Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    Actually it is really difficult grasp the Batman's seriousness when you see a scene like this:

but you are right: he was always utterly serious; also when you are talking about a ballpoint banana or a sparrow whit a machine gun.
    Yeah, the humor with him came from his deadpan reactions to ludicrous the situations he was in, but outside of that he wasn't a jokey kind of guy. I don't remember too many scenes where he was purposely funny.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Yeah, I am always a little confused when people act like those 2 versions, especially Adam West's, were funny characters. In the 60's series the villains and situations around him were funny but he was always dead serious, I think people confuse the campy tone of the show mixed with West's Batman not being dark with the character himself being humorous.
    He's not a funny character in the sense of making jokes in the story but he's a funny character because he looks funny and acts funny in the most memorable clips like the Batusi, Can't Get Rid of a Bomb, Shark Repellent, running through the streets and climbing buildings.
    The tone of the show too, but those are the most referenced clips when talking about Batman 66 among general public... aside from the compilation of Robin's Holy
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 03-15-2020 at 09:20 PM.

Mighty Member

B:TAS, obviously.

The Telltale games presented a very likable version of him and his world. I honestly prefer it to the Arkham games, not that those were bad or anything. I just like that the games remember that Bruce Wayne is just as essential as Batman and actually let you explore both worlds.

Beware the Batman took something I heavily despised (Batman's sudden personality shift between B:TAS and the rest of the DCAU) and actually made it a story arc and a problem to resolve. Plus he wasn't overpowered and was more of a detective. I would've loved to see more of him in more seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    He's not a funny character in the sense of making jokes in the story but he's a funny character because he looks funny and acts funny in the most memorable clips like the Batusi, Can't Get Rid of a Bomb, Shark Repellent, running through the streets and climbing buildings.
    The tone of the show too, but those are the most referenced clips when talking about Batman 66 among general public... aside from the compilation of Robin's Holy
    Still, with the exception of the dance, the humor in those scenes is how utterly serious he is about doing those goofy things.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Telltale Batman, Beware the Batman and the early 2000s Batman with Rino Romano voicing the character (at least before Robin pops up).

Batman: TAS
    Batman Beyond
    The Arkham video game series
    60's TV series

Nolan trilogy and the Arkham series

Retired

When I was a little kid, I took the BATMAN television show absolutely seriously. That was my introduction to Batman and I went through many other iterations of Batman before I got to the comic books--with the bubblegum cards, the newspaper strip, various merchandise, a colouring book. The bubblegum cards from Topps were impressive and I would say they're my favourite the Batman outside of the comics.

The first series (the black bat series), told a pulp-noir thriller involving Penguin, Joker and Cat Woman attempting to get their hands on a secret formula. The painted artwork by Bob Powell and Norman Saunders was beautiful and presented a grounded Batman that was somewhere between the TV show and the comic book and not exactly like either. Also this is the first place where I saw the Cat Woman wearing her old school outfit.

The Animated Series/New Adventures of Batman & Robin
    The Arkham Games
    Batman Begins/Dark Knight (I ignore Dark Knight Rises)
    Burtonverse films
    60's series
    Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy!