Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Default New Mutants #7: *spoilers*

That's the name of the chapter. I'm not messing around.

The issue begins with the "recap of #6" where Sunspot, Sam, Smasher, Doug and Deathbird got caught by the Death Commandos and Berto ate a laser for Deathbird to escape. However Deathbird (and later Illyana's half of the team) rescue. Then there's the skit where Dani calls out Berto for spoiling the story.

The scene shifts to Xandra worrying about Smasher's team running late but Gladiator (Oracle is also present) informs her that the Guardians exist to ensure that the Empire lives and that as long as she lives so will the Empire and that a Guardian will also rise up when one falls. Xandra asks what's her aunt is like and Gladiator responds she's like a bird of prey.

The New Mutants arrive of Chandilar and we see Xian and Doug interrogating Sega, the creator of Sonic the Hedgehog, and they threaten to turn him from his gaseous form to a solid unless he spills the beans on who sent the Death Commandos after them. Xian informs the others that they're walking into a trap but Deathbird doesn't give a f*ck so they go anyway.

They show up and Deathbird starts a fight by throwing her spear at Oracle. Xandra tells them to break it up. Gladiator says he only started fighting cuz Deathbird was trying to usurp the throne... again but Deathbird reveals Oracle tried to off them in space.
    Gladiator is about to send Oracle to the gulag but Xandra says that Oracle was only doing it cuz of her duty as an Imperial Guard and has her be a co-adviser along with Deathbird.

Later, there's a party at Sam and Izzy's place where they set up a portal. Sam says he's staying and Berto's like "WTF should I go home empty-handed?" and Sam's like "Then stay in space, thot" and Berto's like "OK".

There's a small scene where Gladiator asks Scott, who's attending the party, how he can pay him and the New Mutants back. Scott asks if he can set up another portal on the island looking planetoid called Chandilore and Gladiator says no worries, bruv.

There was another part where Rahne licks Xavier's daughter.

ffs

Anyway the book ends with Sam telling Berto that Izzy ain't letting him stay with them but Berto says he bought their building and he's raising the rent (Man, no wonder Izzy can't stand this guy). There's some more bro talk then I closed the book.

The End.
    "Cable was right!"

The Samberto in this issue. Those bitches gay, good for them.

This page was everything bc I was going WTF as I read the recap and thouhgt I missed an issue

Im glad Hickman poked fun at the mess that is the Brisson issues

So sad that this book is done. Always filled my day with stupid glee. Where will we be able to get our "big dumb fun" now?

Also, BEST DATA PAGE EVER
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    So sad that this book is done. Always filled my day with stupid glee. Where will we be able to get our "big dumb fun" now?

Also, BEST DATA PAGE EVER
    WHAT? This is the last issue?

BANNED

Someone explains to me why Wolfsbane was licking all these balls.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Someone explains to me why Wolfsbane was licking all these balls.
    Because she's a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    WHAT? This is the last issue?
    For Hickman and Reis I think...

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I was going on the "reading order" data pages that has nothing listed, but I hope I'm wrong!

Yeah, Rahne licking everything seemed off.
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    No. 8 and 10 are Brisson and 9 is Hickman so we're still rotating.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    The Samberto in this issue. Those bitches gay, good for them.
    Yeah this issue they weren't even hiding it anymore.

Thoughts on the request Cyclops did to Gladiator? It cannot be just dialogue, I think it'll come back in the future.

And didn't Mondo forget to give back the egg? Because that would probably explain why the Brood are back in X-Men.

This was fun as always. I for one love the new Puppy Rhane. She was all over the place and a nice change from her normal dour self.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Thoughts on the request Cyclops did to Gladiator? It cannot be just dialogue, I think it'll come back in the future.

And didn't Mondo forget to give back the egg? Because that would probably explain why the Brood are back in X-Men.
    We've seen a preview image of Cyclops chilling on a beach that probably links to the beginning of the Empire issues. That and Mondo's egg seem like details carrying into the next story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Wasnt that just a follow up to Cyclops promising to take Rachel on vacation in XMen #2. I assume leaving all these gates around is going to bite them in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Wasnt that just a follow up to Cyclops promising to take Rachel on vacation in XMen #2. I assume leaving all these gates around is going to bite them in the ass.
    Yeah free access to Krakoa in Shi'ar space is definitely not a good idea, especially considering it looks like they cannot see what's happening behind a gate (big flaw not monitoring the other side).

This NM arc by Hickman was so delightful. It's sometimes hard to reconcile this writer with the one we see in X-Men. Roberto is so much fun, I love that he even was fighting Gladiator head on!

I'm a little sad Hickman didn't hook up Monet and Roberto, but I'll play along with this Deathbird thing. Between Bishop, and now Sunspot, Synch better be careful around Deathbird if he ever makes it out of the Vault!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!