Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

We are not getting Saint Emma. What she did in HOX proves she's still willing to push the envelope.

I wouldn't be surprised if Christian was tricking Shaw but if it does turn out he really did purposefully screw Kate over, then Emma better make him pay (which would also highlight their sisterly bond).

I think Emma is going to find out and will give Shaw a piece of her mind.

But she tells Shaw that there is someone who has been dying to chat with you and you hear is "KRA-KA BOOM"!!! Storm appears.
    I'm not a Kate fan but even I think that's too light of a sentence. They need to financially destroy him and gaslight the hell out of him. Mae him go crazy slowly. Kind how Jean dealt with Mastermind in the original Phoenix story.

Haven't seen Bobby this serious since he put the beatdown on Thor.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    We are not getting Saint Emma. What she did in HOX proves she's still willing to push the envelope.

I wouldn't be surprised if Christian was tricking Shaw but if it does turn out he really did purposefully screw Kate over, then Emma better make him pay (which would also highlight their sisterly bond).

I'm not a Kate fan but even I think that's too light of a sentence. They need to financially destroy him and gaslight the hell out of him. Mae him go crazy slowly. Kind how Jean dealt with Mastermind in the original Phoenix story.
    That's to light of a sentence for him.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

They need to obliterate his body....have Jamie reconfigure every atom of his body into air and water and scatter them to the winds and the ocean, respectively. Then eradicate every single genetic code. And erase any and all psychic backups from the Cerebro data bases.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-19-2020 at 06:00 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    They need to obliterate his body....have Jamie reconfigure every atom of his body into air and water and scatter them to the winds and the ocean. Then eradicate every single genetic code respectively. And erase any and all psychic backups from the Cerebro data bases.
    Still not enough...

one thing I would like to say regarding the storm x emma moment is that miss frost's tiddies were sitting, she looked so good
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    one thing I would like to say regarding the storm x emma moment is that miss frost's tiddies were sitting, she looked so good
    The best body surgery could buy,

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    So Bobby can teleport now? Blink and Kurt are Somewhere shook!! Side note I can't help but think remember Christian's potential role in all this poor dude is literally fucked.
    The page before, Bishop radios Emma asking for an Evac.
    I don't think it was Bobby porting them out, just some poorly defined "evac" courtesy of Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    The inconsistency of 2010s editorial haunts Emma's character. Death of X, IvX, and Emma in Blue were so poorly received from fans and critics for the misogynist scapegoating of mutants at a time when X-Comics were being sabotaged, while Emma in HoX/DoX is a return to her Headmistress and Utopia years where she's powerful and influential. It's not surprising that the current version we have is inspiring old and new fans. Bad editorial has never reconciled these two competing versions of Emma and I guess if you treat all canon as equal (as comics train you to do) then you will have problems. I have a looser approach and weigh bad writing (a sense amalgamated from fan enthusiasm, sales, and criticism) as less impactful to the overall sense of a character and current dynamics.

I'm not saying that Emma is innocent of all charges and I don't think the book says that too. That slap was well-earned, imo. But no one other than Shaw and Homines Verendi were responsible for Kitty's death so any more anger from Storm would have been overkill. Was the hug too much? I don't know because Emma did just do a nice thing for Storm and she was affected by it. The bigger question on my mind, however, is: are we getting Saint Emma now?
    Frankly, its bad writing that they ARE ignoring all of that now. At least give us some kind of explanation why everyone is super chummy with her now. It might have been wildly out of character for her, but she was so heinous for so long that its difficult to just sweep it under the rug. Sicing the Sentinels on people is the kind of thing that's usually treated as unforgivable.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Frankly, its bad writing that they ARE ignoring all of that now. At least give us some kind of explanation why everyone is super chummy with her now. It might have been wildly out of character for her, but she was so heinous for so long that its difficult to just sweep it under the rug. Sicing the Sentinels on people is the kind of thing that's usually treated as unforgivable.
    It's bad writing that they are not acknowledging bad writing? All of her "horrific" crimes written by "bad" writers have never been mentioned again. Happens with lots of characters.

Hickman has not acknowledged unpopular and badly written stories. He's acknowledged good things about obscure runs, but writers tend to ignore controversial and badly written storylines.

