Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
On Dallas, I gave up partly through the Dream Season. Peter Dunne was the showrunner that season, and while he is responsible for making Knots Landing a good show beginning in Season 4, his Dallas was boring.

Bobby's coming back the next season did bring me back for good, and I stuck with Dallas until the bitter end.

I've since seen the entire Dream Season on DVD, and I was right to abandon the show back then.

With ER, I left when Clooney left or thereabouts. Not because of Clooney, just got tired of the show.

Mostly, I do stick with my regular must-see shows until the very end.
Dallas was my favorite show for years, but like you, I was bored out of my mind during the Dream Season. It got SO MUCH BETTER the year after when Pam woke up and it started looking like Dallas again.

But it only lasted one season for me. After Pam and Donna left, I lost interest. I still liked JR, Sue Ellen, Bobby, Miss Ellie, and Ray but the writing wasn't as good anymore. Although Pricilla Presley was beautiful, she couldn't act her way out of a paper bag - and I hated them pairing up Jenna and Ray. Plus, I never cared for Lucy, so her return was unnecessary IMO.

But boy did I love that post-dream season with Wes Parmalee pretending to be Jock, BD Calhoun terrorizing the Ewings, and all the drama with the government shutting down Ewing Oil.