Page 20 of 92 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    People don't know, but she's aggressive. Especially when it comes to her kids. It's nothing to do with it being mutants. She was even more aggressive with the Avengers in Robinson's run a few years back.
    Yes, it remember that when they took custody of Franklin and Valeria, not even all the Avengers could with her.

Sue was throwing Hulk and Thor as if they were rag dolls. She is terrifying.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    "Race" and I'm using the term loosely here, shouldn't factor into whether or not Franklin and Valeria are to be retrieve to their parents.
    They are minors who have disappeared from their family, full stop.
    Scott is missing the point of the situation when talking about birthright and implying one would be welcome on his island but not the other, it's a non-factor to anyone else but him in this scene and speaks volume on his priorities.
    And please, Krakoa a safe space? Franklin wasn't safe living with his parents maybe? That too is irrelevant to this discussion.
    It is a sign of honesty. Scott is noting that even if they were the villains that Reed and Sue think they are, they would not hide Valeria. It is an important factor for that discussion. Reed and Sue believe that Scott is lying and that he has their children, Scott notes how ridiculous the idea is.

You don't seem to know what a safe space is. It is not "physically safe", they are places where you can be with people like you openly without fear of being judged by outsiders. Can Franklin talk openly about mutants and Krakoa with his parents? It does not seem so, because his first reaction is to escape.

BANNED

sue implies they might have killed valeria off since they value her life less, wich is pretty vile to even assume no matter what .

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    sue implies they might have killed valeria off since they value her life less, wich is pretty vile to even assume no matter what .
    I prefer to think that Sue is accusing them of having her kidnapped, which is also quite messed up.

If Sue was really accusing Scott of killing her daughter to hide her son, that would be pure paranoia.

That is not what she is implying at all. There is no need to try and escalate things more than the comic itself does.
    Plus if she thought they killed Val, this interaction would be going very differently...
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Anyway, considering that we know that Sue and Reed are going to end up discovering that Scott was telling them the truth, I don't know how they will continue from there.

Scott has been accused of being a liar and kidnapper.

Of course in the end there will be team up to face Doom but that will not fix the accusations made.

BANNED

brian braddock will continue to be the humbo supreme in krakoa

he was just being honest in making sure they understood they were telling the truth, cause if valeria was in krakoa she wouldnt be allowed to stay, its showing the cards to show that they truly are not there.
    He was missing the point.
    Again, the both of them are minors. Mutant or not mutant, they are minors. They are Under the responsibility of their parents.
    Scott should have said he would send back both kids to their parents as a result, regardless of their race. By saying he won't do that, he's proving Sue right in not trusting him.

But then instead of understanding they truly are not in the island, since no humans rule, and coming up with a solution to track them down, like cerebro, sue focuses on the "ofense" to valerias value and ends the conversation, cause the idea humans arent allowed is more wrath inducing than the danger at hand.
    No, it's wrath inducing because Scott admits he's willing to tear appart her family over his political and personal belief of mutant/sapien separatism.

and like how does any of what she says coorelate??? that because they dont care about humans they killed valeria instead of returning her to them?
    It correlates because Cyclops 'friends showed up at the Richards' home to try and take away one of their children over their beliefs in mutant/sapiens relations last issue, and now Cyclops admits he won't send back to Sue her son over his belief in mutant/sapiens relations as well, despite Franklin still being a minor.
    Sue has every right to distrust his lot at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It is a sign of honesty. Scott is noting that even if they were the villains that Reed and Sue think they are, they would not hide Valeria. It is an important factor for that discussion. Reed and Sue believe that Scott is lying and that he has their children, Scott notes how ridiculous the idea is.
    No, they Believe that Scott has an agenda, like his friends last issue, and he admitted he cared more about said agenda than about the Richards' family the moment he started spouting his nonsense about birthright and how he would send back only Valeria over her genetics, instead of sending back BOTH kids for the simple Reason that they are minors and belongs with their family.

