Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    They don't all need to be rich or have experience in leading corporations. Hellion and Sofia would be part of the field team.
    Yeah I like your idea of having the young people join. They can do an internship lol

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    X-Corp w/ Monet, Warren, Illyana, Berto, and...Anole? (head of Worthington Industries) pls
    Plus Karma of course and we need someone from Serval Industries (the company that 'owned' New X-Factor), Danger perhaps
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I'll star this by saying that I don't think that we will be getting an X-Corp comic. I think that it was canceled, possibly due to the Coronus outbreak, or possibly because it could be redundant because of Marauders.

But, I'll play along and pick members for some sort of hypothetical team.

I'd start by keeping Warren and Monet for sure. But, I wouldn't just add all of the rich characters. I'll try to make this team a little different than the ones already talked about in this thread. I'd try to give the team a little bit of a more diverse skill set than that.

Madrox could make sense to stay because he has a background as a detective. It could help the team out if they have to do some quality investigating of some company. Plus, I'm sure one of his dupes has some sort of business know how. Plus the dupes could file all of the paper work.
    If you don't like Madrox as the team corporate detective, I guess that you could add Siryn instead.

Frenzy could be helpful I think. I know that Warren has some experience addressing governments, but Frenzy could help here also. She was some kind of diplomat for Genosha, and that could be useful. She could be the tough bad cop when X-Corp has to deal with uncooperative governments. Plus she would add some more muscle to the team. Every one of Marvel's to business companies has super humans working for it, and Frenzy could help with the inevitable battles.

Eventually the X-Corp would need to likely break into and infiltrate another company. A character who is good at breaking and entering type missions would be useful. Gambit, X-23 or Domino would be great for this, but they are busy elsewhere. So maybe some one line Mercury, Blink or Nightcrawler could handle the role of enemy business infiltrator instead. If you wanted to be clever with Hijack's technopathy powers he might fit this role also.

The other rich mutants like Karma could wander into and out of the series as needed.

I know that this will be unpopular, but I would wait a while to bring Sunspot back. I would let the X-Corp team change and grow without him around. When Berto did end up making his inevitable return, he might not like what X-Corp has turned into, and he might become upset if the company changed so much that it didn't fit his original vision. I think that those could be fun stories to read about.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    X-Corp w/ Monet, Warren, Illyana, Berto, and...Anole? (head of Worthington Industries) pls
    Sunspot, Penance & Angel as the core trio. Karma and Shinobi Shaw who are supporting characters only in New Mutants & Marauders. Trinary on tech support and resource handling. Emplate as a point-of-interest being traditionally antagonistic, and coming from the same wealth as Monet, which also adds a familial connection to the team. Wind Dancer as the youngest but can hold her own in the field and grew up in a wealthy household.

Wind Dancer didn't grow up with her father. IIRC, she didn't even know him until her mom died.

Do you guys really want to read a story that doesn't have anyone but rich people in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Wind Dancer didn't grow up with her father. IIRC, she didn't even know him until her mom died.

Do you guys really want to read a story that doesn't have anyone but rich people in it?
    I don't want to read a comic that only has rich people in it.
    That's why I included non wealthy mutants in my made up team.

The idea behind X-Corporation is that it involves wealthy characters using their money for good. That's why you mostly see rich characters being proposed as team members.

And besides, this is just forum members having fun proposing different team members for a comic.
    I don't think that most people actually expect an X-Corps comic at this point. This is just some harmless fun.
    Last edited by Thievery; 07-30-2020 at 05:42 PM.

Oh, I'm not criticizing, I'm just surprised that people aren't more down on the corporate types. I agree that it's fun.

Personally I like the team on the cover of issue 3, just swap out Quentin for Sunspot, and maybe limit the Cukoos to one or two per issue.

For those that don't remember the cover, that's Angel, Sunspot, Penance, Moonstar, Magik, Madrox, and the Cukoos. (The three New Mutants should be kept as far from the title of that name as possible, IMO.)

Oh, I'm not criticizing, I'm just surprised that people aren't more down on the corporate types. I agree that it's fun.

Personally I like the team on the cover of issue 3, just swap out Quentin for Sunspot, and maybe limit the Cukoos to one or two per issue.

For those that don't remember the cover, that's Angel, Sunspot, Penance, Moonstar, Magik, Madrox, and the Cukoos. (The three New Mutants should be kept as far from the title of that name as possible, IMO.)
    A lot of the Archangel fans that post in the Archangel Appreciation thread have wanted to see some form of an Archangel/Monet/Magik/Moonstar team up for a long time. We are actually getting our wish on that one .

I almost feel sorry for Quire, facing those the ladies at once. Almost. You know they're not gonna put up with any of his crap.

BANNED

No, but she still has tangential ties to that world. And I think she'd be a great fit for the team I devised

They don't all need to be rich, but I think using that as a basis given the concept of X-Corp being tied to wealth and resources it makes sense. Plus I'm sure those personalities together would make for a good read. And seeing them all in polished corporate looks would be a treat.