Page 21 of 92 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    When did he say he valued Franklin's life more than Valeria?
    The moment he made a distinction between both over their genetic make-up.

You're reading into it. He said he'd let them know if they came on the island especially since Valeria is a human and they're not taking human runaways or refugees on the island.
    Cue what I just said about factoring genetic make-up into this. That's missing the point.

Then she went all "mUh ChiLdREn aRE boTh PerFEct" and cut him off before he could finish talking.
    Given Cyclops' friends showed-up last issue to try and take away her son, she's excused.

If she hadn't gone full Karen, they could have worked together and found them super fast (mutants have Cerebra tech so it would have been a matter of seconds)
    Blame the mother all you want, the X-Men caused this incident with their actions in issue #1, so yeah, they better collaborate with the parents in finding their children regardless of them being mutant or not, it's on them.
    Sue has every right to be angry at Cyclops and his friends over this.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    Gay conversion therapy.
    No, I was thinking of less serious things. Like white parents smoothing their black daughter's hair.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    The moment he made a distinction between both over their genetic make-up.

Cue what I just said about factoring genetic make-up into this. That's missing the point.

Given Cyclops' friends showed-up last issue to try and take away her son, she's excused.

Blame the mother all you want, the X-Men caused this incident with their actions in issue #1, so yeah, they better collaborate with the parents in finding their children regardless of them being mutant or not, it's on them.
    One is a mutant, one is not. There's a distinction. They're not taking in human runaways so they'd notify her if she came through a gate. It's simple and Reed is one of the smartest people on Earth, he should be able to understand that. Plus they've all worked together in the past but they're being extremely angry towards the X-Men and Susan is the one that escalated both this situation and the one in issue #1.

She can be angry but being angry is not going to help either of them. She was both angry and stupid in this scene.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    No, I was thinking of less serious things. Like white parents smoothing their black daughter's hair.
    So you are trashing adoptive parents now?

One is a mutant, one is not. There's a distinction. They're not taking in human runaways so they'd notify her if she came through a gate. It's simple and Reed is one of the smartest people on Earth, he should be able to understand that. Plus they've all worked together in the past but they're being extremely angry towards the X-Men and Susan is the one that escalated both this situation and the one in issue #1.

She can be angry but being angry is not going to help either of them. She was both angry and stupid in this scene.
    The X-Men rolled up unannounced with a whole squad of muscle to "talk" to a minor. Had they not wanted to escalate the situation, Xavier would have come alone after calling ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    So you are trashing adoptive parents now?
    No, I am saying that sometimes adoptive parents (or parents of LGBT people) can make bad decisions even if they have the best of intentions because they may not understand certain problems that their children have.

White parents may not understand what it has meant to straighten hair for black women in the United States. They may simply think "All the other girls in her school have hair like that, it's the best for her."

You can have good intentions and be wrong for lack of understanding. That does not make you a bad parent as long as you strive to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    The X-Men rolled up unannounced with a whole squad of muscle to "talk" to a minor. Had they not wanted to escalate the situation, Xavier would have come alone after calling ahead.
    The X-Men always do this kind of recruiting with the whole squad. They all went to talk to Kitty when they first met her. Also, Storm and Bobby were ex teammates, they've worked with Wolverine countless times and Reed and Charles have been shady together. Kate is Franklin's friend. The only variables were Pyro and Magneto, who is now a Krakoan diplomat so he was there as a political figure.

Plus, they're adults, they shouldn't go around throwing force fields at people that want to talk with them, as much as they do not like what they're saying.

The X-Men always do this kind of recruiting with the whole squad. They all went to talk to Kitty when they first met her. Also, Storm and Bobby were ex teammates, they've worked with Wolverine countless times and Reed and Charles have been shady together. Kate is Franklin's friend. The only variables were Pyro and Magneto, who is now a Krakoan diplomat so he was there as a political figure.

Plus, they're adults, they shouldn't go around throwing force fields at people that want to talk with them, as much as they do not like what they're saying.
    Bishop, Magneto and Pyro were completely unnecessary at the meeting.

Bishop, Magneto and Pyro were completely unnecessary at the meeting.
    Yeah but outside of Magneto they were not a threat. Bishop and Pyro were just tagging along with the Marauders crew, I guess.

My point is: the FF had an extremely excessive reaction to their presence. Sue made things go crazy in both situations pulling the Mommy dearest card and getting all mad and putting out physical threats.

Spectacular Member

Sorry ,didn't mean to try to speak for you. It seemed to me the obvious parallel. In fact when I first read those panels , it was the first thing that came to mind and I must say I felt physically sick. I suppose in modern parlence you could say I was " triggered"
    I rather assumed that was the parallel the writers were aiming at.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    at the hands of Cassandra Nova giving direct orders to the Sentinels created by the Trusk you say? the Sentinels created by Bolivar Trusk and his mutant son Larry Trusk.

Repeat with me . Sentinels were created with the help of mutants. A mutant and a Human can be blamed for all the deaths created for the Sentinels. In fact those Wild Sentinels had to be created by Larry. Bolivar only was able to create the prototypes while larry was the one who expanded the Sentinel program. And the fact that they only regonize Trusk DNA was a specifiation created by Larry after the first Sentinels betrayed his father

Let's not forget Shaw and how many Sentinels he built...and how much money he made off selling them to the government.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    "Race" and I'm using the term loosely here, shouldn't factor into whether or not Franklin and Valeria are to be retrieve to their parents.
    They are minors who have disappeared from their family, full stop.
    Scott is missing the point of the situation when talking about birthright and implying one would be welcome on his island but not the other, it's a non-factor to anyone else but him in this scene and speaks volume on his priorities.
    And please, Krakoa a safe space? Franklin wasn't safe living with his parents maybe? That too is irrelevant to this discussion.
    Exactly...Franklin is a minor...he does not get to make decisions on where he lives. When he turns 18 and becomes an adult he can make those decisions.

As if Krakoan pie eating contests aren’t culture. Gurl, bye.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Yeah but outside of Magneto they were not a threat. Bishop and Pyro were just tagging along with the Marauders crew, I guess.
    My point is: the FF had an extremely excessive reaction to their presence. Sue made things go crazy in both situations pulling the Mommy dearest card and getting all mad and putting out physical threats.
    The mutants came en mass to convince her underage son to leave his loving family and live on an island where he knows 5 people distantly. Letting Frankie live with Power Pack would be more sensible than that. Of course Sue reacted horribly. I don't know any loving mother who wouldn't lash out at the people trying to brainwash her already troubled son into a major life decision that honestly isn't his to make since he's a minor.

Also... Do the mutants care about Franklin or just his powers? The FF love him. Krakoa wants a resource.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    The mutants came en mass to convince her underage son to leave his loving family and live on an island where he knows 5 people distantly. Letting Frankie live with Power Pack would be more sensible than that. Of course Sue reacted horribly. I don't know any loving mother who wouldn't lash out at the people trying to brainwash her already troubled son into a major life decision that honestly isn't his to make since he's a minor.

Also... Do the mutants care about Franklin or just his powers? The FF love him. Krakoa wants a resource.
    While i do agree with them being shady, there are mutants like kate that care about him.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Sue and Reed were not asking the X-men to collaborate with them, they were implying "you kidnaped my children now get them back to me" and Scott was like nope, we don´t have your children and it just scalated from here.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022