Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Entertaining scenario but...none of those mutants you mention are Texan.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Entertaining scenario but...none of those mutants you mention are Texan.
    I only was referring to Rogue not the others. If Rogue is not Texan my heart would be crushed
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

She's from Mississippi.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Heart : crushed

Y'all can't imagine how much I love Lockheed, that burp almost made everything okay.

The scene with Emma and Ororo was EPIC!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    The inconsistency of 2010s editorial haunts Emma's character. Death of X, IvX, and Emma in Blue were so poorly received from fans and critics for the misogynist scapegoating of mutants at a time when X-Comics were being sabotaged, while Emma in HoX/DoX is a return to her Headmistress and Utopia years where she's powerful and influential. It's not surprising that the current version we have is inspiring old and new fans. Bad editorial has never reconciled these two competing versions of Emma and I guess if you treat all canon as equal (as comics train you to do) then you will have problems. I have a looser approach and weigh bad writing (a sense amalgamated from fan enthusiasm, sales, and criticism) as less impactful to the overall sense of a character and current dynamics.
    Now hold up. The only X-Women written badly during that era were Kitty, Rachel and Emma. We still had Rogue, Betsy, Laura, Gabby, Illyana, Jeen, Jean and Polaris.

Mystique doesn't count.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Now hold up. The only X-Women written badly during that era were Kitty, Rachel and Emma. We still had Rogue, Betsy, Laura, Gabby, Illyana, Jeen, Jean and Polaris.

Mystique doesn't count.
    To be fair, Rogue was in the Avengers, Illyana was regressed to random blonde chick with magic and Jean came at the end of the IvX stuff that impacted Emma.

The fact that some of these (Betsy, Laura and Polaris mainly) were written well doesn't justify pulling a Maddie on Emma.

Storm was written awfully too.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    To be fair, Rogue was in the Avengers, Illyana was regressed to random blonde chick with magic and Jean came at the end of the IvX stuff that impacted Emma.

The fact that some of these (Betsy, Laura and Polaris mainly) were written well doesn't justify pulling a Maddie on Emma.

Storm was written awfully too.
    Storm wasn't confined to Guggs unlike Rachel. Kitty was written bad across the line just like Carol.
    "Cable was right!"

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    She's from Mississippi.
    Okay thanks because I know damn well she's from one of the southern states. I just always think Texas when I think of Rogue and not Mississippi
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Extraordinary Member

Mystique doesn't count.
    Emma had a plot where she intended to brainwash Tyke so she could have a relationship with oldScott. This would have included raping a teenager boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Luckily for me I’m not getting bored to death with redeeming a character that already got redeemed and am getting something new, different, and generative instead.

And those stories aren’t being exactly ignored. Kitty was really skeptical in issue #1 but has worked with Emma and character development happened. Same with Storm.

Marauders is different from Gold since Kitty’s friends are being led by her because they are worried about her and not because she’s a lady boss this time.
    Redemption stories are needed, you can't simply have characters going on a villains rampage just for them come back into the fold without any conseguence

specially that Xavier and magneto asked her to be the clean face of distribution and Shaw be the black ops of the drugs distribution.
    After all the crimes this wouldn't be possible

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Emma had a plot where she intended to brainwash Tyke so she could have a relationship with oldScott. This would have included raping a teenager boy.
    Emma have really serious problems with consent
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-20-2020 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    That's why she was on the "written badly" list.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    Mama: Shaw, I know it was you who killed Kate and quite frankly darling you could had done a better job

Shaw: So are you here to kill me again bitch

Mama: Oh no Shaw like our past relationship, murdering you isn't something I need to experience again. However you made a grave mistake coming after Kate first instead of me

Doors open around Shaw as Storm, Rogue, Wolverine, Rachel, Iceman, and Magik enters the room

Mama: Sebastian you are a clever man right? Figure out how you're going to survive two Omega mutants, an angry mutant with inferno magic, a Texan, and Wolverine
    So what is Rachel in your scenario? She's missing from you're cute descriptors sniff sniff

Storm wasn't confined to Guggs unlike Rachel. Kitty was written bad across the line just like Carol.
    But Storm was still written horribly. Just because Coates was doing great things outside the X-line doesn't excuse her poor characterization in the X-line particularly in both Gold and Extraordinary X-Men. Storm has been written poorly and inconsistently since Secret Wars was forced on the MU and she came back neutered and lacking all self confidence.

That's why she was on the "written badly" list.
    Sure, because Emma does something bad she is on "written badly". Even with her story with sexual assault

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post

But Storm was still written horribly. Just because Coates was doing great things outside the X-line doesn't excuse her poor characterization in the X-line particularly in both Gold and Extraordinary X-Men. Storm has been written poorly and inconsistently since Secret Wars was forced on the MU and she came back neutered and lacking all self confidence.
    Yeah. I wouldn't deny she was written horribly after Secret Wars in the X-books but since she had good stories outside of them, I wasn't sure where to put her on my personal listings since I count those appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Sure, because Emma does something bad she is on "written badly". Even with her story with sexual assault
    Marvel made her evil cuz her man died. Sad ****.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 02-20-2020 at 08:15 AM.
    "Cable was right!"