Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Just as a point of reference, these are the top 5 DC movies of all time, adjusted for inflation.

1) The Dark Knight
    2) Batman
    3) The Dark Knight Rises
    4) Superman
    5) Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    the fact that you think how they film movies isn't relevant to how this film was made is one of the most dumbfounding things i've ever seen a comic book fan say, and comic book fans claim some pretty appalling things. I've followed this story since before the theatrical release, what people are saying is a "snyder cut" isn't a different movie, at best it's more or less the same movie with additional unfinished scenes and maybe some concept scraps they were considering doing before he had to leave the project. literally every film goes through multiple cuts, so yes i'm sure there are going to be multiple cuts of this film as well but it's not going to be a completely different film from what we got in the way Snyder or some of y'all are making it out to be, i guarantee that. the timeline doesn't line up given the series of events and it wouldn't even be economically feasible for them to create the film that way and then overhual the film completely in such radical fashion. Snyder and fans have blown up this idea that the snyder cut is some magnum opus that'll fix all the issues the film had. This is still the same guy people were bitching and moaning "Fire Zack Snyder! OMG he's ruining DC! blah blah" but now that the film wasn't what people wanted, they wanna switch sides just to cling on to anything to feel better about it. people were being over the top then, and they are being over the top now. the snyder cut, as fans believe it to be, is a pipedream because (and i really can not stress this enough) that's simply not how film productions work. Justice League was messy but it's fine, it's a decent C- movie, people need to accept what it is/was and move on and stop screeching about a movie that doesn't exist and (playing into the delusion here) even if it could've existed will never see the light of day.

smh "thanks for the lesson in film studies though, not really relevant" y'all kill me with that silliness
    i'm not reading all of that lmao, i'm happy for you though. or sorry that happened. at the end of the day an entire film was shot and there are multiple cuts of it in existence.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B1U1rmi...ource=ig_embed
    https://screenrant.com/justice-leagu...er-cut-exists/
    https://www.snydercut.com/faq-articl...yder-cut-exist
    https://www.cinemablend.com/news/248...-league-exists
    https://ew.com/movies/2019/08/04/kev...hat-you-think/

good day to you

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Aquaman
    Batman '89
    Batman: The Movie '66
    The Dark Knight Rises
    Shazam
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 02-23-2020 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    i'm not reading all of that lmao, i'm happy for you though. or sorry that happened. at the end of the day an entire film was shot and there are multiple cuts of it in existence.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B1U1rmi...ource=ig_embed
    https://screenrant.com/justice-leagu...er-cut-exists/
    https://www.snydercut.com/faq-articl...yder-cut-exist
    https://www.cinemablend.com/news/248...-league-exists
    https://ew.com/movies/2019/08/04/kev...hat-you-think/

good day to you
    smh multiple cuts of an unfinished movie is not the same as a completely different movie from what we got. none of these links amount to evidence that a completely different movie exists, at best it proves that multiple cuts of the movie exist, which as I said before, (lemme bold and cap locks for emphasis real quick) IS STANDARD FOR EVERY MOVIE IN HOLLYWOOD. if you wanna know what a "Snyder Cut" would look like, go see if you can find the leaked copy of X-Men Origins wolverine that popped up on the internet before it was released with all the unfinished CG, wirework, and the like; better

but hey, you can live in your fantasy land if you want crying to the heavens for a movie that doesn't exist, eventually Snyder will stop jerking his fans, who don't know the difference between a full production and a singular cut, around and using this as a PR stunt to play J.K Rowling, so people will finally shut up about this non-movie. like all conspiracies it relies too heavily on everything being absolutely intentional and so often in life that's just not how things happen.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Man of Steel. It's a great sci-fi film even if it's a questionable superhero movie, it's got some of the best fight scenes in a DC film, and I enjoy and appreciate this take on Clark, who isn't the paternalistic, perfect saint a lot of people seem to want him to be. Not judging, just sayin'.

