Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What is your favorite representation of Wonder Woman in other media?

The title says it all. What is your favorite representation of Wonder Woman outside of comics?

Easy for me: the 2017 movie. I find it managed to capture Diana as a person in a way that very few of comics have managed.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

The 2017 movie.

Incredible Member

I think I'd have to go with Diana in the live action "Wonder Woman" film too (excluding her appearances in Batman vs. Superman and Justice League).

Although I still have my quibbles with some of the acting choices and other "aesthetic" aspects, the characterisation of Diana was really good. I'll forever wish that the ending was radically different to better demonstrate Diana's love and compassion (i.e. the World War was being exacerbated, in part, by Ares' losing control of his powers without the other gods to "balance" his influence, so he *wanted* Diana to defeat him and Diana has compassion for his suffering and guilt in killing his family).
    Last edited by Agent 86; 02-24-2020 at 08:25 PM.

Retired

I'd have to say Lynda Carter in THE NEW ORIGINAL WONDER WOMAN on ABC. The CBS series was not that good, but that's hardly her fault.

The movie. Not even a question.

The first direct-to-DvD animated movie was pretty solid too.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The movie wins by default since we have so little else, plus it's really good on its own merits. The Lynda Carter show is also fun and endearing in a campy way.

Bloodlines is also good if for no other reason than it's cool to see so many characters animated, even if plot wise it isn't amazing.

Fantastic Member

1. Wonder Woman '09 DTV
    2. Lynda Carter (1st Season)
    3. 2017 Movie
    4. JL/JLU

The Lynda Carter series and Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

DCAU, the pre-flashpint animated movies, and the DCEU.

Incredible Member

The movie, obvs, but there was also an episode (or 2-part episode) of Superman Adventures (or some 80s or 90s Superman series) in which I thought she came off well. Also, Scooby-Doo treats WW well. And in the far-back past, the Brady Bunch did well by her.

The TV series—ABC’s WWII version only. The spirit of Marston’s creation was captured wonderfully (pun intended). Yes, many of the Golden Age trappings were omitted, but for seventies TV standards, they did justice to the character.
    Last edited by Largo161; 02-21-2020 at 06:59 PM.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

The movie, absolutely. Gal Gadot gloriously captured the essence and soul of Diana.

I'm gonna toss in a vote for Superfriends. It told her origin in a way that really stuck in my memory.

Also it gave us Wonder-Cheetah. Yes, the scene with Priscilla Rich as Wonder Woman. I loved it! It's one of those things that really sells that the villain won.

Ooohh... now I want to see a Dark Multiverse where that episode ended with the JL losing... and in several cases having their powers stolen. What sort of reality would you get if Wonder-Cheetah and the Green Luthor ruled the world? I don't know, but It seems like it could be an interesting "bad" universe like the CSA universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Air Wave View Post
    The title says it all. What is your favorite representation of Wonder Woman outside of comics?
    Easy peasy--Lynda Carter is Wonder Woman through and through and her vision of the character, her world, and her trappings is teuly wondrous.