Page 74 of 92 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1372

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    just take mars and make em jelly
    then flex on it and change jupiters composition to solid to harbor life
    Yeah i was refering to Mars, closer to Earth, new cities, you are not bound to reality like Earth ect...

Jupiter gravity would be a problem, currently he works perfectly as our asteroid shield, just terraform some of the moons.

Spectacular Member

I know this is off topic , but I've believed this for years. The mutants should leave the planet ,in fact the solar system .
    The Shi ar could help them find a world , it need not be a perfect one now they have Krakoa for terraforming.
    A contingent could be left on Earth ( with rotating tours of duty) to protect new mutants until they can be transported , and to try to help those who chose to stay. (Of course some x men might choose to stay permanently rather than rotate).

As I say , sorry off topic , but it always seemed the obvious option to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    Yeah i was refering to Mars, closer to Earth, new cities, you are not bound to reality like Earth ect...

Jupiter gravity would be a problem, currently he works perfectly as our asteroid shield, just terraform some of the moons.
    hence the flex, muties would fix it up just to flex

Spectacular Member

Actually what happened to Lila Cheney and he Dyson sphere ?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    Actually what happened to Lila Cheney and he Dyson sphere ?
    If they want off Earth it would be all they need.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    What's this now??
    The naked lion wrestling stuff happened back when he was trying to make his way make into the universe of Earth Prime. He was marooned back on Franklin's Heroes Reborn planet when he and Reed teamed up to defeat the Dreaming Celestial in the latter part of Chris Claremont's FF run (an underrated one IMO). The Dreaming Celestial got payback by trapping Reed in Doom's armor and then sending Doom back to Franklin's planet. Sort of like he was creating the pilot for Naked and Afraid. You're welcome to ask anything else in the Doom thread before I got tossed for derailment I keep meaning to start a convo over there about Doom vs the Animal Kingdom. He did kill a Yeti once on his trek to Tibet before becoming Doom.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-24-2020 at 12:01 PM.

The problem is Magneto and Quire are also outliers, when this debate happens we see always the same examples, the "elite" yeah, Omegas and Telepaths, i can get behind that, some abilities like Teleport and Regeneration, amazing but what about the others ??

Taking away the omegas (they are almost godlike) the only ones who feel like the next step in evolution are Telepaths, it fits, the rest...well, it depends of the mutant.
    No Magneto and Jean Grey are not the outliers. I switch out Quire because you know what is coming.

Magneto- produced Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch and Lorna. Quicksilver produced Luna, Scarlet Witch produced Nocturne. Even if we are just counting Lorna. She is just as powerful as her father

Jean Grey produced Cable and Rachel Grey. Cable produced Genesis, Rachel Grey produce Hyperstorm

We aren't talking about outliers it is pretty consistent. What is Krakoa third "law"? there is a good reason for that but we will talk about that more below

Eye-Boy is usefull but, would you like to be eye-boy ??

Im sure Glob has an utility, somewhere but who would want to be like him ?? this is when the x-gene put the asterisk in the word superior. They are still human, you can see how happy was Beak when he regain his mutation.
    You are missing something about the convo. Yeah eyeboy and glob powers "sucks" you wouldn't kinda want them to not have kids in mutant gene pool but we aren't going to the eugenics route here. Lets just for fun say Mystique and Glob have a kid what do think happens basically the downside of Glob power,it will probably be gone with shapeshifting in the mix. As the mutant community mixes together have kids the traits and abilities get past along eventually bad powers are negated by good ones. Yes that will take awhile to happen but even before they hit that point two mutants with "useless" powers their offspring can be something useful like say Cypher/Sage or Banshee/Dazzler. But the main point is at some point for mutant species the genetic lottery is going to be hit with Wolverine "Regeneration", Mystique "Shapeshifting" , M "perfection",Elixir "healing",etc becoming common negating the very issues.Going hey just look this mutant power sucks isn't the whole picture.And with mutants not dying they are going to have a chance to reproduce a lot.Mutants being "superior" convo is never about the first and second generation.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-24-2020 at 12:33 PM.

Handled by Jamie and Proteus before breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    The naked lion wrestling stuff happened back when he was trying to make his way make into the universe of Earth Prime. He was marooned back on Franklin's Heroes Reborn planet when he and Reed teamed up to defeat the Dreaming Celestial in the latter part of Chris Claremont's FF run (an underrated one IMO). The Dreaming Celestial got payback by trapping Reed in Doom's armor and then sending Doom back to Franklin's planet. Sort of like he was creating the pilot for Naked and Afraid. You're welcome to ask anything else in the Doom thread before I got tossed for derailment I keep meaning to start a convo over there about Doom vs the Animal Kingdom. He did kill a Yeti once on his trek to Tibet before becoming Doom.
    Thanks for the info! Well alright, Doom. He shall be granted a daypass to Krakoa if he wears that outfit.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    No Magneto and Jean Grey are not the outliers. I switch out Quire because you know what is coming.

