Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    X-Men Black- Emma Frost, Rosenberg's Uncanny, the X-Men working with Frost again wasn't a development of Hickman it came beforehand. If the story ruining a character can be crap than the resolution can be too. Further outside of baseless character hate I can't for the life of me understand why anyone in their right mind would want to revisit some of the crap stories the MU has produced over the years. Does anyone really want to deal with yet more Avengers #200, schism, sins past, Civil War, AvX, IvX, Last Will of Xavier or any other crap story that shits all over characters?
    X-men black they parted ways due her betrayal. Rosenberg they weren't working together.

The problem is that there wasn't a resolution at all. Everyone is fine and Emma was being a diplomat like nothing ever happened

maybe people like those stories?

So does Shaw plan to have the twins infiltrate Emma's faction? I mean his wording leaves me to believe that.

Still, I wonder if he has a backup plan because he has to know there is a chance they can bring her back right or there is the chance he will get caught so given the lengths he went to get rid of her he would have to recognize the chance of failure and get sent to Krakoa's sphincter. It would just seems odd for him to not be ready in case of failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    So does Shaw plan to have the twins infiltrate Emma's faction? I mean his wording leaves me to believe that.

Still, I wonder if he has a backup plan because he has to know there is a chance they can bring her back right or there is the chance he will get caught so given the lengths he went to get rid of her he would have to recognize the chance of failure and get sent to Krakoa's sphincter. It would just seems odd for him to not be ready in case of failure.
    I took that to mean that once Shaw has dealt with Emma the twins will take her/christian's places.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Frankly, its bad writing that they ARE ignoring all of that now. At least give us some kind of explanation why everyone is super chummy with her now. It might have been wildly out of character for her, but she was so heinous for so long that its difficult to just sweep it under the rug. Sicing the Sentinels on people is the kind of thing that's usually treated as unforgivable.
    I don't necessarily consider minimizing bad stories and unsuccessful approaches to characters by other writers as bad writing. I think good writing means knowing what is a good story and when and how to tell it. I don't want to read about Emma redeeming herself after her character was assassinated in IvX; Emma's redemption story has already been told so it's not new or interesting. HoX just skipped another boring retread and I'm glad it did because retreads were killing the IP. We're getting the Emma we should have because of good writing.

And I'm not an Emma apologist either. I think someone like Storm would have legitimate grievances, but things are more complicated than so-and-so doesn't like so-and-so.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    It's bad writing that they are not acknowledging bad writing? All of her "horrific" crimes written by "bad" writers have never been mentioned again. Happens with lots of characters.

Hickman has not acknowledged unpopular and badly written stories. He's acknowledged good things about obscure runs, but writers tend to ignore controversial and badly written storylines.

Jean Cyclops and Wolverine have been in an "Are they or are they not?" storyline that still hasn't been tackled yet Emma's worst moments written by questionably misogynistic male writers not being acknowledged is a problem?

Are we gonna complain that Guggenheim's useless version of Storm is not being used lately as well?
    People have complained that Storm is still poorly used. Go to the Storm threads whenever an issue comes out. Duggan may be a better writer but Storm's position within the Maraurders and Kitty as leader follows Gugg's continuity from Gold when they had a similar dynamic

And Im in the camp that does think its poor writing to ignore what came before, especially if it was very recent. Thats what redemption arcs are for when a character's past is actually acknowledged and they effectively move past that. Thats better writing than flat out ignoring and resetting their status quo as if the awful sh-t they did never happened
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-19-2020 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    x-treme x-men happened decades ago. Warren Ellis did a bad job of storm and Emma being chummy.

A lot of things happened lately Secret empire, trying to rape teen Scott, Mass killings of inhumans, using the x-men to take over Hellfire club without telling them it was the objective.
    No reason for storm or anyone else be friends with her

Bad writing card can be used to anyone to justify a character doing bad things. It's not like Emma never had a story of doing bad things, she did pretty horrific things on the past.
    Wow I am not surprised Spirit is here crying again over Emma and what they glossed over but loves to gloss over Jean because that's not what his version of Jean would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    And Im in the camp that does think its poor writing to ignore what came before, especially if it was very recent. Thats what redemption arcs are for when a character's past is actually acknowledged and they effectively move past that. Thats better writing than flat out ignoring and resetting their status quo as if the awful sh-t they did never happened
    Luckily for me I’m not getting bored to death with redeeming a character that already got redeemed and am getting something new, different, and generative instead.

