Page 68 of 92 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1372

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I agree the FF were children who had their parents permission of had no where else to go. Still this doesn´t mean Kitty kidnapped Franklin or that Sue is right on accusing Scott of that, still I can see this storyline probably will go out of it´s way to picture the X-men as the bad guys so I am more interested in knowing what´s this God force and Dr Doom´s wish to talk with Xavier. I bet Kitty, the marauders, Franklin and Valeria are already in Latveria while Sue and Scott are talking so the X-men and FF will have to go get them once they are done screaming at each other as it´s tradition.
    Has the God force/power idea come up before in FF books or is it new to this mini? And I love that #1 had a data page.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Reed: You get your posterior home right now, young man.
    Franklin: ok, flatscan.
    I love this.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    God, I hope at some point he calls him that. And then I just want 4 panels of Reed reacting/Not knowing how to process it.
    Wait...you actually want a son to call his father a derogatory word? Cause that word in X-men history is damn near the equivalent of a racial or homophobic slur. Krakoa really has made the x-boards particularly nasty these days...

From Philly but currently living iin San Francisco.

And what about the girl from Wakanda that was apart of FF?

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Has the God force/power idea come up before in FF books or is it new to this mini? And I love that #1 had a data page.

I think this is the first time this has been talked about, maybe it will have a relation with the phoenix force and the life force.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
    Wait...you actually want a son to call his father a derogatory word? Cause that word in X-men history is damn near the equivalent of a racial or homophobic slur. Krakoa really has made the x-boards particularly nasty these days...
    You'll find this month's debate on derogatory terms in this fine 30 page thread. Enjoy!

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ders-8-preview

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I think this is the first time this has been talked about, maybe it will have a relation with the phoenix force and the life force.
    Gotcha! And I see the data page ends with Reed writing,
    "If we were to believe there is a Godpower source, then it's possible that Franklin's connection to that source is broken.

Whether or not it can be repaired depends on first proving its existence.

Somehow."

Iiiiiinteresting.
    Last edited by JB; 02-23-2020 at 05:39 PM.

Spectacular Member

You'll find this month's debate on derogatory terms in this fine 30 page thread. Enjoy!

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ders-8-preview
    No thanks...being a minority and one often seen as racially inferior in this country, a “debate” on derogatory terms isn’t something I’d be interested in. Seriously, only privileged white people could come up with something like that. None of them are okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
    No thanks...being a minority and one often seen as racially inferior in this country, a “debate” on derogatory terms isn’t something I’d be interested in. Seriously, only privileged white people could come up with something like that.
    Actually you'd be surprised on what arguments are made by which kind of people there.

BANNED

I cant with the pearl clutching.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Speaking of pearl clutching, why do I have the feeling Sue ends up being the one taking Franklin to see Krakoa?

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    The part were she went for a walk is the part were she was in the wrong. Full stop.
    She is an adult. He's a minor. She had no business doing that without the parents' knowledge or approval, especially given how she showed up with a group of people trying To have the kid leave his family To begin with.
    You are just excusing Her behaviour for reasons unknown.
    I'm not excusing anything, you can choose to dislike what they did but that is just your opinion. If she knowingly took him on her boat, if they forced him to leave the house against his will or actually brought him to Krakoa then it would be a problem, but that didn't happen. The worst thing she did was to tell Franklin to do what he wants to do in light of the super-powered fight the FF kicked up.

Could have done that without flying Franklin to the closest gate conspicuously.
    Except the conversation was about the gates and how close it is to his home.

Please.
    No parent will like having their kid disappearing on them with someone else without their knowledge nor consent, which is what happened here and which is what the issue is here.

Why are you moving the goalpost here ? The issue is not that the parents want to control who their kid associates himself (spoiler: that's missing the point), the issue is that their kid was almost abducted by someone who took advantage of his trust and the previous "relationship" they had, aka Pryde.

That.is.Not.The.Point. JESUS.
    Franklin is a MINOR.
    Enabling him To be removed from his family/ to run away on his family is a CRIME.
    Kate had no business doing what she did.
    What happened is that his parents got into a screaming match and he and a friend (who the parents currently don't like) left to go for a walk. That is not illegal no matter how much you think it is. He's an older teenager not 6. Going for a walk with someone the parents don't like is not a crime.

So what ? Didn't the X-Men recruit youngsters who were in danger from their families ? Or abused ? Those don't count because their name isn't Kitty Pryde or they're not A-listers ?
    How does any of that impact what I said exactly ?
    that was in response to you making this incorrect claim
    Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth
    And that was wrong too, only made tolerable because those kids were abused or endangered by their parents/guardians, contrary To Franklin and the Richards.
    You are literally condemning the X-Men for something they have always done and never had a problem with until now.

