Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default What is your favorite representation of Batman in other media?

The title says it all. What is your favorite representation of Batman outside of comics?

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

1) The Batman animated series of the ninety, because in my opinion those series were able to give us the best Bruce Wayne, the best Gotham city and the best balance among all the various aspects of the Batman's adventures: action, investigation, mystery…

2) The games of the Telltale Series, because they are practically perfect from all points of view and they give us the best Joker, the best Selina Kyle ever and the best interactions between her and Bruce Wayne (always in my opinion); but also Harley Queen was great.

3) The movie Dark Knight, because that Gotham and its characters (above all Joker and Harvey Dent) were so realistic.

4) The TV show of the sixty, because it was so absurd that nobody can hate it.

Maybe I should invert the first two positions.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

BTAS (specifically the earlier seasons on FOX) and the Adam West Batman.

Love the super dark and gritty Batman in the Arkham series.

Probably the arkham games excluding Knight, under the red hood, mask of the phantasm, and nolan's trilogy.
    Books I’m pulling: Justice League Dark, Batman and the, Outsiders, Suicide squad, Daredevil, Tynion’s Batman, X-men, X-force, Marauders, Hellions, X-Factor, Three Jokers, Deceased Dead Planet

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Early BTAS, before they're going Bruce/Babs
    Physically either Bale or Affleck is the closest in looks

Batman from the brave and the bold, just the right amount of seriousness and silliness for me to enjoy with a general love of modern, silver, and golden age comics. I also loved the premise of just Batman teaming up with the entire dc universe.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

The DCAU version of Batman is honestly who all versions of the character should strive to be. He's just....so good. A great balance of serious/brooding without going overboard, and caring/heroic without coming off as too cheesy. Take out the cringey Babs romance and he'd be perfect.

A good second place is Bale's Batman. To this day that's still my favorite live action take on the character and the Dark Knight is my all time favorite movie

BTAS and Arkham game series.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Definitely...

BTAS

Incredible Member

DCAU is tough to beat.

I really like almost all of the changes in the Telltale version, felt like an upgrade on the basic status quo of how Bruce/Batman operates, integrating Cobblepot and Dent into Wayne's life as much as Batman's, the reveal that Thomas Wayne was part of the old corruption and his involvement in imprisoning political opponents in Arkham is a great, dark twist that makes Bruce's mission more interesting and complex.

I don't like their version of Joker, but otherwise I think they made some smart choices in the brief Telltale series.

My perfect Batman is some amalgamation of Batman: TAS, The Burton Movies at the 60s show.

BTAS, Under the Red Hood, The Dark Knight Returns, despite he was in terrible movies Batfleck, the Burton Movies.

There's also bits and pieces I liked in other things but the whole didn't measure up. As much as I love the Nolan trilogy (except maybe the last one) Bale's Batman never quite clicked with me. The recent Batman/TMNT movie was good but I'm not a fan of the blue with the underoos costume. The Unlimited movies were mostly good but not great. Things like Batman Ninja and Gotham by Gaslight are great but too elseworldy to count.

Fantastic Member

1. 1992-1995 Era BTAS
    2. The Nolan Trilogy
    3. The 1966 TV Show
    4. Brave and the Bold Cartoon

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    The DCAU version of Batman is honestly who all versions of the character should strive to be. He's just....so good. A great balance of serious/brooding without going overboard, and caring/heroic without coming off as too cheesy. Take out the cringey Babs romance and he'd be perfect.

A good second place is Bale's Batman.
    That's me too. I'm one of those weird fans who wants Bruce to be a total, Frank Miller style d-bag, but even I know that's not the best direction. The 90's cartoon hit a real nice balance for the most part. That's a Batman worth respecting, I think. I think I could lump the Young Justice cartoon version in here too, since they're so similar, but Bats has such a minor role in the show I don't feel like it counts, yknow?

And Bale was solid. Again, not *too* broody, his sense of humor didnt completely die with his parents. Not quite the detective I'd like, but all in all a damn solid Batman.

Brave & The Bold is a lot of fun, my son used to love that show and we watched it all the time. But that's too silly for my tastes. I'd happily accept Nightwing in a tone like that but I want a little more DKR in my Batman than B&TB.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.