Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
I watched it all the way through and there were good episodes in every season. But I hated it once they did the 25 year leap and even before that. Hercules ended with the reconciliation of Zeus and Hera. They were in love again and she even ended her feud with Hercules. Then, a week later, on Xena, Zeus murders Hera and is then killed by Hercules. Wow, way to totally undermine the Hercules finale. And that was also the last appearance of Hercules.

They had also done a Herc story where he met Odin, who was a loving husband who cared about humanity. Then they had Odin appear on Xena and he's a womanizing jerk who cares nothing about people. Continuity? What's that?

Many people would say exactly the opposite but I liked Xena best when it felt like it existed in the same world as the Hercules show, before it had a drastically different tone and started introducing things like "non-Greek Amazons" who were based on a wholly different mythology.

On personal note, I consider the first season of Xena canon in my personal head canon but the rest of it seems like it's taking place in a different world setting from Hercules.
I preferred Hercules over Xena- I felt like Kevin Sorbonne did that the producers sort of abandoned his show to focus on hers. But now, thanks to his political and religious views, I’m not remotely interested in his show anymore.