Page 80 of 92 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1372
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    But again, this is sort of insane. Because it assumes that mutants are more trustworthy than nonmutants and Magneto is willing to sacrifice children to prove it.

And fans are OK with it.
    Mutants are more trustworthy when it comes to not wanting to blow other mutants the f up. How is that confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    To be fair, don't we all sort of want to shoot him in the face sometimes?
    Hmm not really, no.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Mutants are more trustworthy when it comes to not wanting to blow other mutants the f up. How is that confusing.
    And we've so far seen that Black Tom, Gorgon, Callisto, Pyro, Exodus and •-[A]-• believe in Krakoa. The whole thing could of course blow up but so far no evidence of that. Shaw is just a @$&% who wants money and power.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Dude sometimes Im convinced that some people are just really committed to the reeeeeeal slow chill troll life. But then it never ceases to amaze the depths of human self involvement
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    And we've so far seen that Black Tom, Gorgon, Callisto, Pyro, Exodus and •-[A]-• believe in Krakoa. The whole thing could of course blow up but so far no evidence of that. Shaw is just a @$&% who wants money and power.
    Sure trust them. what can go wrong? shaw was just the first

Extraordinary Member

It ain't like the Marauders slaughtered the Morlocks right...Ain't like Black Tom...running around all noble and shit now...murdered Sammy Pare. I am sure they are all trustworthy.

And respect...
    Hellfire Club and the J.U.N.I.O.R. Mafia should link both are based in New York, both have strong scantily dressed females as a mouthpiece

GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    And respect...
    Hellfire Club and the J.U.N.I.O.R. Mafia should link both are based in New York, both have strong scantily dressed females as a mouthpiece

I was legit listening to MPR yesterday at the gym. Not kidding at all. You just gave me life, sir.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Regardless of their upbringing, they are still the targets of this just for being born the way they are.

So if one is not the target of this, they are privileged. Especially evident when they question the plight of the mutants and why they're doing what they're doing to protect themselves.
    Isn't this from the GN God Loves Man Kills? I seem to remember it from that. Okay you have to go outside of comic book land and consider the reality of the publishing multiple comics with different themes. So let's address your complaint about the non-mutant superhero community. Mega Crossover begins and all the heroes who are not mutants band together to address the plight of the mutants. Together they fight and defeat the agents of hate and prejudice. Everybody's happy. End of story. Is that very realistic? Of course not because in the RW we attempt to address it with the rule of law. But that's doesn't make for a very entertaining comic.

The second solution proposed earlier is no better. So now you have the other scenario where there is steady stream of guest star appearances of Spider-Man, Cap, the Fantastic Four, the Avengers, and so forth to help save the day. Do you want that? You know fans would complain that they didn't want their beloved X-Men depending on other heroes to save them would you?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Isn't this from the GN God Loves Man Kills? I seem to remember it from that. Okay you have to go outside of comic book land and consider the reality of the publishing multiple comics with different themes. So let's address your complaint about the non-mutant superhero community. Mega Crossover begins and all the heroes who are not mutants band together to address the plight of the mutants. Together they fight and defeat the agents of hate and prejudice. Everybody's happy. End of story. Is that very realistic? Of course not because in the RW we attempt to address it with the rule of law. But that's doesn't make for a very entertaining comic.

The second solution proposed earlier is no better. So now you have the other scenario where there is steady stream of guest star appearances of Spider-Man, Cap, the Fantastic Four, the Avengers, and so forth to help save the day. Do you want that? You know fans would complain that they didn't want their beloved X-Men depending on other heroes to save them would you?
    I agree that it has everything to do with how the writers/editors want to compose the stories. But the original question was about why posters felt Sue was showing her privilege. So I showed the plight of the mutants and how, by questioning Scott with "what are you all thinking?", she's showing her privilege and doesn't understand where they are coming from. But I also said that I don't think it makes much sense for Sue and the other heroes to ignore anyone in peril, but that's what we have currently.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I agree that it has everything to do with how the writers/editors want to compose the stories. But the original question was about why posters felt Sue was showing her privilege. So I showed the plight of the mutants and how, by questioning Scott with "what are you all thinking?", she's showing her privilege and doesn't understand where they are coming from. But I also said that I don't think it makes much sense for Sue and the other heroes to ignore anyone in peril, but that's what we have currently.
    Okay but then I went back to the issue on Marvel Unlimited. I am behind in my reading (except on the Doom series of course) but I did read the first two issues of House of X but have not gone back to catch up.

I also don't want to page back to find the page you posted so I snagged the image. Here is the page before .....Reed mentions some pretty serious crimes committed by Cyclops confederates (for lack of a better term. I doubt they are bosom buddies) like seriously injuring or killing some of the guards of the facility they broke into. Cyclops unrealistically propose amnesty.

Now what does Sue say in answer to Cyclops statement......

So is this the "evidence" we're indicting her with?

I don't know about you but that doesn't constitute willing ignorance or whatever. If that's anyone's evidence then do yourself a favor and never undertake criminal law. Is Sue even privy to what Charles said in a private meeting with representatives of France, China, etc.?

Considering what happened to his fellow mutants when they are all gathered in the same place, I'd wonder what they were thinking too. Or maybe they should look around to see if there are hidden stockpiles of Flavor-Aid on Krakoa. For all she knows, it could be another Jonestown.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-24-2020 at 07:35 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Sure trust them. what can go wrong? shaw was just the first
    Don't ignore the actual message of the post to make your misguided point. When was Shaw during any point in the DoX presented as anything more than greedy power hungry businessman with a grudge?

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Don't ignore the actual message of the post to make your misguided point. When was Shaw during any point in the DoX presented as anything more than greedy power hungry businessman with a grudge?
    SAme for apocalypse wanting more power and colonizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Okay but then I went back to the issue on Marvel Unlimited. I am behind in my reading (except on the Doom series of course) but I did read the first two issues of House of X but have not gone back to catch up.

I also don't want to page back to find the page you posted so I snagged the image. Here is the page before .....Reed mentions some pretty serious crimes committed by Cyclops confederates (for lack of a better term. I doubt they are bosom buddies) like seriously injuring or killing some of the guards of the facility they broke into. Cyclops unrealistically propose amnesty.

Now what does Sue say in answer to Cyclops statement......I've circled that part.

It may seem unrealistic to them but we know that's how amnesty works. He ends up letting them take Creed so fast forward to the mini and Sue's questioning is the same, questioning what the mutants are doing but not understanding their goal is protect their kind, not to act out just for the sake of acting superior. I think the two books are purposely linked for this. I don't love the characterization happening but I believe Hickman, who is steering the X-ship right now, wants this narrative to play out between them and Sue is being used as that character that doesn't understand why the mutants are doing what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    SAme for apocalypse wanting more power and colonizing.
    But why? What have we learned about the connection with Otherworld and Arrako? •-[A]-• has pledged to protect both his children on Arrako and Krakoa. The barrier holding the demon horde back, along with his original Horsemen, is soon to break according to his grandchild, the Summoner.