Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Emma and Storm are professionals. Besides, their real enemy is whoever killed Kitty.

Storm and Emma rehashed their differences in Chris Claremonts X-Treme X-Men "Schism", in Warren Ellis' Astonishing X-Men and Matt Fractions Uncanny X-Men.

Unless, one expects the same dialogue to be rehashed in every comic till the end of time. IvX and X-Men Black aren't in the same level of grievances as Storms beef in the Claremont era which was already addressed. The most hurt in those recent instances were Storms pride

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatore Frost View Post
    The red diamond made me nervous abour *that* pregnancy rumor being true.
    Wait, you mean Kitty was pregnant? Seriously, can Emma even get pregnant?

Oh God the bodyswap thing is old and tired and read without putting any context in it.

Even if you do not consider Shaw's abuses towards Emma, how are you guys defending him? He was working against Krakoa and Emma and Kitty were making sure he was stopped and his powers limited.

I loved this isse...Iceman's scene was very powerful and cinematic. The Emma/Storm was also very electrifying. Emma is fabulous in this. Favorite book so far.
    A picture would last longer darling...

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The only problem with the art was this one panel where it looked like this guy got shot by his own junk.

fhyus.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Was not amused.

Bobby being too busy hosting a flatscan tv show to watch Kate's back was not absolved by him traumatizing the little cavemen. And of course Duggan can not handle Ororo correctly at all. If Emma hadn't been going out of her way to antagonize Shaw at every step of the way, maybe he wouldn't have acted so vindictively. But, as always, her actions are swept under the carpet and we are supposed to just keep moving. It's infuriating to see Ororo shackled to his book when Hickman and Percy are knocking it out of the park into the stratosphere every issue. That Giant Sized issue can not come soon enough.
    Re-write this without blaming others for Sebastian's actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Aren't there 10 other books with Storm in it that her perpetually outraged fanbase can read?
    not enough.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Oh, so Storm's supposed to let all the history of abuse and betrayal slide, but Emma can still hold on to the(retconned nonsense canon of these lesser modern writers) baggage she has with Shaw? Please. Duggan has obviously positioned Kate and Emma as the central protagonists, and everyone else is just being aligned to serve them. It's disgusting.
    Maybe there are too many protagonists in this franchise… The writers are more inspired by some characters than others…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Storm and Emma rehashed their differences in Chris Claremonts X-Treme X-Men "Schism", in Warren Ellis' Astonishing X-Men and Matt Fractions Uncanny X-Men.

Unless, one expects the same dialogue to be rehashed in every comic till the end of time. IvX and X-Men Black aren't in the same level of grievances as Storms beef in the Ckaremont era which was already addressed. The most hurt in those instances were Storms pride
    Exactly, this is a medium based on continuity yes but it's also got 30 years and plus old characters. If you do not allow them to move past things differently than real world people, then you won't be able to tell any story or you're going to rehash the same stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    While it is always cool to see Bobby flex his powers, it is quite...sinister? Scary? Of course, he's mad. He loved Kitty and he left her to host a drag show. Of course, it's not his fault, but still.

It does show the dangerous, dangerous game Shaw is playing.
    Technically he was a guest judge. Which does wonders for human/mutant relations to appear on such a popular program.

But yes he was scary. I like that we're seeing this Omega side to him since Hickman went through the trouble of making the Omegas a "thing".

Yes CIA spook
    Haha!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The only problem with the art was this one panel where it looked like this guy got shot by his own junk.

fhyus.jpg

Haha I was very confused too! I was like did Kate resurrect and phase something through his junk?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Wait, you mean Kitty was pregnant? Seriously, can Emma even get pregnant?
    That one where emma gets pregnant and Hellion is the father

I love the shade that Storm gives to Emma with the Moon.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Bobby was scary here. I'm no Destiny, but I foresee 20+ pages of discussion on how he mauled that man.
    Bobby believes they murdered Kitty and they just tried to murder him so his anger maiming isn't too out of line. It's not like they don't have tech to regrow or replace limbs in the MCU anyway. The goon will fit right in with all the other cyborg mutant hating terror groups.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Exactly. I will say that I can tolerate a moment, but them becoming friends and letting things go is No for me.
    I'm only dipping my toe in this conversation because I was fine with Ororo and Emma, but that's an interesting way to live life, holding on to grudges forever. They were mourning together and it was a beautiful moment imo.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Unless, one expects the same dialogue to be rehashed in every comic till the end of time. IvX and X-Men Black aren't in the same level of grievances as Storms beef in the Claremont era which was already addressed. The most hurt in those recent instances were Storms pride
    Nice Avatar update
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/