Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

-Adam West

-The Batman (2004-2008)

-Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Edit: Forgot The Lego Batman Movie (2017)
    Last edited by Gaius; 03-13-2020 at 12:03 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    -Adam West

-The Batman (2004-2008)

-Batman: The Brave and the Bold
    These. Also Batman Unlimited and Batman vs TMNT.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Batman the Animated Series. That was my introduction to the character and his world...and to the superhero genre in fact. And its literal perfection!

The Nolanverse trilogy of course.
    My first was Superfriends. I saw that before reading the comics. I also watched TAS before the comics.

I find that the less Batman deals with Metas, the more I like the stories. Batman fighting someone with twice his strength is believable. Fighting Kryptonians is just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by nhienphan2808 View Post
    These. Also Batman Unlimited and Batman vs TMNT.
    Yep, I like a Batman with a sense of humor to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yep, I like a Batman with a sense of humor to it.
    Yeah, it makes sense for Batman to have a dark or salty sense of humor. Being a fully humorless rock is boring.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

In my humble opinion Batman doesn't need humor, he need to be put in situations where his lack of humor is hilarious; for example…

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Batman's funniest for me in two situations.
    First, when he's comically serious, that's his thing in the LEGO Batman games while being surrounded by colorful people...
    Second is when he just deadpans savage jokes. Like in BTAS when he and Harley escaped an exploding plane with Joker in it. Harley yelled "Puddin!" and Batman just deadpans "he's probably one by now"

Mighty Member

To be fair, even in some of the campiest portrayals of Batman like Adam West or the Brave and the Bold animated series, Batman is the straight man to everything that goes on around him.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, it makes sense for Batman to have a dark or salty sense of humor. Being a fully humorless rock is boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    To be fair, even in some of the campiest portrayals of Batman like Adam West or the Brave and the Bold animated series, Batman is the straight man to everything that goes on around him.
    Yep, Batman the absurd straight-man of the DC universe is when he's at his best.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Yeah, I am always a little confused when people act like those 2 versions, especially Adam West's, were funny characters. In the 60's series the villains and situations around him were funny but he was always dead serious, I think people confuse the campy tone of the show mixed with West's Batman not being dark with the character himself being humorous.

He really wasn't.

Strangley enough despite the darker universe he was in and more violent persona he had I'd say Batfleck was a more comedic character than either Adam West or the Brave and the Bold Batmen. In Justice League alone he had more quips than either of those 2 had in their entire series.

Fantastic Member

I refer my Batman in medias purely for very little children, since that's when he's always most in character to me , as his supporting cast. The dark and "mature" angle is tricky. It's necessary but very few manage to keep him in-character through that.
    After all, Batman BECAME a hero just for children, despite what his modern portrayals always tried to tell us.
    So i'll always cherish Lil Gotham, Lego batman, Batman Unlimited and B vs TMNT , even Batman Ninja, more than say DCEU or the later part of BTAS universe. Only some BTAS episodes hold up. As a whole show, The Batman (2004) beats it for me.
    Last edited by nhienphan2808; 03-14-2020 at 04:03 AM.

BANNED

Kevin Conroy

BANNED

If u are strictly speaking good Batman stories in another medium then Nolan.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Yeah, I am always a little confused when people act like those 2 versions, especially Adam West's, were funny characters. In the 60's series the villains and situations around him were funny but he was always dead serious, I think people confuse the campy tone of the show mixed with West's Batman not being dark with the character himself being humorous.

He really wasn't.

Strangley enough despite the darker universe he was in and more violent persona he had I'd say Batfleck was a more comedic character than either Adam West or the Brave and the Bold Batmen. In Justice League alone he had more quips than either of those 2 had in their entire series.
    Adam West Batman is the one where half the episodes would end with Batman in a death trap and the narrator encouraging your to tune in next time to see what happens.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post

He really wasn't.

Actually it is really difficult grasp the Batman's seriousness when you see a scene like this:

but you are right: he was always utterly serious; also when you are talking about a ballpoint banana or a sparrow whit a machine gun.