Default Captain Britain (616) vs. Captain Marvel (MCU)

Fight in London.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Whereabouts do we peg Movie Carol’s strength and speed?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Fight in London.
    Man, this is going to mess up the tube isn't it?

How am I meant to get home from work now Arby?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Nik's transport issues aside, I'm having issues with Carol actually putting out the oomph to seriously hurt Brian.

The dude takes multiple punches in the face from Juggernaut without folding, on a day where Marko is being presented as a top-tier guy (and punching him so hard Brian's butt digs a trench in the ground for a couple of miles). He's plenty tough.

Brian, on the other hand, most certainly has the stuff to hurt her if he gets his hands on her.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Whereabouts do we peg Movie Carol’s strength and speed?
    Up for debate I suppose!

I personally think she's roughly class 70/80 for strength and class 90 for durability. Roughly. She's FTL for travel speed but nothing mind blowing for fight speed.

She's tougher then she is strong for sure. She also has a range advantage over Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Man, this is going to mess up the tube isn't it?

How am I meant to get home from work now Arby?
    My apologies!
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Up for debate I suppose!

I personally think she's roughly class 70/80 for strength and class 90 for durability. Roughly. She's FTL for travel speed but nothing mind blowing for fight speed.

She's tougher then she is strong for sure. She also has a range advantage over Brian.

My apologies!
    Hmm, I know they are intending to present her as a new level of power in the MCU beyond what we've seen before. I know this because the lead guy, Feige?, has actually said this in an interview.

But, as far as what we've actually seen, I think we've seen maybe one serious strength feat? That was turning the rocket. Durability, I might go Class 100 but as her feat with the explosives is highly debated, Class 90 is okay. Definitely FTL travel but I am not sure we've seen anything with combat speed that is not humanly possible or at least CBPH possible.

As Sharp pointed out, a guy who takes punches from Comic Book Juggernaut at his top level is probably beyond her ability to hurt.
    Power with Girl is better.