Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Emma have really serious problems with consent
    All mind-controllers have problems with consent: the temptation is too strong…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    All mind-controllers have problems with consent: the temptation is too strong…
    Not really. Mostly of Emma assaulting had nothing to do with temptation because of her powers. First she let Mastermind use her machine to control Jean, the time that she used Storm body to have sex with Shaw, when she lied to Scott about what they were doing

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

Marvel made her evil cuz her man died. Sad ****.
    he wasn't her man, they weren't even together for a while. It's not like Emma never did anyhting evil

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    “To me” needs to chill for a while. Emma hadn’t done anything to earn that catchphrase for the marauders, who joined out of loyalty to Kitty, not Emma, by and large. Felt very forced and ultimately only had one person reply, but I don’t think the ineffectuality of it was an intentional thing so much as something they just don’t give any attention to? So why bother? Very weird.

Nice to see Bobby being awesome but the rest was fairly ehh. Kate does and Emma gets a slap? Wow, what retribution. Okay.
    When writers are big fans we get these cringe moments
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-20-2020 at 08:54 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Not really. Mostly of Emma assaulting had nothing to do with temptation because of her powers. First she let Mastermind use her machine to control Jean, the time that she used Storm body to have sex with Shaw, when she lied to Scott about what they were doing

And I oop

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    So what is Rachel in your scenario? She's missing from you're cute descriptors sniff sniff

But Storm was still written horribly. Just because Coates was doing great things outside the X-line doesn't excuse her poor characterization in the X-line particularly in both Gold and Extraordinary X-Men. Storm has been written poorly and inconsistently since Secret Wars was forced on the MU and she came back neutered and lacking all self confidence.
    I feel like Rachel and Emma could trap Sebastian in a nice psychic hell scenario in his head in which he'll live an awful life as a poor, powerless man. Some things are worse than death in the MU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    So what is Rachel in your scenario? She's missing from you're cute descriptors sniff sniff
    A feral lesbian.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I feel like Rachel and Emma could trap Sebastian in a nice psychic hell scenario in his head in which he'll live an awful life as a poor, powerless man. Some things are worse than death in the MU.
    They can put him next to Astrid.

Frost should ressurect Rebecca and Anne. Then they can dump him onto the Sentinel City

Fantastic Member

Sebastian needs a new telepath personal assistant. He needs more fire power if he wants to continue this fight with Emma and her omega level associates.

To be honest, this book got 5x more interesting after Kitty’s murder. The story and pacing just got more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Frost should ressurect Rebecca and Anne. Then they can dump him onto the Sentinel City
    Were they mutants? it was never clear...
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    Sebastian needs a new telepath personal assistant. He needs more fire power if he wants to continue this fight with Emma and her omega level associates.

To be honest, this book got 5x more interesting after Kitty’s murder. The story and pacing just got more interesting.
    I agree. For the shake of the drama. But like whom? She used to have Emma and Tessa and even Selene... There are very few telepaths at the same height than Emma... Charles, Jean, Paris... Cuckoos, QQ, Elizabeth and Rachel to a lesser extent.. none of them would apprecitate working with Shaw... so, who? that can be interesting to find out
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    I agree. For the shake of the drama. But like whom? She used to have Emma and Tessa and even Selene... There are very few telepaths at the same height than Emma... Charles, Jean, Paris... Cuckoos, QQ, Elizabeth and Rachel to a lesser extent.. none of them would apprecitate working with Shaw... so, who? that can be interesting to find out
    Bring in Madame Lafarge! Make her an anti-Emma. A bit overweight, older, dark hair and in the end she'll take Sebastian's spot.

Were they mutants? it was never clear...
    I assume they are as Shaws whole inner circle initially was meant to be compromised of mutants. Then he allowed mutant haters like Donald Pierce in though

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Bring in Madame Lafarge! Make her an anti-Emma. A bit overweight, older, dark hair and in the end she'll take Sebastian's spot.
    Oh yes La Farge

10har

Frost needs to ressurect Lourdes chantelle and Leland and turn them against Shaw

Shaw can recruit his bff Hope

And Martinque and Regan can pester the council yo gey their dad back

Ultimate Member

It is puzzling that Shaw thinks he can get away with anything, when Emma and Charles have zero compunction about reading minds willy-nilly. He might as well have a giant 'I killed Kitty!' placard hanging around his neck.

Is he immune to telepathy somehow? I remember Morrison didn't seem to know that he wasn't a telepath and had him using telepathy ages ago, but I'm pretty sure he's back to being 'absorbs attacks to get stronger' guy....