Alright this thread might sound a bit nuts but I have a question pertaining to John Constantine as of right now. So I’m aware that he got a new ongoing set in the sandman universe which unless I’m mistaken is basically following the original Vertigo version of the character who is older. If I am wrong on that assumption please feel free to correct me.

Now what that has me wondering is the other John Constantine, the one we’ve been following in the DC universe since New 52 and is currently a resident in the Justice League Dark. For about nine years now since the reboot John has been a part of the main DC universe proper and has made appearances and crossovers. But the thing is, he was only in the universe after New 52 which according to the current storyline of the DC universe is when Dr. Manhattan stepped in and changed the universe to his whims. Which brings me to my question, is John Constantine of the main DC universe just a copy that Dr. Manhattan inserted into the universe?

I know it sounds nuts, and honestly part of it is just bored pondering, but it’s not as if it would be the first time we have seen it. Wallace West the current Kid Flash exists(as per universe explanation) because Dr. Manhattan altered the universe as well which in turn created him. We’ve also seen from Doomsday Clock that Dr. Manhattan could analyze and manipulate magic. So would it be so far out their he manipulated the universe to insert a magic being in the universe. I’m wondering if Constantine is only in the universe because Dr. Manhattan willed him, perhaps after seeing the Vertigo version.

This is not to be taken all that seriously, it’s more wild speculation and random questions on my part but I do think it is an interesting thing to think about when it comes to him and possibly other imprint characters that were introduced in the New 52.