Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    so when are rahne and xandra getting married
    Xandra is a kid. geezus

Why X-men are all chummy with Sh'ar, they killed all the Greys. If Hickman is ignoring this, he can also bring them back

no way lol, haven't read her until this run and I just assumed she was the same age as the NM. weird because their interaction reads almost 100% as flirtation

no way lol, haven't read her until this run and I just assumed she was the same age as the NM. weird because their interaction reads almost 100% as flirtation
    She was a egg just some time ago, that is why she needs a tutor

BANNED

They were flirting.

Rahne has a type.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    That's the name of the chapter. I'm not messing around.

The issue begins with the "recap of #6" where Sunspot, Sam, Smasher, Doug and Deathbird got caught by the Death Commandos and Berto ate a laser for Deathbird to escape. However Deathbird (and later Illyana's half of the team) rescue. Then there's the skit where Dani calls out Berto for spoiling the story.

The scene shifts to Xandra worrying about Smasher's team running late but Gladiator (Oracle is also present) informs her that the Guardians exist to ensure that the Empire lives and that as long as she lives so will the Empire and that a Guardian will also rise up when one falls. Xandra asks what's her aunt is like and Gladiator responds she's like a bird of prey.

The New Mutants arrive of Chandilar and we see Xian and Doug interrogating Sega, the creator of Sonic the Hedgehog, and they threaten to turn him from his gaseous form to a solid unless he spills the beans on who sent the Death Commandos after them. Xian informs the others that they're walking into a trap but Deathbird doesn't give a f*ck so they go anyway.

They show up and Deathbird starts a fight by throwing her spear at Oracle. Xandra tells them to break it up. Gladiator says he only started fighting cuz Deathbird was trying to usurp the throne... again but Deathbird reveals Oracle tried to off them in space.
    Gladiator is about to send Oracle to the gulag but Xandra says that Oracle was only doing it cuz of her duty as an Imperial Guard and has her be a co-adviser along with Deathbird.

Later, there's a party at Sam and Izzy's place where they set up a portal. Sam says he's staying and Berto's like "WTF should I go home empty-handed?" and Sam's like "Then stay in space, thot" and Berto's like "OK".

There's a small scene where Gladiator asks Scott, who's attending the party, how he can pay him and the New Mutants back. Scott asks if he can set up another portal on the island looking planetoid called Chandilore and Gladiator says no worries, bruv.

There was another part where Rahne licks Xavier's daughter.

ffs

Anyway the book ends with Sam telling Berto that Izzy ain't letting him stay with them but Berto says he bought their building and he's raising the rent (Man, no wonder Izzy can't stand this guy). There's some more bro talk then I closed the book.

The End.
    I used to think the Shi'ar were a mighty space empire. I obviously thought wrong.
    Beyond that, the humour didn't salvage the "plot" for me, the issue felt like a pure filler - really disappointed by this read.

1/5 and that's thanks to the humour and that Roberto Da Costa/Samuel Guthrie pairing somewhat clicking.
    Everything else was forgettable at best. Bleh.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Mighty Member

This was a rather disappointing issue. Everything was rushed except for Sam and Sunspot's bromance.

They should have better fighting scenes spanning a few issues as in the Chris Claremont days. That would have been epic instead of just 3 panels without any dialogue or even action.

I felt that before it even started, it has already ended.

Doug didn't have any opportunities to use his body language powers, Warlock arm etc.

It's obvious that Hickman main spotlight was on Bobby.

Hopefully, we will have better fighting scenes, more focus on other New Mutants powers and stories in the future.

Quite disappointing run so far, frankly on both Hickman and Brisson.

The other X-Men related titles like Marauders and X-Force were far more interesting than Hickman's New Mutants and X-Men.
    Last edited by ericng; 02-24-2020 at 03:54 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post

1/5 and that's thanks to the humour and that Roberto Da Costa/Samuel Guthrie pairing somewhat clicking.
    Everything else was forgettable at best. Bleh.
    Agree on this. This space run has been a failure.

Chris Claremont would have written a much better space-faring story.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Rahne licking things was a little much, but that's just a small gripe. Karma and Cypher interrogating that sphere of gas was great.
    That was the only two things (plus Roberto's bromance) I liked about this issue, it was funny but how does Cypher turn on the pressure on the gas thing?

This book and the new Wolverine book were the best comics I read this week, no contest.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    That was the only two things (plus Roberto's bromance) I liked about this issue, it was funny but how does Cypher turn on the pressure on the gas thing?
    Probably Using his hands
    GrindrStone(D)

Hickman really using queerbait here, between Sam and Roberto.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Hickman really using queerbait here, between Sam and Roberto.
    How? One is married and one just got a girlfriend, it's ok to have a bromance.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    How? One is married and one just got a girlfriend, it's ok to have a bromance.
    I could even agree, but Hickman really pushes bromance far ahead to not be considered queerbait. Like Roberto traveled galaxies to get Sam and them stayed there close to him ( there is also deathbird but main reason is Sam).

Mighty Member

I could even agree, but Hickman really pushes bromance far ahead to not be considered queerbait. Like Roberto traveled galaxies to get Sam and them stayed there close to him ( there is also deathbird but main reason is Sam).
    Yes, it doesn't make sense.

I can understand the whole team wanting to be together again but out of all the New Mutants, only Roberto wants to stay with Sam is a bit too much.

Roberto's love with a ruthless killer is also nonsensical, he should go back to Amara.

Well, we have lost two original New Mutants this issue. I am not looking forward to Brisson's issues and Glob.

Hope the future sales figure will change Marvel's mind that we need somebody more capable (and not Brisson) to write future New Mutants issues.
    Last edited by ericng; 02-25-2020 at 05:25 AM.

They're friendos, leave them alone, let them bromance.