Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

It does. I grew up with it myself. But, it just didn't blow my mind away. The only things in outside media that did are max fleischer and ruby spears cartoon.the sheer pathbreaker max fleischer cartoon was, is amazing. Max fleischer cartoon even in inspired one of the all time greats hayao miyazaki ans studio ghibli. most movies of his have a bit or references to superman.
    The way i see it superman better adaptation aren't controlled by dc or wb. Max fleischer, brad bird, Osamu Tezuka.. Etc do better with superman than anyone dc and wb had hired to adapt superman. Heck! Even horikoshi does a better job with prosuperman narrative.

Henry Cavills version. Even though there is some nitpicking on the movies and ppl like to poke them for various reasons he has proven that he can do pretty much all known major comic Superman variants. 'cept the dad version.

BANNED

1) Superman Theatrical Cartoons by Max Fleischer

2) The DCAU
    -- Superman TAS, through JLU

3) Superman the Movie
    -- The first 2/3rds of it or so, everything before the scene Superman and Lex Luthor meet up.

OP Question -

1.) The OG Superman movies.

2.) The JL animated series

3.) Smallville

4.) Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-22-2020 at 05:33 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post

I've yet to see the Ruby Spears stuff.
    Fleischer studios had remarkable innovations that really stand up to today, and even though they shorter the character work it really didn't affect Superman the way it did Popeye at all. So in the end I'd argue that at a kinda rough point in the comic history, the cartoon series was the one time outside media elevated the source material.

Ruby Spears stuff I'd say was the opposite. It was right before the good directing and writing of the popular 90s hero cartoons, and it was pretty generic "shrink ray" type plots with pretty basic characters. I'd compare it to '81 Spider-Man but with Smallville vignettes in place of a funky soundtrack.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Fleischer studios had remarkable innovations that really stand up to today, and even though they shorter the character work it really didn't affect Superman the way it did Popeye at all. So in the end I'd argue that at a kinda rough point in the comic history, the cartoon series was the one time outside media elevated the source material.

Ruby Spears stuff I'd say was the opposite. It was right before the good directing and writing of the popular 90s hero cartoons, and it was pretty generic "shrink ray" type plots with pretty basic characters. I'd compare it to '81 Spider-Man but with Smallville vignettes in place of a funky soundtrack.
    I'd be lying if that didn't sound like a fun way to kill a lazy afternoon. Sometimes a little bit of nonsense is all I need.

The George Reeves show with Max Fleischer being close.
    Power with Girl is better.

Superman: TAS (not the other DCAU shows)

The Christopher Reeves films

His appearances in the Batman: The Braves and the Bold