Magneto- produced Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch and Lorna. Quicksilver produced Luna, Scarlet Witch produced Nocturne. Even if we are just counting Lorna. She is just as powerful as her father

Jean Grey produced Cable and Rachel Grey. Cable produced Genesis, Rachel Grey produce Hyperstorm

We aren't talking about outliers it is pretty consistent. What is Krakoa third "law"? there is a good reason for that but we will talk about that more below

You are missing something about the convo. Yeah eyeboy and glob powers "sucks" you wouldn't kinda want them to not have kids in mutant gene pool but we aren't going to the eugenics route here. Lets just for fun say Mystique and Glob have a kid what do think happens basically the downside of Glob power,it will probably be gone with shapeshifting in the mix. As the mutant community mixes together have kids the traits and abilities get past along eventually bad powers are negated by good ones. Yes that will take awhile to happen but even before they hit that point two mutants with "useless" powers their offspring can be something useful like say Cypher/Sage or Banshee/Dazzler. But the main point is at some point for mutant species the genetic lottery is going to be hit with Wolverine "Regeneration", Mystique "Shapeshifting" , M "perfection",Elixir "healing",etc becoming common negating the very issues.Going hey just look this mutant power sucks isn't the whole picture.And with mutants not dying they are going to have a chance to reproduce a lot.Mutants being "superior" convo is never about the first and second generation.
    genetics doesn't work this way.

Also eugenics is pretty bad to defend on th eopen

You're welcome

Just want to add one more thing....anyone that equates Susan with a "Karen" is talking out of an orifice other than their mouth. She was not born of privilege. She and Johnny lived with their aunt in her boarding house after their mother died and their father slid into alcoholism and ended up in prison for manslaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    You're welcome

Just want to add one more thing....anyone that equates Susan with a "Karen" is talking out of an orifice other than their mouth. She was not born of privilege. She and Johnny lived with their aunt in her boarding house after their mother died and their father slid into alcoholism and ended up in prison for manslaughter.
    Privilege doesn’t mean your life is automatically easy, it means you don’t have to worry about systems disproportionately disadvantaging you in very, very dehumanizing ways.

* opens up his not-oral oriphice*

And she's acting like a Karen here, regardless of her past life.

They are still outliers, childs of the omegas, in the case of cable and rachel they dont even come from the same reality, Hyperstorm is the son of Rachel and the strongest mutant ever. Half of them belongs to the Summers-Grey saga.

They are not an accurate representation of mutantkind as a whole, baseline humans are closer to normal mutants that normal mutants are closer to these guys.

The genetic lottery is still a lottery, Graydon Creed is the son of Mystique and Sabretooth, Luna doesnt inherit the power of his father.

Marvel loves the idea of giving the sons of some popular characters the powers of their fathers, but is not the rule. There is no indication that the shitty powers are going to go away.

Only quote this part because it shows you are missing the point. FICTION. Mutant Nickname "Smarter than Stephen Hawking man" Mutant Powers: Smarter than Stephen Hawking. That is how fiction works

And no I didn't make a mistake with Prodigy if you have to ask how person who can acquire the knowledge Dr Doom, Reed, Iron Man and any genius on earth is better than original I don't know what to say. It doesn't matter where he gets it from, He can collect it all and has access to it all. Prodigy was walking around with all acquire knowledge of the Avengers and X-men and Marvel not knowing what to do with him sat him in limbo instead of putting him up front in books.
    No, I have to admit Prodigy is a pretty obscure reference for me. Even in the world of fiction, there is a lot of trial and error in the sciences. "A thousand experiments, A thousand failures" if you prefer a fictional scientist like Jack Griffin in the Invisible Man. Maybe if would help if you can give something he created on his own, or made better.

Extraordinary Member

Part of my problem here is that, well, don't a oot of the X-Men come from a place of privilege? Warren is rich AF and has a pretty lovely mutation, Jean Grey is gorgeous and smart and could have easily led a pretty amazing life without the X-Men, Bobby is white enough and his powers don't really have a bad side, Xavier is rich AF and his powers are great, Scott is a white man, and I could go on.