Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    So maybe the island is eating her power?

Actually, doesn't that sort of make sense given how Reed explains powers might work? Krakoa is feeding on godpower or whatever it is.
    The data page in X-Men #3 tells us Krakoa feeds on psychic energy of mutants, so it doesn't seem like it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The data page in X-Men #3 tells us Krakoa feeds on psychic energy of mutants, so it doesn't seem like it.
    Unless you consider the possibility that all mutants are reality warpers.

All-New Member

My question is, "How is it that the X-Men don t realize the truth behind Kate's death? Are they trying to say that Omega level telepaths Xavier and Jean Greg can't see into Shaw's mind?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by logansrunt View Post
    My question is, "How is it that the X-Men don t realize the truth behind Kate's death? Are they trying to say that Omega level telepaths Xavier and Jean Greg can't see into Shaw's mind?
    I do not understand this at all. He's practically gloating, broadcasting his culpability for all to see. And neither Xavier nor Emma nor various other telepaths hanging around (like Exodus) give zero ***** for anybody's right to mental privacy. (Jean, I can excuse, she has a smidge of telepathic ethics.)

Shaw historically has been odd about the whole telepathy thing. He's been portrayed as abusing / harassing Emma in the past, when, given their powers, she should have been ruthlessly mind-stomping him from day one.

"If you punch me, I get stronger!" "Lick my boots, darling. That wasn't a request."

He has had access to telepathic shielding tech in the past, but that tech *was built by Emma*, so, really, there's no excuse for him using it against her (since she should have designed it better than that!).

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I do not understand this at all. He's practically gloating, broadcasting his culpability for all to see. And neither Xavier nor Emma nor various other telepaths hanging around (like Exodus) give zero ***** for anybody's right to mental privacy. (Jean, I can excuse, she has a smidge of telepathic ethics.)

Shaw historically has been odd about the whole telepathy thing. He's been portrayed as abusing / harassing Emma in the past, when, given their powers, she should have been ruthlessly mind-stomping him from day one.

"If you punch me, I get stronger!" "Lick my boots, darling. That wasn't a request."

He has had access to telepathic shielding tech in the past, but that tech *was built by Emma*, so, really, there's no excuse for him using it against her (since she should have designed it better than that!).
    Unless he's using the tech that he's shown to be connected with. He's involved with those suits somehow.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!