Jean Cyclops and Wolverine have been in an "Are they or are they not?" storyline that still hasn't been tackled yet Emma's worst moments written by questionably misogynistic male writers not being acknowledged is a problem?

Are we gonna complain that Guggenheim's useless version of Storm is not being used lately as well?

They are just ignoring stuff at this point, it is DOX modus operandi to ignore everything, specially for the writers favorite
    Now Emma is a feminist. what a big joke

It is funny that Emma being a extremist is being misoginy, but when Jean was killed and Emma took her place there wasn't a soul to call it misoginy

Fantastic Member

They already had their confrontation and make-up during x-treme x-men and were very chummy in Ghost Boxes ... if anything, that made far more sense than being chummy with [A].

On some meta level -- I don't know what the x-books were thinking during IvX -- Emma's most recent story is a great treatise on how grief can royally eff anyone up.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    All the horrible things Emma is hated for is bad writing. The rape, Inhumans, Tyke were all badly received storylines and the writers who wrote those stories were the real culprits for not knowing how to write female characters. Why hate a fictional female character over something a bad male writer wrote? It's pretty misogynistic to do this o Emma.

This would be like HATING Storm with a PASSION because she's been badly written. This would be like hating Storm because of how Guggenheim wrote her (as completely useless) but smarter people know that Storm is NOTHING like Guggenheim's version and therefore it does NOT count.
    So female characters cannot be written as villainous or evil, and if they can can it only be by female writers? Can't some women be as bad as some men in fiction just as in real life without the misogyny card being played? Besides Emma is far from the only character to be written as doing terrible things. Are all the bad things that Xavier, Magneto, Beast and others have done the result of bad writing, or is it that these characters are multifaceted and like people are capable of doing a wide range of things, both good and bad? Emma should not be exempt from being portrayed in a negative light of the story calls for it; no character should, male or female. And if a female character is written as a villain who commits awful, heinous and yes villainous acts does not mean its sexist or misogynistic. Anymore than a minority being portrayed as a villain is a sign of racism. Men and women of all races do good and bad things, nothing wrong with showing that in fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    They already had their confrontation and make-up during x-treme x-men and were very chummy in Ghost Boxes ... if anything, that made far more sense than being chummy with [A].

On some meta level -- I don't know what the x-books were thinking during IvX -- Emma's most recent story is a great treatise on how grief can royally eff anyone up.
    x-treme x-men happened decades ago. Warren Ellis did a bad job of storm and Emma being chummy.

A lot of things happened lately Secret empire, trying to rape teen Scott, Mass killings of inhumans, using the x-men to take over Hellfire club without telling them it was the objective.
    No reason for storm or anyone else be friends with her

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    So female characters cannot be written as villainous or evil, and if they can can it only be by female writers? Can't some women be as bad as some men in fiction just as in real life without the misogyny card being played? Besides Emma is far from the only character to be written as doing terrible things. Are all the bad things that Xavier, Magneto, Beast and others have done the result of bad writing, or is it that these characters are multifaceted and like people are capable of doing a wide range of things, both good and bad? Emma should not be exempt from being portrayed in a negative light of the story calls for it; no character should, male or female. And if a female character is written as a villain who commits awful, heinous and yes villainous acts does not mean its sexist or misogynistic. Anymore than a minority being portrayed as a villain is a sign of racism. Men and women of all races do good and bad things, nothing wrong with showing that in fiction.
    Bad writing card can be used to anyone to justify a character doing bad things. It's not like Emma never had a story of doing bad things, she did pretty horrific things on the past.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-19-2020 at 07:54 PM.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    x-treme x-men happened decades ago. Warren Ellis did a bad job of storm and Emma being chummy.

A lot of things happened lately Secret empire, trying to rape teen Scott, Mass killings of inhumans, using the x-men to take over Hellfire club without telling them it was the objective.
    No reason for storm or anyone else be friends with her
    X-Men Black- Emma Frost, Rosenberg's Uncanny, the X-Men working with Frost again wasn't a development of Hickman it came beforehand. If the story ruining a character can be crap than the resolution can be too. Further outside of baseless character hate I can't for the life of me understand why anyone in their right mind would want to revisit some of the crap stories the MU has produced over the years. Does anyone really want to deal with yet more Avengers #200, schism, sins past, Civil War, AvX, IvX, Last Will of Xavier or any other crap story that shits all over characters?