will create ripples that reach out and touch all those races in one way or another.

Al Ewing and AiPT are doing a series of articles about EMPYRE and this is what he had to say about the mini:
    Love me some cute and handsome Warren

Astonishing Member

Thought Angel's wing was on fire until I realized it was just Magiks sword lol also Magik has two different swords in the cover and actual comic.

I'm waiting for Warren to snap, pull out those metal wings and then murder someone's grandma