Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

FANTASTIC! They are giving us EVERYTHING!

Monet, Warren, and Captain Illyana, let's gooooooo!!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I think it's an anthology series like they often did during the San Fran era.
    I think this is continuity

I'm not going to say Empyre is guaranteed to exclude Polaris since more and more people are questioning why Marvel keeps acting like Lorna has no history with Genosha. Fan/consumer awareness makes a difference.

But I will say that if Marvel actually acknowledges it, I fully expect her experiences won't be given nearly the kind of attention and importance they need and deserve - especially after Marvel's ignored it for the past roughly 15 years. With a good chance of Marvel trying to use it as a "final word," putting words in Lorna's mouth (e.g. "I'm done with Genosha after this because it was so bad that I never want to think about it again") to act like a few panels on Empyre is sufficient to never talk about Genosha with her again.

P.S. - I'm saying this fully aware that Marvel could adjust plans based on reactions they see.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Genosha? I have been waiting a long time for certain X-Men to deal with their feelings about the new set up visa via the old mutant homeland.

Its a hopeful sign for Polaris that LW's is writing the second issue. The overall set up sounds a bit Marvel Zombies meets Necrosha, but it can avoid that fate as long as it keeps in mind fighting against undead is a hook, but the real draw of the set up that could turn another Zombies mini into something memorable then another in a long line of forgotten crossover minis. That draw would be the character work and building on contrasting one era from a previous one and how it sheds light on the new era and its characters.

That and some witty scripting always helps.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-19-2020 at 11:10 AM.

Im actually really curious to see how Hickman and Howard write together.

I'm still hoping he takes over an arc of Excalibur.

I want to see him write Betsy, Apocalypse, Exodus and Rogue.

This series is a more of a wait and see. Maybe the preview pages will get us more excited.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Im actually really curious to see how Hickman and Howard write together.

I'm still hoping he takes over an arc of Excalibur.

I want to see him write Betsy, Apocalypse, Exodus and Rogue.

This series is a more of a wait and see. Maybe the preview pages will get us more excited.
    I have a feeling they arent writing together. This seems to be more of an anthology style book with each creator writing their own tale

BANNED

Good to see Worthington.

With so much content needed, there is never a real reason not to see pretty much everyone pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I have a feeling they arent writing together. This seems to be more of an anthology style book with each creator writing their own tale
    ah ok. Yeah now that I've ready everyones comments. It makes more sense that they are not writing together.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I thought the same as well but then the promo says:
    It all begins in EMPYRE: X-MEN #1 written by Head of X Jonathan Hickman and writer of Excalibur, Tini Howard, and continues in EMPYRE: X-MEN #2 written by Gerry Duggan (Marauders), Benjamin Percy (X-Force, Wolverine), and Leah Williams, writer of the highly anticipated series, X-Factor.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

I dont think each writer has their own short story. The description make it sound like one big story. Although I don't understand where mutant zombies come from pr how they relate to FF/A: the Rise of Skywalker. Maybe Selene makes her move?

Magik, M-Penance, and Archangel?! *swoons in Delight*
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Kind of confusing that they are going to Genosha to deal with zombies. Isn't Empyre about another Kree/Skrull war?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

4 anthology books. LMAO.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Hmmm Interesting.

Duggan and Hickman writing this??? I'm down.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I dont think each writer has their own short story. The description make it sound like one big story. Although I don't understand where mutant zombies come from pr how they relate to FF/A: the Rise of Skywalker. Maybe Selene makes her move?
    If she does make her move it might be quite epic. But I don't see the Empyre connection to a Necrosha 2.0 plot