Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I'm gonna toss in a vote for Superfriends. It told her origin in a way that really stuck in my memory.

Also it gave us Wonder-Cheetah. Yes, the scene with Priscilla Rich as Wonder Woman. I loved it! It's one of those things that really sells that the villain won.

Ooohh... now I want to see a Dark Multiverse where that episode ended with the JL losing... and in several cases having their powers stolen. What sort of reality would you get if Wonder-Cheetah and the Green Luthor ruled the world? I don't know, but It seems like it could be an interesting "bad" universe like the CSA universe.

I was a Super Friends watcher, but I don’t remember them telling WW’s origin. You made me google it. They did do a pretty good job with it. My quibble is that they omitted Steve.

I have several...

1. Lynda Carter in the early episodes of the tv series. The message of equality and love was so Marstonian and forthright in the character portrayal.

2. Pérez’s relaunch imagined her as the ultimate power player and princess of power and protection. I enjoyed this version overall, despite a few things I would have done differently, because Diana was remade to be on par and equal to Kal/Clark. Something she was always meant to be, except for, you know, the sexism she’s received.

3. Amazonia. I love this Elseworlds tale, because I love a period piece/costume drama and the Victorian Era is such a great era to showcase Wondrr Woman in, based on her message and themes and the conventions of that era. Bonus points for weaving in commentary on colonialism, some Dickensian vibes, and true crime speculation with Jack the Ripper.

4. The Brave and the Bold animated series version. I love this Diana’s forthright and, ahem, bold nature. She’s powerful, in control, and astute (with a wink and a nod), all-at-once and probably the most similar to and dependable for Batman from all the characters appearing in that series.

Spectacular Member

For me, it's always going to be Lynda Carter. She was my introduction to the character and whenever I think of Wonder Woman, I see and hear Lynda.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I have several...

1. Lynda Carter in the early episodes of the tv series. The message of equality and love was so Marstonian and forthright in the character portrayal.

2. Pérez’s relaunch imagined her as the ultimate power player and princess of power and protection. I enjoyed this version overall, despite a few things I would have done differently, because Diana was remade to be on par and equal to Kal/Clark. Something she was always meant to be, except for, you know, the sexism she’s received.

3. Amazonia. I love this Elseworlds tale, because I love a period piece/costume drama and the Victorian Era is such a great era to showcase Wondrr Woman in, based on her message and themes and the conventions of that era. Bonus points for weaving in commentary on colonialism, some Dickensian vibes, and true crime speculation with Jack the Ripper.

4. The Brave and the Bold animated series version. I love this Diana’s forthright and, ahem, bold nature. She’s powerful, in control, and astute (with a wink and a nod), all-at-once and probably the most similar to and dependable for Batman from all the characters appearing in that series.
    Same for me all these plus justice league tv show & superfriends

Lynda Carter, because she was the face of WW for a long time, even if the series is hokey.

Gal Gadot in her movie, because she did well in a good (though somewhat overrated) movie.

#Basic

And for a nostalgic choice, BJ Ward from The Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians, for no other reason by nostalgia.

-Lynda Carter

-Her appearances in Brave and the Bold

-Gal Gadot