Page 6 of 92 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    A distressed mother that attacked his teammates lol and he's not a counselor, he was a spokesman for the team and he was being cordial.
    As cordial as Cyclops can be lately, you mean… I already saw him more cordial but it was a long time ago and he didn't have his uniform then…
    A spokeman can learn one thing or two about how to talk to people…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    So you're just going to ignore the blatant disrespect Erik showed them, the vague threats by Charles, and the fact they brought 3 omega level dangerous mutants, plus multiple murderers to a recruitment mission.....
    You're ignoring the fact Ororo and Bobby have been their teammates, Kate is a dear friend and they know Logan very well. No reason to act like that. If you consider powerful heroes as dangerous then the Avengers couldn't even do meet and greets anymore.

Up next, Sue invisibly trespasses onto Krakoa and gets arrested by Black Tom.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    This all happened AFTER Reed experimented on his son without his knowledge nor consent to further isolate him from his mutant identity right?? Oh okay then.

The argument that daddy and mommy know best is really not as strong as some believe it is, plenty of gay kids or adopted kids from ethnic minorities will have a word about that. Experimenting on Franklin is basically abuse and could realistically see Reed have his parental authority revoked. Now check that.
    Mommy and Daddy do no best when his choices are get experimented on in a safe environment surrounded by people who love you in a goal to fix your powers. Or go to the pretty nation that supports isolation away from anyone without an X-gene, and get your DNA snatched up by Sinister, and get special one on one time with Sinister and Apocalypse.

Is what Reed did right no but the other choice isn't exactly a good one.

BANNED

Lmao I felt disrespected and I didnt like how I was talked to are not excuse to start a fight, much less a superpowered one in a house where your children who could have been hurt are residing. And is no way for a mother to be acting like she was Momma Joyce.
    But the FF did it anyway because they know the human establishment, public opinion, have always hated mutants and they can get away with being reckless. Now thats the privilege we were talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Up next, Sue invisibly trespasses onto Krakoa and gets arrested by Black Tom.
    Black Tom has no idea who the heck Sue Storm is and so Black Tom does what Black Tom does and starts a war between mutants and the hero community.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Mommy and Daddy do no best when his choices are get experimented on in a safe environment surrounded by people who love you in a goal to fix your powers. Or go to the pretty nation that supports isolation away from anyone without an X-gene, and get your DNA snatched up by Sinister, and get special one on one time with Sinister and Apocalypse.

Is what Reed did right no but the other choice isn't exactly a good one.
    What safe environment? Lmao it was done without his knowledge that is the opposite of safe. You're letting your bias cloud your judgement but thats fine I mean you do you.

ugh I was hoping this would be more fun. we got the same schpiels last issue can you hear me yawninggg

We can also stop this "both sides are wrong" alt facts revisionism. Lets pick up our copies of XM+FF #1, children. Class is in session.

Page 16, before the XMen have even opened their mouths, Johnny describe them as "not the good kind" of visitors. In the same page, Susan erects a force field completely unprovoked.
    Page 18, Xavier: "we just want to talk".
    Page 19, Susan loses her **** mid conversation, tries to crush Magneto in a force bubble. Despite that, Xavier still tries to resolve the issue peacefully.
    Page 22: a powered up Human Torch aggressively charges at Kate, ignores his nephew attempt at defusing the situation to accuse her of kidnapping. Factually untrue to anyone who has read the story thus far.

By this point, the FF have shown their hostility towards the X-Men on about 5 occasions. That is when the XMen start defending themselves. And even then, Xavier keeps trying to find a pacific solution, while Susan recognizes she would rather solve the conflict through violence and Reed has already taken matters into his own hands by tampering with Franklin D.N.A. The FF actions have been both deplorable and suspicious when they claim to want what is best for Franklin. Anyone defending them is just jiased but that's nothing new.
    YES come thru with the facts!!! Dying over the page citations! Sure Xavier and Co. could have handled themselves better but the blatant prejudice towards mutants from the FF needs to be noted . They were ready for a fight and it manifested . Reed's comments stood out to me too I remember thinking oh wow he rly said that unfortunately my citations are lacking lolll and of course his **** up with Franklin can't just be moved on from...

also Reed is looking particularly DILFy here and I haven't seen anyone else mention it so I guess I'll just have to bear the burden

What safe environment? Lmao it was done without his knowledge that is the opposite of safe. You're letting your bias cloud your judgement but thats fine I mean you do you.
    I'm not bias at all I couldn't careless about the FF, or Franklin as characters. Ultimately both sides are wrong the X-Men have no right to tell someone what's best for their kids, and the FF didn't need to escalate the situation into a full on brawl.

Your the one going so hard for the X-Men and claiming how deplorable the FF are. Yet I'm biased okay...
    Last edited by Journey; 02-20-2020 at 03:45 PM.

Black Tom has no idea who the heck Sue Storm is and so Black Tom does what Black Tom does and starts a war between mutants and the hero community.
    Ha! Black Tom catch you. Black Tom hero again!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    ugh I was hoping this would be more fun. we got the same schpiels last issue can you hear me yawninggg

YES come thru with the facts!!! Dying over the page citations! Sure Xavier and Co. could have handled themselves better but the blatant prejudice towards mutants from the FF needs to be noted . They were ready for a fight and it manifested . Reed's comments stood out to me too I remember thinking oh wow he rly said that unfortunately my citations are lacking lolll and of course his **** up with Franklin can't just be moved on from...

also Reed is looking particularly DILFy here and I haven't seen anyone else mention it so I guess I'll just have to bear the burden
    Yeah, Reed is very hot here. Johnny less so, he is generic blonde.

unless he's played by Chris Evans the flavour is just not present for me

Yeah, Reed is very hot here. Johnny less so, he is generic blonde.
    I think this art style is just trash when it comes to men all the guys look average.

unless he's played by Chris Evans the flavour is just not present for me
    Human Torch Chris Evans >>> Captain America Chris Evans

The FF can’t help but let their mask slip when the X-Men stop being Uncle Tom and Aunt Jemima mutants - stopping bank robbers and helping old ladies across the street - and actually stand up for themselves and non-hero mutants.