Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Do you enjoy Hallmark Channel movies?

Does anyone here like and enjoy the Hallmark Channel movies, including the Christmas ones?

I do. Sure, I don't consider them great movies, but I find some of them pretty entertaining and heartfelt. It's comfort food and some are a guilty pleasures. They make me feel good, and we need a lot of that in these hard times.

Sure, a lot of these movies have the same story, but sometimes the actors make it good with their chemistry. I also really like the pretty and even beautiful places they are in. It gives me a warm feeling haha. Much rather watch this than most horror movies.. Romance >>> horror

I also like some of the mystery shows they have. It's a welcome change of pace that allows the actors show more dramatic range.

There is also the Hallmark Drama channel. It definitely has more quality shows and movies. I'm currently rewatching Dr Quinn Medicine Woman. I always liked that show, but I forgot some of the stories, so now I'm enjoying it all over again. I don't remember how it ended and many details.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 11-01-2020 at 04:55 PM.

I’m not a Hallmark fan per say, but I do watch all the Aurora Teagarden Mysteries that they air, because well, I’ve always been a fan of/in love w. Candace Cameron...

...and a fan of Charlaine Harris, of True Blood fame, who wrote the books Aurora Teagarden originated in.

Funny you should ask, lol. Yeah, I watched a few today I had never seen before and while not "the classic Christmas movies", they were really good overall. i enjoyed them!

They had some really nice decorated trees and the chemistry of the actors was good. The script was a little different than the usual plots and wording was good.

I may not enjoy them this much all the time, but today, I sure did!

I'm a Good Witch fan.

Extraordinary Member

Yes, I do. The Christmas movies become somewhat repetitive after awhile, but I've seen some Hallmark movies that I really, really enjoy and will watch them again when they air.

I do watch their Mystery Movies, and I really enjoy the small town Canadian scenery they shoot in.

I find their stuff to be a nice, relaxing change from the onslaught of cynical edginess that Hollywood cranks out. Hallmark is a good palette cleanser from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'm a Good Witch fan.
    So is my spouse. I never got into it, though I’ve seen enough to know the Mayor is pretty hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    So is my spouse. I never got into it, though I’ve seen enough to know the Mayor is pretty hilarious.
    I love Martha, she's such an over the top character. She reminds me of Hyacinth from Keeping Up Appearances.

No, I hate them.

Yet when my spouse puts one on, I have to watch the whole damn thing just to make sure the ending is always the same.

Guilty pleasure I suppose and/or a byproduct of growing up with a mom/grandma that loved their soap operas.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

I never go out of my way to watch it, but a lot of the time if you're flipping channels and one comes on, I don't turn the channel.

I love mysteries so a lot of their mystery movies are fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    No, I hate them.

Yet when my spouse puts one on, I have to watch the whole damn thing just to make sure the ending is always the same.

Guilty pleasure I suppose and/or a byproduct of growing up with a mom/grandma that loved their soap operas.
    That made be think of the time that a bot wrote a screen play for a Hallmark Christmas movie
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Sometimes. They've got a lot of white people, and they are terribly formulaic, so kind of bland.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Never the ones that star right wing evangelicals like Candace Cameron, but we get together around Christmas to riff them.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Some movies are better than others, and yes, there is always a happy and predictable ending, but that's one of the reasons why I watch because I need something happy and comforting and sweet. I like that these movies show more traditional values and try to be inspirational and more optimistic.

Tonight, the Hallmark movies and mysteries channel is showing one of my faves called "The Mistletoe Inn" with Alicia Witt. I really like her acting, she can do drama and I feel she always tries to do her best job. This movie is very well written, IMO, and has some good acting and funny moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Sometimes. They've got a lot of white people, and they are terribly formulaic, so kind of bland.
    I don't know if you have seen it in recent times, but I have noticed they are becoming more inclusive and open-minded. Now, there is some divorced people, for instance. That didn't happen before. Or at least I didn't notice.