And those stories aren’t being exactly ignored. Kitty was really skeptical in issue #1 but has worked with Emma and character development happened. Same with Storm.

Marauders is different from Gold since Kitty’s friends are being led by her because they are worried about her and not because she’s a lady boss this time.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    We are not getting Saint Emma. What she did in HOX proves she's still willing to push the envelope.

I wouldn't be surprised if Christian was tricking Shaw but if it does turn out he really did purposefully screw Kate over, then Emma better make him pay (which would also highlight their sisterly bond).

I'm not a Kate fan but even I think that's too light of a sentence. They need to financially destroy him and gaslight the hell out of him. Mae him go crazy slowly. Kind how Jean dealt with Mastermind in the original Phoenix story.
    If they cannot get rid of him permanently because editorial mandate (to be honest, i would not miss him) i would not kill him, i see three options.

A) To the Pit.

B) Exile...in russia.

C) Keep him alive while feeding Selene or Emplate.

BANNED

Me celebrating Emma Frost, an feminist icon AND a saint as well as every writer's favorite character.

Fantastic Member

“To me” needs to chill for a while. Emma hadn’t done anything to earn that catchphrase for the marauders, who joined out of loyalty to Kitty, not Emma, by and large. Felt very forced and ultimately only had one person reply, but I don’t think the ineffectuality of it was an intentional thing so much as something they just don’t give any attention to? So why bother? Very weird.

Nice to see Bobby being awesome but the rest was fairly ehh. Kate does and Emma gets a slap? Wow, what retribution. Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    “To me” needs to chill for a while. Emma hadn’t done anything to earn that catchphrase for the marauders, who joined out of loyalty to Kitty, not Emma, by and large. Felt very forced and ultimately only had one person reply, but I don’t think the ineffectuality of it was an intentional thing so much as something they just don’t give any attention to? So why bother? Very weird.

Nice to see Bobby being awesome but the rest was fairly ehh. Kate does and Emma gets a slap? Wow, what retribution. Okay.
    Yes they mostly joined for Kate, but knowing that Emma was running the HF trading company. As for only Bobby answering he mentions Storm and Pyro are in Brazil. So they got the call just couldn't make it in time.

What retribution does Emma need to have on Kate's death? She left two different omegas shadowing her. How is she responsible for her sending them away and getting ambushed?

BANNED

I wish other writers would have the mutants use their powers more demonstratively. Guggan is so good at showing what makes mutants formidable.

Someone on Reddit proposed that the Mercury might be... Mercury, the New X-Men using her powers in a Black-Tom Cassidy kind of way. It would be pretty neat. Boats and submarines are a tad too not-organic looking in this new Era of organic tech and that would make up for it.

But it's likely not to happen, just a cool idea from a poster.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    X-Men Black- Emma Frost, Rosenberg's Uncanny, the X-Men working with Frost again wasn't a development of Hickman it came beforehand. If the story ruining a character can be crap than the resolution can be too. Further outside of baseless character hate I can't for the life of me understand why anyone in their right mind would want to revisit some of the crap stories the MU has produced over the years. Does anyone really want to deal with yet more Avengers #200, schism, sins past, Civil War, AvX, IvX, Last Will of Xavier or any other crap story that shits all over characters?
    Some do apparently...which explains so much.
    Just thank the Goddess they're in the minority easily and best ignored...just like those crap stories you mentioned.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-20-2020 at 05:06 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I think Emma is going to find out and will give Shaw a piece of her mind.

But she tells Shaw that there is someone who has been dying to chat with you and you hear is "KRA-KA BOOM"!!! Storm appears.

And she says Emma leave us and the door closes. Ooooh gave myself shivers
    Mama: Shaw, I know it was you who killed Kate and quite frankly darling you could had done a better job

Shaw: So are you here to kill me again bitch

Mama: Oh no Shaw like our past relationship, murdering you isn't something I need to experience again. However you made a grave mistake coming after Kate first instead of me

Doors open around Shaw as Storm, Rogue, Wolverine, Rachel, Iceman, and Magik enters the room

Mama: Sebastian you are a clever man right? Figure out how you're going to survive two Omega mutants, an angry mutant with inferno magic, a Texan, and Wolverine
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account