Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Default Cullen Bloodstone in X-Men

I heard Cullen Bloodstone made a guest appearance in one of the X-Books this week. But readiing the reviews, I cannot spot where he appeared and what his role was. Maybe I just did not look right.

He is not a mutant, is he?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

No, not a mutant. he's actually passive-aggressively anti-mutant (he microaggressioned betsy lol)

basically in Excalibur rn Apocalypse showed the team his grimoire and had them collect Warwolf skulls for some kind of..spell I guess? But the werwolves were being kept in a zoo and were actually sold to Cullen since they weren't attracting much $$ I guess. After some finagling w/ Pete wisdom Cullen has Excalibur take part in a "hunt" on his property to get what they need "fair and square" but he gets pissed when they start using their powers to do so and turns on them. It looks like he has some kind of power but its not mutant. Idk not super familiar with his character but im guessing he's always had this. Kind of bizarre and kind of fun storyline so far, pretty sure its only gonna last a couple issues between bigger arcs

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    No, not a mutant. he's actually passive-aggressively anti-mutant (he microaggressioned betsy lol)

basically in Excalibur rn Apocalypse showed the team his grimoire and had them collect Warwolf skulls for some kind of..spell I guess? But the werwolves were being kept in a zoo and were actually sold to Cullen since they weren't attracting much $$ I guess. After some finagling w/ Pete wisdom Cullen has Excalibur take part in a "hunt" on his property to get what they need "fair and square" but he gets pissed when they start using their powers to do so and turns on them. It looks like he has some kind of power but its not mutant. Idk not super familiar with his character but im guessing he's always had this. Kind of bizarre and kind of fun storyline so far, pretty sure its only gonna last a couple issues between bigger arcs
    His powers is that he has a kind of extradimensional monster locked inside him, the bloodgem controls it.

Betsy is going to kick his spotty arse in the next issue.

Well I don't know why is he looking so mature in current Excalibur, I do remember he was just about 13 in Avengers Arena?

Quote Originally Posted by RABUMALAL View Post
    Well I don't know why is he looking so mature in current Excalibur, I do remember he was just about 13 in Avengers Arena?
    It's that demon life.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

I always thought him to have 16 . Cullen has two set of powers :

-Demon powers: he can transform himself in a monster of the height of a Helicarrier, after he learnt to control his demon he can just transform parts of his body or use demonic tendrils as weapons.

-The blood gem , he used it to control his demon but also grants him super strenght and inmortality.

Mighty Member

Way to turn Cullen into a mutant hating villain out of nowhere Tini!

Thanks, I hate it!

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    I always thought him to have 16 . Cullen has two set of powers :

-Demon powers: he can transform himself in a monster of the height of a Helicarrier, after he learnt to control his demon he can just transform parts of his body or use demonic trendils as weapons.

-The blood gem , he used it to control control his demon but also grants him super strenght and inmortality.
    Yeah that seems right. The evil demon that puppets his body is powerful and uncontrollable, so he puts the ring on to suppress it.

But the ring also gives him all of the enhanced healing and abilities like his sister, he's pretty much unkillable either way

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Way to turn Cullen into a mutant hating villain out of nowhere Tini!

Thanks, I hate it!
    to be fair he said in the past that he is a demon raised by a lunatic who suffered a lot of trauma, he hates pretty much everyone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Yeah that seems right. The evil demon that puppets his body is powerful and uncontrollable, so he puts the ring on to suppress it.

But the ring also gives him all of the enhanced healing and abilities like his sister, he's pretty much unkillable either way
    I thought Daimon helped him with the demon in Avengers undercover and now has full control over it

Mighty Member

to be fair he said in the past that he is a demon raised by a lunatic who suffered a lot of trauma, he hates pretty much everyone.
    that's a crock of **** excuse. Cullen doesn't act anything like his previous incarnations. Dude was maybe 16 at best and as goth as goth could get out. Now he's a random posh prissy boy hunting on his family grounds?

**** ALL THE WAY OFF with that nonsense.

I thought Daimon helped him with the demon in Avengers undercover and now has full control over it
    He controlled it enough to make tentacles, but he can't control the full demon when it manifests. It just takes him along for the ride

Hellstrom had more control and sent them on a rampage

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    that's a crock of **** excuse. Cullen doesn't act anything like his previous incarnations. Dude was maybe 16 at best and as goth as goth could get out. Now he's a random posh prissy boy hunting on his family grounds?

**** ALL THE WAY OFF with that nonsense.
    You are correct. Marvel can of course use whatever reason they wish to explain the change. Anti mutant hysteria, demon ect. What matters more is: Does readers enjoy this change? Does marvel care for those that don't?

On this forum I often find that users are dived into 2 categories: People that don't care about the characters unless they are in general alignment with previous apperances. People that find it a large detterent when characters behave in this way.

More then that is often splitting hair to make an argument why something works for you.

Ultimate Member

Hopefully it can get explained away later that Cullen's demon was out of control for whatever reason (perhaps tied into some of the wonky magical stuff that's been going on over in Dr. Strange's corner of the universe for the last decade?), and go back to being potentially heroic someday, when he gets it back in it's box.