Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Which begs the question, what is Verendi doing with stolen mutant DNA?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    Actually, he could've killed them and received 0 punishment as technically the law doesn't apply to humans attacking mutants. But even in anger and grief that'd be super out of character for Bobby.
    Didn't Bobby massacre Thousands on his death speed induced man period? He's already got blood on his hands. Though no one likes to talk about that pesky little detail.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The Kill no man law is really dumb humans repeatedly try to kill them retaliation via self defense should be allowed sameway it is in human laws. IDK what Jean was thinking or why Magneto, Apocalypse, Mystique ect agreed to it
    Maybe, and i'm just guessing.

They feel like it makes them No Better than the Humans who kill them for no reason. They probably feel they are better than that and don't need to kill them, but rather show them that they are and have always been better.

IDK. But I'm with you though. I would have killed a couple of Humans or 10 in self-defense of course.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Which begs the question, what is Verendi doing with stolen mutant DNA?
    My Guess?

Sell it. The Highest Bidder and start a NEW Super Soldier Program. People would be a FOOL to pass up Mutant DNA and not use it to their own means.

My Guess?

Sell it. The Highest Bidder and start a NEW Super Soldier Program. People would be a FOOL to pass up Mutant DNA and not use it to their own means.
    Ahh imagine they're selling it to Xeno, possibly the makers of "Sevens" ™, Domino's clone.
    Last edited by JB; 02-19-2020 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The Kill no man law is really dumb humans repeatedly try to kill them retaliation via self defense should be allowed sameway it is in human laws. IDK what Jean was thinking or why Magneto, Apocalypse, Mystique ect agreed to it
    That IS how it works. In situations like this, Manuel Enduque attacking Bishop in the previous issue, the Russians with the power dampener suits attacking them and mutant children, they could just kill them and suffer no penalty. Other situations, like the Alia Gregor in X-Men, or X-Force shows that some are above the laws if the purpose ensures mutant survival. This is no different than the self-interest of your average nation-states engaging in political assassinations, economic subterfuge, etc.

That said, I really don't know what Jean was trying to accomplish with that law. It makes her look very idealistic and silly.

BANNED

Ahh imagine they're selling it to Xeno, possibly the makers of "Sevens" ™, Domino's clone.
    UGH DAMN!!! Mutantkind can NEVER CATCH A BREAK I swear......

That IS how it works. In situations like this, Manuel Enduque attacking Bishop in the previous issue, the Russians with the power dampener suits attacking them and mutant children, they could just kill them and suffer no penalty. Other situations, like the Alia Gregor in X-Men, or X-Force shows that some are above the laws if the purpose ensures mutant survival. This is no different than the self-interest of your average nation-states engaging in political assassinations, economic subterfuge, etc.

That said, I really don't know what Jean was trying to accomplish with that law. It makes her look very idealistic and silly.
    Since quite awful people have been welcomed to Krakoa, maybe Jean wanted that everyone has a minimum of shared moral principles to be able to work together…

In the past, it's not like the X-men spend all their time to kill humans to begin with. Even the despicable ones…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

UGH DAMN!!! Mutantkind can NEVER CATCH A BREAK I swear......
    Now I have that new ass-wiggling song "Genetics" in my head by Meghan Trainor feat. Pussycat Dolls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzM0SVfejXY

"My DNA, is graded A"

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Since quite awful people have been welcomed to Krakoa, maybe Jean wanted that everyone has a minimum of shared moral principles to be able to work together…

In the past, it's not like the X-men spend all their time to kill humans to begin with. Even the despicable ones…
    That does sound in character for Jean, but man that is hopelessly idealistic. The law reads more like a vehicle for future telling than good nation building, but I guess that's the point.

You are probably right.

Krakoa's greatest protection is that humans cannot get through the gates but if it is possible to get through the gates by using mutant DNA as in the case of the attack on Xavier and the experiments with Domino then krakoa is no longer as safe.

Those brats probably think about killing two birds with one stone when developing weapons against Krakoa selling them to anyone interested for the best price and ending the mutants and their refuge.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    You are probably right.

Krakoa's greatest protection is that humans cannot get through the gates but if it is possible to get through the gates by using mutant DNA as in the case of the attack on Xavier and the experiments with Domino then krakoa is no longer as safe.

Those brats probably think about killing two birds with one stone when developing weapons against Krakoa selling them to anyone interested for the best price and ending the mutants and their refuge.
    Damn, I just remembered their talk with the Russian lady. They're miniaturizing the power dampening tech. A Xeno engineered individual like "Sevens" walking through gates and setting off dampeners sounds like the type of escalation we'd expect from Xeno.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    You are probably right.

I gotta say, these brats are growing up to be a bigger challenge than I thought they would.

BANNED

Now I have that new ass-wiggling song "Genetics" in my head by Meghan Trainor feat. Pussycat Dolls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzM0SVfejXY

"My DNA, is graded A"
    HAHAHAHAHA I like you Jbenito you make me laugh. Never Change....

That does sound in character for Jean, but man that is hopelessly idealistic. The law reads more like a vehicle for future telling than good nation building, but I guess that's the point.
    Not kill humans is idealistic? really? it is a moral obligation