Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The Nolan Dark Knight trilogy, for sure.

For all they did some strange interpretations of some of the villains, The Batman had a pretty solid take on Batman I thought from what few episodes I saw.

Beware the Batman was pretty alright too, very detective-y.

BTAS Batman hands down is my favorite no ifs, ans, or buts.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Batman the Animated Series. That was my introduction to the character and his world...and to the superhero genre in fact. And its literal perfection!

The Nolanverse trilogy of course.

If we are talking just about Bruce i would say the animated series clearly. A "serious" Batman but not a jerk. Plus i like the 30's, 40's aesthetic of the show.

But if we are talking about Batman as a general concept, Batman Beyond clearly. Looooove that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    If we are talking just about Bruce i would say the animated series clearly. A "serious" Batman but not a jerk. Plus i like the 30's, 40's aesthetic of the show.

But if we are talking about Batman as a general concept, Batman Beyond clearly. Looooove that stuff.
    Batman Beyond would be my second choice (and a close second at that). I love me some Terry and dystopian cyberpunk future.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

This is mine too. I love the atmosphere and visuals of the Burton films; Anton Furst's Gotham is the ONLY Gotham as far as I'm concerned. But I dislike Batman being lethal in those films, so I would prefer the more heroic BTAS Batman in that setting who can slide into a bit of the self aware campiness of Adam West on occasion.
    I can understand the dislike of lethal Batman, but to me it didn't distract anything. I thought Keaton and Burton had a wonderful take on Bruce Wayne though. Sad, lonely, and a little bit weird, but never angsty. It never felt like Bruce was something he pretnded to be either. He was Bruce Wayne. He watched his parents die, grew up, and the only thing that really made him feel better was butting on a costume and hurting criminals.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I wish I could list multiple favorite representations, but I really mostly can't...

BTAS, particularly Mask of the Phantasm are the best representations of (modern) Batman outside of the comics.

Of course I could say the Batman 40's serials and Batman '66 (they are great, important, and fun) as well, but in terms of "modern" Batman....it's BTAS.

No modern live action Batman movie has been satisfactory, none as far as I'm concerned. I'm very disappointed.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-25-2020 at 06:43 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Terry McGinnis just barely eaks pass Batman: TAS for me personally. TAS is iconic, it's the gold standard for Bruce Wayne in ANY medium bar none, but I always felt that Terry was the character that resonated with me as a child and continues to feel more relatably human as a mid-20s adult now; also his batsuit is easily top 3 best batsuits of all time.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

1. BTAS
    2. BvS
    3. Arkham games

1. Ben Affleck
    2. BTAS
    3. The Batman
    10. Justice League Unlimited Batman

⚡ The Scarlet Poster ⚡ Flash Fan #1's Avatar

Other than the West series, Batman Forever and B&R, I pretty much like all the different versions and takes of B-Man in all forms of media.

I remember Beware The Batman getting a lot of s#it for its visual asthetic at the time, though. I didn't mind and thought it fit the show. I mean, dudes on other boards were tearing it apart.
    Last edited by Flash Fan #1; 03-03-2020 at 08:37 AM.
    "If you're not moving, you're not living. No matter how bad it gets or how many hits you take, keep trying."

Akrham Games
    The Animated Series
    Nolanverse
    The Batman
    Burtonverse

Batman in the Arkham series
    Batman TAS
    Nolan's Batman
    Burton's Batman
    Batman DC Animated movie universe

Batman The Animated Series was my first experience with Batman and I loved it. I also love The Batman cartoon even though it was a bit goofy.
    The Adam West Batman was great. I didnt get it at first. I was mad because it was so campy. Then when i understood that is how it was meant to be I really loved it.
    The 40s serial was a really good time as well.
    I didnt really care for Nolan Batman. The movies were good (All but the last one) but it was not my favorite Batman.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.