Page 33 of 92 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    It's interesting that you chose to use the word drugs rather than medicines or pharmaceuticals. They obviosly have different overtones.I vividly remember the time at an airport when I told security I needed to keep the bag with my drugs with me.
    Oh, I definitely used that term deliberately. If the Krakoans were selling the chemicals because they genuinely cared about humans' well being, they'd be medicines. Since the chemicals are being sold as part of an overarching plan to make Krakoa indispensable to humanity then use the proceeds to buy and remake the human world, they're drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post
    And the Avengers are trying to stop Earth from being destroyed by a cosmic fire chicken.
    What are the X-Men trying to do besides manipulating a kid into joining their side?

See?
    This is my point, its either agree or leave.
    I'd like to talk about the X-Men without constantly needing to hear about how all the other Marvel heroes are flatscans and how every Marvel property is worthless compared to the X-men
    You just announced that this is your least favorite board and YOU called people here obnoxious at the beginning of the thread. Quit trying to start trouble and focus on the comics if you want to be taken seriously.

And what are the X-Men doing? Oh nothing, just trying to stop their people from being murdered. No biggie.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    What is more self-serving, using your incredible science to satisfy your own curiosity by exploring alternative universes, which has a virtually zero impact on the life of a normal person in the 616 universe or using your science to cure diseases such as Alzheimer's and cancer?
    When Reed starts selling drugs to make money to reeducate the planet that the Inhumans are its rightful inheritors, we'll talk.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

What is more self-serving, using your incredible science to satisfy your own curiosity by exploring alternative universes, which has a virtually zero impact on the life of a normal person in the 616 universe or using your science to cure diseases such as Alzheimer's and cancer?
    Also forgetting to tell your two best friends that you’re gone.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Oh, I definitely used that term deliberately. If the Krakoans were selling the chemicals because they genuinely cared about humans' well being, they'd be medicines. Since the chemicals are being sold as part of an overarching plan to make Krakoa indispensable to humanity then use the proceeds to buy and remake the human world, they're drugs.
    Those "chemicals" have done more to improve the health of humans on Earth in a couple of months than any Reed invention in his entire life.

Reed is the definition of self-serving science. He is only interested in satisfying his curiosity and the rest of humanity "is not prepared." The only difference is that Xavier admits that he is selfish and that his medicines work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    And what are the X-Men doing? Oh nothing, just trying to stop their people from being murdered. No biggie.
    And any and every action is justified to ensure their survival? Next we'll see a M-Cloud wafting over the planet forcefully converting people with latent X-genes and killing those unfortunate enough not to be mutant enough, and this board will be clapping and cheering and sipping on that Krak-tea, hunty.

And no the FF are not bigots/racists, good God people. Is there something to be said for the lack of interaction in combatting anti-mutant events over the years? Especially when their closest friends and their own son belong to that community? Most certainly. Is there a potentiality that implicit bias comes into play regarding their perspective on mutantkind. Maybe so. Is Sue sounding ridiculous for accusing the mutants of racism against her daughter when her, her daughter and her entire come from a place of immense privilege and non-persecution? Hell yes. But the Fantastic Four have not, are not, and will never be “anti-mutant bigots”. That is unless you choose to ignore the majority of their interactions with mutantkind since helping Jean in the DPS and even before. Let’s not jump the ultimate nullifier on that one because that’s a big statement.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    You just announced that this is your least favorite board and YOU called people here obnoxious at the beginning of the thread. Quit trying to start trouble and focus on the comics if you want to be taken seriously.

You just prove my exact point, pretending that everything the X-Men are doing are right and good, and acting like people here don't like that when they do

Interpretation. In my eyes the mutants haven't been able to figure out how to stop humans from killing them so they've landed on offering a miraculous gift in hopes they can have peace. And even that is struggling to work.

Those "chemicals" have done more to improve the health of humans on Earth in a couple of months than any Reed invention in his entire life.

Reed is the definition of self-serving science. He is only interested in satisfying his curiosity and the rest of humanity "is not prepared." The only difference is that Xavier admits that he is selfish and that his medicines work.
    ALL of Marvel's science has been self-serving! Where was Tony's advanced tech when people apart from Misty needed prostheses? By the same token... Where was Xavier and the legions [heh] of X-telepaths when there are millions of mentally ill people across the planet who need just a psi-tweak to be better? Where was Storm when people were drowning in monsoons or starving because of no rain or getting their trailer parks destroyed by tornadoes?

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post
    You just prove my exact point, pretending that everything the X-Men are doing are right and good, and acting like people here don't like that when they do
    You said the X-Men are doing nothing but stealing a kid. That is incorrect. They are trying to stop the murder of their children by building a safe haven that is recognized by the United Nations so they can enjoy peace.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Your argument might make more sense if humanity wasn't trying to exterminate mutants at damn near every turn. To add a little perspective, using the Krakoan drugs (I use the term because i'm too lazy to type medicines or pharmaceuticals) to purchase goodwill and using the revenue to promote a pro-mutant agenda would still qualify it as the most altruistic act in the history of the human race.

BANNED

Less speedreading more critical thinking.

When Reed starts selling drugs to make money to reeducate the planet that the Inhumans are its rightful inheritors, we'll talk.
    Well that would be a lie. Whereas mutantkind’s plight/presumption of being the next step in human evolution is fact. So that would be a difference.

ALL of Marvel's science has been self-serving! Where was Tony's advanced tech when people apart from Misty needed prostheses? By the same token... Where was Xavier and the legions [heh] of X-telepaths when there are millions of mentally ill people across the planet who need just a psi-tweak to be better? Where was Storm when people were drowning in monsoons or starving because of no rain or getting their trailer parks destroyed by tornadoes?
    Well, Xavier has decided to change that and Reed doesn't seem to like it. He comments upset that it is Xavier's fault that the world has changed dramatically.