Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Choose 5 DC movies to exist

If only 5 live action DC movies could exist right now, Which ones do you keep?

For me:

1. Superman The Movie/S2 (it feels like one long movie)
    2. Man of Steel
    3. Aquaman
    4. Wonder Woman
    5. Shazam

Batman 89
    Batman Returns
    Superman The Movie 78
    The Dark Knight because of Heath's joker. Hated bale in these films

These would battle out for 5th place
    Shazam probably most deserving of 5th place
    Wonder Woman minus the last 30min
    BvS cut down to 1:45. Just the good bits no doomsday
    Constantine
    Sucide squad, expand on the opening 30 minutes, lose the witch and make letos joker the main villain

My Justice League

Superman II
    The Dark Knight
    Wonder Woman
    Shazam
    Green Lantern

Superman '78
    Superman II
    Batman '66
    Batman '89
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 02-19-2020 at 05:43 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Superman 4
    Steel
    Batman and Robin
    Catwoman
    Green Lantern

Or to be serious

Superman
    Superman 2
    Batman '89
    Batman Begins
    The Dark Knight
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

1- Batman v Superman
    2- The Dark Knight
    3- Man of Steel
    4- Watchmen
    5- Zack Snyder's Justice League*

*Not that...thing released in 2017. I'm talking about the real movie that is gathering dust somewhere at Warner Bros lot. The same movie that a lot of people here pretend it doesn't exist.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    1- Batman v Superman
    2- The Dark Knight
    3- Man of Steel
    4- Watchmen
    5- Zack Snyder's Justice League*

*Not that...thing released in 2017. I'm talking about the real movie that is gathering dust somewhere at Warner Bros lot. The same movie that a lot of people here pretend it doesn't exist.
    ....because it doesn't. they don't have a completely different movie "hidden away" somewhere. that's not how film production works.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

1. Birds of Prey
    2. The Dark Knight
    3. Wonder Woman
    4. Batman Returns (for the villains alone)
    5. Superman the Movie

Honorable Mention: Shazam!

BANNED

Man of Steel
    BvS
    Constantine
    Batman Begins
    Watchmen

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    ....because it doesn't. they don't have a completely different movie "hidden away" somewhere. that's not how film production works.
    How are people still saying this? Lmao

there are several cuts from the entire film that Snyder shot. It's not a conspiracy and its existence was never a real debate-- they've always existed and there is one specific cut that Snyder prefers, which is what people refer to as the Snyder Cut. thanks for the lesson in film studies though, not really relevant, you should do more resesarch

Batman: The Dark Knight
    Watchmen
    Superman II
    Justice League
    Green Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    How are people still saying this? Lmao

there are several cuts from the entire film that Snyder shot. It's not a conspiracy and its existence was never a real debate-- they've always existed and there is one specific cut that Snyder prefers, which is what people refer to as the Snyder Cut. thanks for the lesson in film studies though, not really relevant, you should do more resesarch
    the fact that you think how they film movies isn't relevant to how this film was made is one of the most dumbfounding things i've ever seen a comic book fan say, and comic book fans claim some pretty appalling things. I've followed this story since before the theatrical release, what people are saying is a "snyder cut" isn't a different movie, at best it's more or less the same movie with additional unfinished scenes and maybe some concept scraps they were considering doing before he had to leave the project. literally every film goes through multiple cuts, so yes i'm sure there are going to be multiple cuts of this film as well but it's not going to be a completely different film from what we got in the way Snyder or some of y'all are making it out to be, i guarantee that. the timeline doesn't line up given the series of events and it wouldn't even be economically feasible for them to create the film that way and then overhual the film completely in such radical fashion. Snyder and fans have blown up this idea that the snyder cut is some magnum opus that'll fix all the issues the film had. This is still the same guy people were bitching and moaning "Fire Zack Snyder! OMG he's ruining DC! blah blah" but now that the film wasn't what people wanted, they wanna switch sides just to cling on to anything to feel better about it. people were being over the top then, and they are being over the top now. the snyder cut, as fans believe it to be, is a pipedream because (and i really can not stress this enough) that's simply not how film productions work. Justice League was messy but it's fine, it's a decent C- movie, people need to accept what it is/was and move on and stop screeching about a movie that doesn't exist and (playing into the delusion here) even if it could've existed will never see the light of day.

smh "thanks for the lesson in film studies though, not really relevant" y'all kill me with that silliness
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-20-2020 at 05:18 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Man of Steel. It's a great sci-fi film even if it's a questionable superhero movie, it's got some of the best fight scenes in a DC film, and I enjoy and appreciate this take on Clark, who isn't the paternalistic, perfect saint a lot of people seem to want him to be. Not judging, just sayin'.

Dark Knight. Ledger's Joker. It's legendary. Probably my favorite DC film of all time. I think Bale does fine as Bruce even if he doesn't blow me away. Great plot, great cinematography, and the soundtrack still makes me break out in Joker-induced anxiety, all these years later, which is awesome.

Wonder Woman. It falls apart on me in the third act, and Jenkins doesn't handle the action sequences with quite the same level of finesse that Snyder does (say what you will, Snyder knows his action sequences). But no man's land is f*cking "stand up and cheer" fantastic, Gadot impressed me in the role.....Jenkins just nailed it. Right up until the end, where Diana forgets a moral lesson she just learned so we could get a generic fight that, despite a cool shot or two, was really below the caliber of the rest of the film.

Aquaman. Everything on my list is a fairly serious, dramatic film....and then there's Aquamoa. I gotta be honest, the first time I watched this I wasn't impressed. I keep hoping for stuff from DC that tries to be a little....deeper, maybe?....and Aquaman isn't that. But I went back with "MCU" style expectations and it's a damn fun adventure romp, the effects are usually impressive, the Trench scene was legit, and you can tell that everyone is having fun. It's a damn shallow movie, ironically, but it's a damn good time.

Batman Begins. It pales in comparison to Dark Knight, but it's still a quality film that holds up pretty decently today. Not my favorite take on Bruce but it's good, and you can never go wrong with Cain or Liam.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

1. The Dark Knight.
    2. Batman Begins.
    3. Batman 1989.
    4. Superman: The Movie.
    5. Batman 1966.

1. Superman 78 - the only Superman movie that doesn't suck
    2. Batman Returns because Catwoman
    3. The Dark Knight - the best DC movie
    4. Wonder Woman - the best DCEU movie
    5. Batman and Robin cause there has to be bad movies to appreciate the good ones.