Data page of whatever that HoX/PoX issue was. There's no altruistic motivation behind the Kraked's interest in Franklin, him Having problems with his powers is just a front to approach him, an excuse.

Right now, mutants with precognitive powers are barred from Krakoa, litteraly forbidden on that island. So no, I disagree with that angle of "Krakoa exists for all mutants" , it's factually wrong.
    And because of the data page I mentionned earlier, I disagree with the "altruistic Kraked" narrative you and others are selling behind their move on Franklin. It's not altruistic, it's a power-hungry move by nature.
    Last point: Franklin is a minor, the Kraked have no right To try and lure him away from his parents. Period.
    Yeah, his parents would have the final say that does not mean they can't reach out. You might think it, but you'd be wrong.

The Omega are gathered To consolidate Krakoa's power in regard to other nations, so yes, it is military in nature.
    Also, the Résurrection protocols are used To also resurrect fallen warriors of Krakoa, so no, you are wrong in saying those two oméga are kept away from military duty. There's more To it than fighting on the frontline or gathering intelligence.
    By this logic any action that supports the military is "military" in nature. Also if you actually check the data page you consistently fail to reference it was about nurturing and protecting the omegas from the rest of the world. You got it backwards, I can't imagine why they feel that individual mutants need protection from the greater world. Its not like they have overwhelming evidence of hostility directed at mutants.

Also just to be clear, when the primary goal is overwhelmingly aimed at benefiting civilians, like for example 16 million dead Genoshans, its considered non-military.

Said schools and private institutions receive a mandate from the parents/families for that, either implicit or explicit, and even then, there are limits To what they can say, teach, advise the children they interact with.
    The X-Men and Xavier are neither schooling Franklin nor received the authorization To talk To him from his parents. They have no business talking To him without their approval. That's that.
    Yeah, no your wrong here to. You don't need permission to talk, and for the record, they were engaging with his parents.

There's nothing altruistic Behind the Kraked's motives, and I already Said why several time. The rest are just excuses you are making for their behaviour toward the Richards. It's fine really, but I'm not buying what you are selling, sorry.
    No your making up reasons to try and condemn Krakoa

1.jpg

Looking at this I missed another non-military mutant, Elixir.

Hmmm... I see protect and nurture, I don't see military looks like you're making baseless assumptions.

I've acknowledged from the beginning that the Krakoans didn't do a particularly good job at this and that no matter what the final decision is up to the Richards. You're ignoring that every single escalation including attacking with powers was done by the FF. None of which was called for. I don't see anything here worse than the typical plot induced stupidity of nearly every hero/hero story. You're also the one trying to make a federal case against the Krakoans (Kidnapping is a federal crime), as part of a vast sinister conspiracy that you have yet to back up with a shred of evidence.
    Last edited by Kisinith; 02-23-2020 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    This is officially trash and I love it. Let's get Real Housewives already and have a drunk dinner scene.
    Ohhhhh I wanna be Kandi!!!

Reed: You get your posterior home right now, young man.
    Franklin: ok, flatscan.
    lol too many inappropriate jokes
    Actually you'd be surprised on what arguments are made by which kind of people there.
    Prob more disappointed....
    Dude...can I get Cliff Notes??
    GrindrStone(D)

Spectacular Member

Arguments are one thing, who came up with the general idea is another. But sure, all types of people get caught up in things the privileged majority starts, whether it’s detrimental to them and who they are or not.

But your joke about Reed and his son does bring up a point...and I’m certain from what I’ve been reading on here that you and others have a level of disdain for the FF in particular, but would you really think it would be “cool” or ok for Franklin to show that type of prejudice towards his father, mother, and uncles?

Magneto likely, if Franklin spent enough time with him, would have him adopt that attitude, which is probably ONE reason why Sue put Magneto in a bubble and pushed him away...because the man literally was speaking on Mutant supremacy and calling Franklin’s parents “inferior” in front of him. And Xavier agreed, though he was more polite about it.

Wouldn’t that make anyone (like Sue) defensive? If black parents had adopted a white son and white people came to their home, strongly suggesting that the son should come away with them, while spouting off about how they are the superior race and the white superior son belongs with them, would you blame the black parents for getting upset and getting defensive?

And yes, it would be just as wrong the other way around...especially the part where supremacy of one group over another is being talked about. I wouldn’t want to send my son off with a group that would likely convince him that his parents are inferior to him.

As this is a recent development with the X-men, there is cause for concern on the FF’s part.
    Last edited by Redwing; 02-23-2020 at 06:06 PM.

Spectacular Member

I’m sure in your position you can’t. You seem to dismiss everyone else’s issues, concerns, and marginalization except your own.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Ohhhhh I wanna be Kandi!!!
    She's the best and so are u so that makes sense. I wanna be Kandi too but Im probably Nene because the producers are sick of me and just want me gone.