Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    This. Idk why it's hard to get. Bunn himself said that series was pre-Hickman filler. Nothing in it has been canon. lol I hate it since it's still the last X Book I truly enjoyed, but facts are facts.

In that same series, Psyloke stabilized Mystique's mind and said she'd never do willing business with Magneto again now that she's somewhat rational again. But how's that working out in HOX? lol
    Bunn things being ignored by continuity is a thing that we can be sure.

I don't like how developments are ignored, but here we are. X-men fans should only buy x-men when a big writer is writing

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Current Guardians is goood as far as cosmic goes. Like really really good.

I'm not interested in Empyre either tho. And it feels weird not to have a Young Avengers mini
    Then u haven't read Abnett's GOTG and Al Ewing's Ultimates run and how they turned out to be in the end. Abnett remained where he wants to be but Al Ewing destroyed his own ideas with tie-ins crossovers. Now I don't think it will be indifferent.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Bunn on his Uncanny did have a throwaway text box that Genosha was sunk, we didn't see it sink though just that an explosion occurred. We saw Genosha again not sunk in Phoenix Resurrection when some X-Men showed up on the Island and then Cassandra Nova took over Genosha in X-Men Red... so yes and no.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    The most likely explanation is that they are ignoring that story. Lots of Bunn's work has been ignored, so not that shocking.

I didn't think the Fantomex body swap would count but it did, so who knows?
    Ah, I see, thanks guys. Poor Cullen Bunn, at least we’ll always have the Magneto solo.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Ah, I see, thanks guys. Poor Cullen Bunn, at least we’ll always have the Magneto solo.
    I remember he was rebuilding Genosha before the Secret Wars crossover, I doubt he was happy the crossover killed his plans there.

Genosha had some great stories over the years and it’s part of the X-Men Mythos it will never fully sink long term. Some of Pietro’s best stories of the late 90s were there. I also thought he had a really nice role in New X-Men 132.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    leah+hickman garantees that lorna will show up 100 %, you dont have to be that positive to see where this is heading when that era has been referenced so many times, and hickman obviously at very least likes lorna.
    Only uses of Lorna by Hickman to date are 1) to have exposition talked at her from Magneto in House of X, and 2) to have Cyclops talk about family at her (with a quick namedrop/cred boost for Havok in the form of "I don't wanna date him right now") in X-Men #1. Those aren't signs he likes Lorna. They're signs he likes using Lorna for men to talk at her about things relevant to the men.

Even if you take the angle of "there wasn't room for anything about Lorna's history to come up on HoX/PoX" (which I do not), Hickman could've very easily had Lorna mention surviving the Genoshan genocide in X-Men #1 and didn't. He chose to use up that panel space to give Havok another mention that wasn't in any way needed.

Writers can of course improve, but if you're judging by Hickman's work to date, it says he sees her as a useful prop.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Only uses of Lorna by Hickman to date are 1) to have exposition talked at her from Magneto in House of X, and 2) to have Cyclops talk about family at her (with a quick namedrop/cred boost for Havok in the form of "I don't wanna date him right now") in X-Men #1. Those aren't signs he likes Lorna. They're signs he likes using Lorna for men to talk at her about things relevant to the men.

Even if you take the angle of "there wasn't room for anything about Lorna's history to come up on HoX/PoX" (which I do not), Hickman could've very easily had Lorna mention surviving the Genoshan genocide in X-Men #1 and didn't. He chose to use up that panel space to give Havok another mention that wasn't in any way needed.

Writers can of course improve, but if you're judging by Hickman's work to date, it says he sees her as a useful prop.
    uh uh sure, whatevs, its still leah williams in a genosha storyline, that is very much on the nose

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Then u haven't read Abnett's GOTG and Al Ewing's Ultimates run and how they turned out to be in the end. Abnett remained where he wants to be but Al Ewing destroyed his own ideas with tie-ins crossovers. Now I don't think it will be indifferent.
    Abnett had a carte blanche that Ewing very much did not have at the time.

I feel like a post Hulk success Ewing has a lot more leeway to do his own thing than a Pre-Hulk one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Abnett had a carte blanche that Ewing very much did not have at the time.

I feel like a post Hulk success Ewing has a lot more leeway to do his own thing than a Pre-Hulk one.
    No he didn't .A lot of it got connected to X-Men with consequential events but Abnett was still the god of his domain.

BANNED

These creative teams are a godsend. I can't wait to read the second issue in particular- Percy, Duggan & Williams, writing Warren, Illyana & Monet? Hell yes.

Regarding Lorna and her ties to Genosha, I'm hesitant to expect her here, just because this seems to be another side-story, and doesn't seem to include characters attached to other ongoing titles (Illyana, along w/ Sam, Berto & Doug, seem to be off NM for the time being)

Assuming the team sent to Genosha has more members, I'd hope for Sunfire, Warpath, Husk, Skin, Siryn or any of the NXM kids not already set to appear in Cable

I usually skip the crossover tie-ins, but the whole DoX writer line-up doing a round robin sounds like fun. I'm in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    These creative teams are a godsend. I can't wait to read the second issue in particular- Percy, Duggan & Williams, writing Warren, Illyana & Monet? Hell yes.

Regarding Lorna and her ties to Genosha, I'm hesitant to expect her here, just because this seems to be another side-story, and doesn't seem to include characters attached to other ongoing titles (Illyana, along w/ Sam, Berto & Doug, seem to be off NM for the time being)

Assuming the team sent to Genosha has more members, I'd hope for Sunfire, Warpath, Husk, Skin, Siryn or any of the NXM kids not already set to appear in Cable
    Let's be bit more pragmatic about this shall we? It's good to see non-maintstream or minority characters getting chancrs but this comics are related to Empyre, the so called earth shattering event which is kinda indifferent towards all those generic earth shattering events that happened before.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I usually skip the crossover tie-ins, but the whole DoX writer line-up doing a round robin sounds like fun. I'm in.
    i like these mini's since they are just more content to go with the main books, I really like giant sized x-men as well

It's about time Angel gets some more attention.

I'm wondering if issue 2 still features these three, since two issues own different writers and artists.
    Not surprised that Hickman finally got panels for Monet, now called Penance. I'm so interested in his new creation for the whole M-Plate-Penace thing lol, and anyone remember the baby-penaces featured in New Mutant #1?
    Last edited by WildR; 02-19-2020 at 11:41 PM.

Boom. I request the appearances of Shola, Lorna, and Wicked please.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella