Page 47 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Wrong people, they were villains but didn't killed Kitty. Thisis the problem with extreme violence, you can target the wrong people out of anger.
    Funny that it was aother mutant that killed kitty
    We know that but Bobby doesn't know that. And let's be real here, Bobby is probably the last X-Man to do something so brutal but he was in painful mourning. I don't like the extreme violence either but I understand what happens when all you see is red. This is the same group allied with someone shouting "Death To Gene Junk! For Verendi!" while throwing a grenade. Had Bishop not intercepted it, the ship would have sunk.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

The scary thing is, how long will the X-Men believe a human killed Kitty? How many people are going to die before they figure out the truth? And then what will happen to Shaw?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    It's weird that both are kind of isolated, even before the Fox shenanigans. The FF were often not involved or reacting to things that they should be.
    I feel like we currently have a crop of writers and editors who are trying to tie everything together, but the thing is, people just want to create what they want. Coordinating can be difficult, especially if you try and do it across dozens of creative teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It’s not so much about use of violence but rather the degree that they escalate it. I won’t disagree that violence against those who deserve it is okay and mostly what heroes tend to do especially when pushed. It’s just that in some of these instances like this where they’re going beyond what’s needed where it becomes concerning.

That’s the problem there. Is escalating the violence really going to stop the likes of them? This is a universe that has dealt with the likes of the Brotherhood, the Mutant Liberation Front, etc in the past and they certainly weren’t against use of lethal violence. Those who are against mutants as is are just gonna see this as further mutant violence in which they’ll step up their game in response. It’s essentially a damned either way scenario but with increased violence only making the situation worse. As they’ll find justification for what they do in the face of it.
    Quoting the full reply since I want to answer to the whole thing hahaha

Yeah I do agree that Bobby was extreme and was in the wrongest of places when he ripped the arm off. Really lost control and should have stopped before.

But I think that they need to hit Verendi, Xeno and Orchis really hard at this point. They're already doing too much and gaining too much advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    The scary thing is, how long will the X-Men believe a human killed Kitty? How many people are going to die before they figure out the truth? And then what will happen to Shaw?

Bishop is investigating instead of unleashing his anger under humans just because humans are bad and killers.
    far more productive

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post
    And yet at no point did he ever share that information.
    Instead just tried to make the FF let the Sabretooth go, and let them think mutants were stealing their stuff and killing people for no reason.
    I really think you need to go back and re-read the issues because this revisionist version is a little bit disingenuous.

Cyclops had no information about Orchis at that time the most that he knew was the fact that Sabertooth was on a secret mission and was captured by the FF. Under the new amnesty Cyclops was well within his legal rights to take custody of Sabertooth Reed was the one who said NO breaking the law and refusing to hand Sabertooth over and instead of it escalating into a brawl in the streets of New York Cyclops relented. They then sent Emma Frost to gain custody of Sabertooth in a more legal showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post
    And yet at no point did he ever share that information.
    Instead just tried to make the FF let the Sabretooth go, and let them think mutants were stealing their stuff and killing people for no reason.

You're mad because Scott didnt give the F4 a play by play of what needed to be done on a secret mission?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It’s not so much about use of violence but rather the degree that they escalate it. I won’t disagree that violence against those who deserve it is okay and mostly what heroes tend to do especially when pushed. It’s just that in some of these instances like this where they’re going beyond what’s needed where it becomes concerning.

That’s the problem there. Is escalating the violence really going to stop the likes of them? This is a universe that has dealt with the likes of the Brotherhood, the Mutant Liberation Front, etc in the past and they certainly weren’t against use of lethal violence. Those who are against mutants as is are just gonna see this as further mutant violence in which they’ll step up their game in response. It’s essentially a damned either way scenario but with increased violence only making the situation worse. As they’ll find justification for what they do in the face of it.
    I get what you're saying but to me the difference here is that we now have a [mostly] globally recognized nation that is delivering meds. So I can understand it being even more frustrating to have to defend yourself when you're trying to trade in peace.

Extraordinary Member

Bishop is investigating instead of unleashing his anger under humans just because humans are bad and killers.
    far more productive
    And even he was clearly disturbed by how Bobby was acting

Bishop is the MVP and we all know that.

far more productive
    So if you showed up to a scene and your friend is outnumbered by men with guns, you're going to investigate them? Gurl, bye.

Although it was out of character. One's of Bobby's best friends, xgf, team mates was murdered.

Some of you are being way too holier than thou.

Those guys are paid to kill mutants.

Also when Bobby finds out it was actually Shaw. I think both him and Storm and possibly Emma will F*** **** up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Why should he tell them State secrets? Reed is not telling even his wife that he's experimenting on his son and Scott is required to spill Krakoan plans to the former Illuminati member?

There's a bit of a double standard since the FF can do whatever they want but the X-Men need to be friendly to them. Plus if you reread that convo, Scott actually defused the situation and handed them Sabretooth all the while being all smiles and mazel tovs.
    So basically the Fantastic Four don't have a right to know why people are trying to steal their stuff and murdering people to do it, especially when they'd happily hand over the plans and help if they knew what was happening

And no, the only person Scott was being amicable to was Ben, he was condescending down to everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    So if you showed up to a scene and your friend is outnumbered by men with guns, you're going to investigate them? Gurl, bye.
    And Bishop specifically requested help while investigating and he got it. Then Bobby went crazy lol but Bishop was definitely going to get killed on that both if they didn't get there.
    Last edited by Veitha; 02-22-2020 at 03:14 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    And even he was clearly disturbed by how Bobby was acting
    Tbh that's the role Duggan has him playing it seems, he did the same thing when Kate maimed those soldiers earlier.

Duggan just seems a fan of using brutality in his fight scenes. We have Kate phasing weapons through people bodies, Lockheed eating someone's fingers, Storm stabbing a guy through his eye, etc.

They dealt with Sabretooth for murdering humans. It's like you cherry pick pieces of the story to form your arguments.

And people got butthurt about how that was handled too.

Can't please everyone.