Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

sorry, double post!
    A picture would last longer darling...

BANNED

I am not interested in any X tie-in that crossovers with Empyre. Pass for me.

Hickman knew I wouldn't care about these event tie ins so he decided to bring back Petra, Sway and Vulcan, then use Monet, then implicate Genosha AND bring in the entire x-slack........well played.

omg and Buffagni's pencilling the first issue at this point he might as well just come collect his cheque in advance

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I would have been overjoyed if Buffagni illustrated all the issues.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Magik just gonna port into every book now that she's no longer confined to New Mutants.
    Works for me!

Those are some sharp bangs

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I am not interested in any X tie-in that crossovers with Empyre. Pass for me.
    I'm just not interested in Empyre...just reminds me how much I can't stand Marvel space stuff in most cases

especially since the Young Avengers (all of them) should be front and center in the conflict since Hulkling is the catalyst for the whole thing, and nothing so far has shown or talked about any of them (maybe just Wiccan)

Quote Originally Posted by guy_gardner View Post
    I'm just not interested in Empyre...just reminds me how much I can't stand Marvel space stuff in most cases

especially since the Young Avengers (all of them) should be front and center in the conflict since Hulkling is the catalyst for the whole thing, and nothing so far has shown or talked about any of them (maybe just Wiccan)
    Current Guardians is goood as far as cosmic goes. Like really really good.

I'm not interested in Empyre either tho. And it feels weird not to have a Young Avengers mini

I have nothing but faith that a YA Mini announcement tie in is coming within the next 2 weeks. The Origin of the Young Avengers was highlighted in the Empyre trailer. They could have just said of Hulking the fact they mentioned the whole team gives me faith.

Also though Tommy, Kate and America are involved without Outlaw which is happening at the same time as Empyre they might all be preoccupied.

Anyhoodle all these Empyre tie ins could really help Teddy elevate to the next level! So this is great!! For Wiccan too especially if they marry and reign over the Kree/Skrull alliance! It's great the X-Men are getting involved with this conflict!

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Correct me of I’m wrong fam, but didn’t Magneto sink Genosha back during Buncanny as a now ironic reminder to not try to start another mutant nation? It’s not beyond the realm of possibility for it to just float back up for no reason, but if there’s an actual explanation about that, I’d love to know it.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Correct me of I’m wrong fam, but didn’t Magneto sink Genosha back during Buncanny as a now ironic reminder to not try to start another mutant nation? It’s not beyond the realm of possibility for it to just float back up for no reason, but if there’s an actual explanation about that, I’d love to know it.
    Bunn on his Uncanny did have a throwaway text box that Genosha was sunk, we didn't see it sink though just that an explosion occurred. We saw Genosha again not sunk in Phoenix Resurrection when some X-Men showed up on the Island and then Cassandra Nova took over Genosha in X-Men Red... so yes and no.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-19-2020 at 06:42 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    The most likely explanation is that they are ignoring that story. Lots of Bunn's work has been ignored, so not that shocking.

I didn't think the Fantomex body swap would count but it did, so who knows?

As long as they keep calling Magneto “Erik” and not “Max”... I’m glad that Bunnism didn’t stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Yes!!!!! Monet finally!
    Came here to post this, about dam time
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    The most likely explanation is that they are ignoring that story. Lots of Bunn's work has been ignored, so not that shocking.

I didn't think the Fantomex body swap would count but it did, so who knows?
    This. Idk why it's hard to get. Bunn himself said that series was pre-Hickman filler. Nothing in it has been canon. lol I hate it since it's still the last X Book I truly enjoyed, but facts are facts.

In that same series, Psyloke stabilized Mystique's mind and said she'd never do willing business with Magneto again now that she's somewhat rational again. But how's that working out in HOX? lol

BANNED

leah+hickman garantees that lorna will show up 100 %, you dont have to be that positive to see where this is heading when that era has been referenced so many times, and hickman obviously at very least likes lorna.

anyways, im excited! i love these minis, they exist witout the imminant fear of cancelation so i can just not pick them up at first, it feels like they offer awesome story for its sake
    Last edited by Ferro; 02-19-2020 at 08:00 PM.