Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Let's be bit more pragmatic about this shall we? It's good to see non-mainstream or minority characters getting chances but this comics are related to Empyre, the so-called earth shattering event which is kinda indifferent towards all those generic earth shattering events that happened before.
    Oh I don't mean to sound pessimistic in the slightest, I just wouldn't be surprised if Lorna were excluded from this mission as she is a key part of the narrative happening over in X-Factor. Furthermore, Empyre might be the big event of the year, but oftentimes splinter titles, miniseries and tie-ins are relatively inconsequential to the main event. Not to say that they're not important and/or enjoyable, but there's a core narrative, and then smaller rotating pieces y'know? War of the Realms or Secret Empire, to reference semi-recent events, are good examples of this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Oh I don't mean to sound pessimistic in the slightest, I just wouldn't be surprised if Lorna were excluded from this mission as she is a key part of the narrative happening over in X-Factor. Furthermore, Empyre might be the big event of the year, but oftentimes splinter titles, miniseries and tie-ins are relatively inconsequential to the main event. Not to say that they're not important and/or enjoyable, but there's a core narrative, and then smaller rotating pieces y'know? War of the Realms or Secret Empire, to reference semi-recent events, are good examples of this.
    I know you weren't. I was actually trying to add to your point that most of the earth-shattering events and it's tie-ins are ineffectual and a lot of tie-ins are not more than filler towards character development and main story. It only helps those characters to get more spotlight. I would rather have them on their minis or maxi.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Personally, I've stopped caring about and reading Marvel's mega-line-wide-universe-ending events for many, many years now. Empyre is no different. I couldn't give a crab's left buttock, even if I forced myself.
    I'm absolutely only interested in this because...HiX-Man and his DoX team. I want to see how beauty-fully weird they get with this and how it may tie in to Krakoa, if at all.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Boom. I request the appearances of Shola, Lorna, and Wicked please.
    Seconded! I can't believe Wicked wasn't already involved in the whole resurrection thing. Surely you'd want your *soul* to come back to the new clone body with telepathically updated memories...

And Shola could be fun, too. He can hook up with Tag and they can look at the 23,471 white psychics and laugh.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    It's about time Angel gets some more attention.
    Yes indeed, but I do not like his 80's look. He is suppose to be Archangel nowadays.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Yes indeed, but I do not like his 80's look. He is suppose to be Archangel nowadays.
    That look is timeless and besides he is both. The best thing about his development in recent years is that he can morph back and forth at will

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Boom. I request the appearances of Shola, Lorna, and Wicked please.
    LOVE WICKED! But you cant forget het buddy Freakshow. I would kill to see those two. Also think Book and Hub, i think thats their names. Also maybe use Unus, he also was a survivor.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Hickman is not beholden to continuity. He is the X-god now.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Dang y'all… I know we're a salty/horny lot but no one said you have to buy all the books. I was like "oh cool, Magik, Warren, and Monet!" and come here to see "OMG CROSSOVER COSMIC GARBAGE BURN THIS BOOK NOW."

We've seen this type of thing before. Just because it has the Empyre name on it doesn't mean it'll be 18 pages of Captain America yelling at mutants. For all we know it'll be a panel of an Avenger saying "hey X-peeps we thought you should check this out" and that's it.
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I doubt it's an anti-Avenger thing. It's a "Marvel events have been sh*t" thing.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    It's about time Angel gets some more attention.
    Is it???? Like what is he going to do, flap his wings and lose his sh#t for the 87th time? What else is goin on?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Dang y'all… I know we're a salty/horny lot but no one said you have to buy all the books. I was like "oh cool, Magik, Warren, and Monet!" and come here to see "OMG CROSSOVER COSMIC GARBAGE BURN THIS BOOK NOW."

We've seen this type of thing before. Just because it has the Empyre name on it doesn't mean it'll be 18 pages of Captain America yelling at mutants. For all we know it'll be a panel of an Avenger saying "hey X-peeps we thought you should check this out" and that's it.
    We all have our opinions but right now every event that is so-called "Earth-Shattering" is turning into mediocrity. It's good to see minor characters getting spotlight but these books can go both ways for characters.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Is it???? Like what is he going to do, flap his wings and lose his sh#t for the 87th time? What else is goin on?
    Sleep with someone in front of their mother?

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post

I erally doubt any avengers gonna show up. I don't think any avengers showed up on uncanny war of realms tie in

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    get stabbed by betsy