Dark Knight. Ledger's Joker. It's legendary. Probably my favorite DC film of all time. I think Bale does fine as Bruce even if he doesn't blow me away. Great plot, great cinematography, and the soundtrack still makes me break out in Joker-induced anxiety, all these years later, which is awesome.

Wonder Woman. It falls apart on me in the third act, and Jenkins doesn't handle the action sequences with quite the same level of finesse that Snyder does (say what you will, Snyder knows his action sequences). But no man's land is f*cking "stand up and cheer" fantastic, Gadot impressed me in the role.....Jenkins just nailed it. Right up until the end, where Diana forgets a moral lesson she just learned so we could get a generic fight that, despite a cool shot or two, was really below the caliber of the rest of the film.

Aquaman. Everything on my list is a fairly serious, dramatic film....and then there's Aquamoa. I gotta be honest, the first time I watched this I wasn't impressed. I keep hoping for stuff from DC that tries to be a little....deeper, maybe?....and Aquaman isn't that. But I went back with "MCU" style expectations and it's a damn fun adventure romp, the effects are usually impressive, the Trench scene was legit, and you can tell that everyone is having fun. It's a damn shallow movie, ironically, but it's a damn good time.

Batman Begins. It pales in comparison to Dark Knight, but it's still a quality film that holds up pretty decently today. Not my favorite take on Bruce but it's good, and you can never go wrong with Cain or Liam.
    I’d probably second your list everything you said and worded matches up too

1. Batman (1989)
    2. Batman: The Movie (1966)
    3. Superman (1978)
    4. Superman II (1980)
    5. Swamp Thing (1982)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    smh multiple cuts of an unfinished movie is not the same as a completely different movie from what we got. none of these links amount to evidence that a completely different movie exists, at best it proves that multiple cuts of the movie exist, which as I said before, (lemme bold and cap locks for emphasis real quick) IS STANDARD FOR EVERY MOVIE IN HOLLYWOOD. if you wanna know what a "Snyder Cut" would look like, go see if you can find the leaked copy of X-Men Origins wolverine that popped up on the internet before it was released with all the unfinished CG, wirework, and the like; better

but hey, you can live in your fantasy land if you want crying to the heavens for a movie that doesn't exist, eventually Snyder will stop jerking his fans, who don't know the difference between a full production and a singular cut, around and using this as a PR stunt to play J.K Rowling, so people will finally shut up about this non-movie. like all conspiracies it relies too heavily on everything being absolutely intentional and so often in life that's just not how things happen.
    Idk what you're saying to me right now

there are multiple cuts dude either you like that fact or you dislike it

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

The Dark Knight
    V for Vendetta
    Joker
    Shazam!
    Wonder Woman

1.Man of Steel (Donner's stuff is outdated.)

2.Dark Knight

3.Wonder Woman

4.Shazam '

5,Batman'89
    "If you look up at me you will see a friend. If you look down at me you will see an enemy. But if you look me square in the eye you will see a God."-Bray Wyatt

Blue Beetle (Kord)
    Under The Red Hood
    Martian Manhunter
    The Flash
    Doctor Fate
    Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy!

1. Adventures of Captain Marvel (1941)
    2. Batman (1966)
    3. Superman (1978)
    4. Batman (1989)
    5. Wonder Woman (2017)

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Astonishing Member

Superman 2
    Batman
    Batman Returns
    Wonder Woman
    Supergirl (I know it's not great, but I loved Helen Slater in a very-poorly written film -- and I loved Bronze Age Supergirl).

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=mike627;4848680]1.Man of Steel (Donner's stuff is outdated.)

Being contemporary hasn't helped most of DC's output.

Shazam
    Wonder Woman
    Batman 89
    Batman Begins
    Man of Steel
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Batman: The Movie
    Superman
    Batman Begins
    Wonder Woman
    Shazam