Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
    Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    When did Morrison write Shaw?
    Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Cant find the panel but this issue.
    Tuck's link didn't work for me, so it's New X-Men #142. Shaw threatens Sabretooth with a psychic lobotomy and apologizes to Cyclops for the "telepathic rummage." I had read this issue last week, and remember wondering if Morrison just flubbed Sebas' powers. Reading it again in light of this convo, Shaw does mention that all of his dancers are telepathic, and he also strikes me as the kind of guy who would talk about his employees' feats as if they were his own.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

this is true and Jean never apologized or addressed these racist feelings she had for her friend.
    Wait, what?

BANNED

BANNED

God bless Mastermind for outing the closet racists.

not to go down this rabbit hole again but the Phoenix did have the feelings, memories and emotions of jean. even though the retcon had her in the cocoon healing it was still very much her mind manifested through the Phoenix.
    Except that’s not consistent with any interaction Jean has ever had with Storm

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Wait, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Except that’s not consistent with any interaction Jean has ever had with Storm

true but the Phoenix brought Jean's inner most desires to the forefront. she would not had ever revealed such thoughts to ororo.

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

this is true and Jean never apologized or addressed these racist feelings she had for her friend.
    Yeah and in Phoenix Resurrection: The Return of Jean Grey her mind creates an old fashioned conservative world and the one black person she interacts with at the climax she chastises for not bringing her paper and shirking his responsibilities. Though without the overt nastiness or violence it's reminiscent of the conversation the Black Queen has with her slave "Beauty". This is in the midst of the imaginary world aflame and falling apart but in her confusion she takes the time to have that exchange. I know it sounds like I'm reaching, but I think it's telling that her idealized world is an anachronistic one where everything's great again. In her everyday interactions she's probably fine with minorities but in the far corners of her mind she sees herself as superior and probably doesn't even realize it.

BANNED

Least we forget.

Jean didn't create that world in phoenix resurrection. You're definitely reaching

not jeans most inner desire being storm dressed as a slave...chile
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

sssstttttttteeeeeeeteeeeeuuuuuuuuuppppppppsssssss. ..
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Yeah and in Phoenix Resurrection: The Return of Jean Grey her mind creates an old fashioned conservative world and the one black person she interacts with at the climax she chastises for not bringing her paper and shirking his responsibilities. Though without the overt nastiness or violence it's reminiscent of the conversation the Black Queen has with her slave "Beauty". This is in the midst of the imaginary world aflame and falling apart but in her confusion she takes the time to have that exchange. I know it sounds like I'm reaching, but I think it's telling that her idealized world is an anachronistic one where everything's great again. In her everyday interactions she's probably fine with minorities but in the far corners of her mind she sees herself as superior and probably doesn't even realize it.
    Isn't everyone a bit like that though. Especially as you get older the past seems like a long lost paradise. There's an old song about an old man that goes " and I thought I heard him say , please don't take my world away"

Spectacular Member

Actually there's another similar themed song "They're going to change your way of life , a life you thought was right. All you've held dear since birth ,they'll rearrange. But I don't think you're going to live to see the change".

Moving back to the issue and it's content. This isn't the first time Emma has been distraught over Kates' death.

If we recall Giant Sized Astonishing X-Men where she gets caught in a bullet, the follow up in Secret Invasion Dark Reign & Matt Fractions UXM where Emma was having nightmares after losing her.

And reciprocally Kate was the only person to visit Emma in AvX: Consequences.

This reminded me of Worlds Apart 4 when Emma and Storm thank each other.

Can't wait to see how they punish Shaw.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    very interesting point. I completely forgot about PR.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!