Page 63 of 92 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    see it gets tricky here because then we have Reed suppressing Franklin's biology against his will because he wanted to keep him close. we can play this game for days (which seems to be happening in this thread anyways lol) because obviously neither side took the 100% "right" course of actions. What the x-men did, or at the very least Kitty, was take the time to listen to what Franklin wanted to do and discuss it with him, which definitely doesn't constitute kidnapping imo and provides him with a level of respect his family didn't seem to
    Though on the other hand, it could also be said that the X-Men to some degree manipulated the situation like a masterful game of chess in a way that tensions would escalate and that Franklin would want to go with them. That they had backed off when it became apparent that the ball was in their court after the revelation of what Reed had done further puts them at an advantage in that. Now they probably didn’t anticipate him running away, but it does still place him closer to their own grasp.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Without his parents' knowledge. Nor accord. Whilst being part of ŕ group whose goal is To have him On the island.
    You never sbuch out without your parents knowing? ShˇT when Pinocchio was on that island for had kids No one yelled Kidnapper at the poor Lil donkey boy (Gah that part is scary AF)

And that was wrong too, only made tolerable because those kids were abused or endangered by their parents/guardians, countrary To Franklin and the Richards..
    Jean Grey wasn't How is the pitch to get her to Xavier's any different
    Franklin is a minor. His family take cares of him. The Kraked should have ignored him until his 18. The end.
    Not if he's a danger to himself or others not if his guardians are preventing him getting help with said problems
    When the asking and the help-offering comes from an agenda and power-hungry people instead of being disinterested, yes, it is pathetic.
    You mean like a school sport? Or Church? It Pvt school?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    place that their parents cannot follow.
    Thats literally not a thing
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    If Anya is brought back to life in Krakoa, she would retcon as a mutant. It is what they did with "X-men: Apocalypse", the movie.
    They prefer Magneto as a unrepentant supremacist than a complex figure lately.

Look at unrepentant supremacist Magneto greenlighting and encouraging other mutants to endanger their lives to save humankind. So mean. So nasty and so rude.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I think this is the sort of thing Hickman would like to introduce to produce natural tension, especially since Magneto is seen as the protector of mutants from the humans. Last time something like this happened ie Luna´s birth, he went on to become the New Mutants headmaster, this time it would be the beggining of a more clear stance on the relationship with regular humans between Krakoa and the rest of the world given I doubt most mutants already living here don´t have human relatives they care about.

I don´t know Nina was based on Anya but they don´t share much besides that, they don´t even have the same name and little Charles from Age of Apocalypse didn´t seem to show mutants powers either, sure he was a baby but still.
    Anya, Nina… Right.

Of course, it would be interesting. But Magneto hasn't been that supremacist since a very long time.
    They could have picked him from there instead of making of him such a simplistic person "Me mutant, me superior!"

It could be a turning point.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Though on the other hand, it could also be said that the X-Men to some degree manipulated the situation like a masterful game of chess in a way that tensions would escalate and that Franklin would want to go with them. That they had backed off when it became apparent that the ball was in their court after the revelation of what Reed had done further puts them at an advantage in that. Now they probably didn’t anticipate him running away, but it does still place him closer to their own grasp.
    I don't disagree with that, Xavier and magneto definitely have ulterior motives in bringing Franklin to Krakoa, but the FF handled the situation extremely poorly. they were expecting a fight before the mutants had even entered, and lo and behold a fight broke out

Spectacular Member

Without his parents' knowledge. Nor accord. Whilst being part of ŕ group whose goal is To have him on their island.
    Call it what you want, she was in wrong here.

Including his parents, which is extremely antagonistic coming from Her and knowing Said parents treat the kid well.

And that was wrong too, only made tolerable because those kids were abused or endangered by their parents/guardians, countrary To Franklin and the Richards.

That's a front. We know for a Fact the Kraked want all the oméga mutants on their soil for military reasons. They wanted Franklin a long time before learning of his power issues.

Franklin is a minor. His family take cares of him. The Kraked should have ignored him until his 18. The end.

When the asking and the help-offering comes from an agenda and power-hungry people instead of being disinterested, yes, it is pathetic.
    Sorry can't get the line I want to quote
    But , we know for a FACT that they want all the omegas on their soil for MILITARY reasons !!!????
    You've either read something I didn't (I didn't read Fallen Angels" ) or that's a big fat porky

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Look at unrepentant supremacist Magneto greenlighting and encouraging other mutants to endanger their lives to save humankind. So mean. So nasty and so rude.
    Risk their life? They are virtually immortal.
    I must admit: Magneto spouting poetry is rather unbearable to me.

Edit: "Unrepentant supremacist"… Ok, maybe, the term is inadequate: it's not every day someone thinks himself of a god. So words escape me.
    Last edited by Zelena; 02-23-2020 at 01:20 PM.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    And then he gifted Psylocke with a jet to go save humanity.

Sue herself said they were not trying to kidnap Franklin. I'm team Sue on this!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Lmao this is a new level of reach "well what does it matter that you put yourself in danger to save an entire city of people who hate and want to see you dead???"

I guess people won't be satisfied until mutants apologize for not wanting to be killed and stop having the nerve to resurrect themselves when they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post
    So you hope a child dies, just so the Fantastic Four need to be in debt to the X-Men?
    Classy.
    Just classy.
    It'd make for some interesting storytelling, no?

That's a front. We know for a Fact the Kraked want all the oméga mutants on their soil for military reasons. They wanted Franklin a long time before learning of his power issues.
    You've mentioned this a few times so I'm genuinely curious where this was said. I'll be more than happy to admit I missed it if I did.

BANNED

Data page that listed the omega stated them to be the country's most important resource. We know they are after his power. That's not really in question.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Data page that listed the omega stated them to be the country's most important resource. We know they are after his power. That's not really in question.
    Ah resource, I thought it was specific to military. But I do believe they are concerned about him losing his powers and how possible it is that it happens to other mutants.

BANNED

What does that have to do with "military reasons"? Especially when Magneto confirmed there wouldnt be a mutant/human war in HoX #1 and XMen #4.

"It is current priority of the mutant nation of Krakoa to protect and nurture it is greatest natural resource." Wow that really sound like they want Franklin Richards for power and military purposes...Sigh

BANNED

Look up what American politicians have done historically when it comes to resources that they say belong to them. Lol