You don't seem to know what a safe space is. It is not "physically safe", they are places where you can be with people like you openly without fear of being judged by outsiders. Can Franklin talk openly about mutants and Krakoa with his parents? It does not seem so, because his first reaction is to escape.
    I know what a safe space is, my point was and still is that it's irrelevant to the discussion we are having with him running away with his sister, hence why I ignored that angle.
    The only thing to consider when talking about "safe" is whether or not he and his sister were endangered by their parents while living with them. That's all.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

I feel like people are reading subtext instead of the text in the preview. Scott did not say what most people are saying he said.

Again, the both of them are minors. Mutant or not mutant, they are minors. They are Under the responsibility of their parents.
    Scott should have said he would send back both kids to their parents as a result, regardless of their race. By saying he won't do that, he's proving Sue right in not trusting him.

No, it's wrath inducing because Scott admits he's willing to tear appart her family over his political and personal belief of mutant/sapien separatism.

It correlates because Cyclops 'friends showed up at the Richards' home to try and take away one of their children over their beliefs in mutant/sapiens relations last issue, and now Cyclops admits he won't send back to Sue her son over his belief in mutant/sapiens relations as well, despite Franklin still being a minor.
    Sue has every right to distrust his lot at the moment.

No, they Believe that Scott has an agenda, like his friends last issue, and he admitted he cared more about said agenda than about the Richards' family the moment he started spouting his nonsense about birthright and how he would send back only Valeria over her genetics, instead of sending back BOTH kids for the simple Reason that they are minors and belongs with their family.

I know what a safe space is, my point was and still is that it's irrelevant to the discussion we are having with him running away with his sister, hence why I ignored that angle.
    The only thing to consider when talking about "safe" is whether or not he and his sister were endangered by their parents while living with them. That's all.
    When did he say he valued Franklin's life more than Valeria? You're reading into it. He said he'd let them know if they came on the island especially since Valeria is a human and they're not taking human runaways or refugees on the island. Then she went all "mUh ChiLdREn aRE boTh PerFEct" and cut him off before he could finish talking. If she hadn't gone full Karen, they could have worked together and found them super fast (mutants have Cerebra tech so it would have been a matter of seconds)

Reed altered his son's genetic footprint without his consent. Your children are your responsibility but they are also people, they are not your property.

The parallels that come out with what Reed did with Franklin are not pleasant.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Oh, goody, another round of "Us whi... I mean, humans are the true victims!!!"

Cyke should've gone "Susan, not so long ago, mutants were being inoculated into extinction, beaten to death in the streets and gunned down in the sewers. Sorry not sorry, but I'm not going to lose sleep over forgetting to gush over your other kid who will never have to worry about this stuff."

Reed altered his son's genetic footprint without his consent. Your children are your responsibility but they are also people, they are not your property.
    Hmm, no, my understanding is that he created a machine that masks Franklin X-gene, he didn't alter it.
    Still a d-move, mind, but I'm not talking about that d-move from Reed anyway.
    He's still Franklin's father and everything he does is to protect his family, not endanger it.
    Besides, he was called out on it by everyone the moment the cat was out of the bag, so I'm pretty sure he knows he made a mistake at this point.

The parallels that come out with what Reed did with Franklin are not pleasant.
    What parallels precisely?
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    In the next panel, Sue also wants to know where her White History Month is, when she can march in her Straight Pride Parade and when she can celebrate English during Anglo Heritage Month.
    Hmm, no, my understanding is that he created a machine that masks Franklin X-gene, he didn't alter it.
    Still a d-move, mind, but I'm not talking about that d-move from Reed anyway.
    He's still Franklin's father and everything he does is to protect his family, not endanger it.
    Besides, he was called out on it by everyone the moment the cat was out of the bag, so I'm pretty sure he knows he made a mistake at this point.

What parallels precisely?
    Gay conversion therapy.