Page 70 of 92 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1372

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    It made 5 issues and brought back Rikki Barnes.
    Yeah but from what I recall the writer had more than 5 issues planned I recall reading like it was announced cancelled immediately after issue 1 I remember laughing about this! LOL

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Yeah but from what I recall the writer had more than 5 issues planned I recall reading like it was announced cancelled immediately after issue 1 I remember laughing about this! LOL
    Yes, there was a cancellation announce quite quickly, which I really didn't understand. According to sales figures, issue #1 had estimated sales of 41,673. Certainly not instant cancellation levels. But the Comichron site also states issue #1 had offered vendors deep discount initiatives. Issue #5 was shipped in December with the final number of 8,151 units. Maybe they figured interest was soft and didn't invest too much in it after that first issue. Issue #2 did 21,731 in a month of some blockbusters like Spawn #300, a Spider-Man launch and Hickman's X-titles
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-23-2020 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yes, there was a cancellation announce quite quickly, which I really didn't understand. According to sales figures, issue #1 had estimated sales of 41,673. Certainly not instant cancellation levels. But the Comichron site also states issue #1 had offered vendors deep discount initiatives. Issue #5 was shipped in December with the final number of 8,151 units. Maybe they figured interest was soft and didn't invest too much in it after that first issue
    41k is pretty low for a #1 book

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I will say that I've noticed often that users who are either new or don't visit much will come in, cherry pick some posts and then generalize the whole X-board community. In this thread alone the community has been called obnoxious and nasty. But in my opinion most of the threads are people having a good time, sharing info, and joking. Just a few pages back a bunch of us were posting memes and yucking it up, and I've come to enjoy conversing with some of the people I normally disagree with. There's just a diverse bunch of personalities on here. May everyone have a good time, regardless of their viewpoint.
    Jjjjjjjjjjjj. There is like a three page argument over the positive merits of espousing genetic superiority. If some pallid neo-nazi supremacist no-chin were to say this crap, justice would swiftly descend on him like the mass production eva models did on Unit 02. It's not cherry picking when people really do write crazy **** they don't expect to be challenged on.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    41k is pretty low for a #1 book
    That's shocking considering that's all Superman over in DC can pull on a good day...

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

That's shocking considering that's all Superman over in DC can pull on a good day...
    yeah, and there are other titles that are continuing despite low numbers. The thing is we never know the digital sales figures, which neither of the big 2 give out. Runaways is still an ongoing and their figures have been below 20,000. Black Panther too, plus there are sometimes frequent relaunches.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    yeah, and there are other titles that are continuing despite low numbers. The thing is we never know the digital sales figures, which neither of the big 2 give out. Runaways is still an ongoing and their figures have been below 20,000. Black Panther too, plus there are sometimes frequent relaunches.
    Well Runaways kinda went mainstream with the show so I can understand that. And Black Panther was one of the biggest movies in the world so I can also understand that.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Superman's done. All Bendis is good for is destabilization of established story foundations and instilling irrationality into formerly reliable characters. Lois is a career obsessed narcissist. Superman has always hated having a secret identity. Wanda is a mentally disturbed goddess with the emotional maturity of a small child. Tony Stark is a fascist. Luke Cage hates blind people.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

it isn't, Because I said 1st issue a new #1. It can't be that low

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Jjjjjjjjjjjj. There is like a three page argument over the positive merits of espousing genetic superiority. If some pallid neo-nazi supremacist no-chin were to say this crap, justice would swiftly descend on him like the mass production eva models did on Unit 02. It's not cherry picking when people really do write crazy **** they don't expect to be challenged on.
    We're gonna need you to turn down the volume of your kitty's sunglasses, sir.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Superman's done. All Bendis is good for is destabilization of established story foundations and instilling irrationality into formerly reliable characters. Lois is a career obsessed narcissist. Superman has always hated having a secret identity. Wanda is a mentally disturbed goddess with the emotional maturity of a small child. Tony Stark is a fascist. Luke Cage hates blind people.
    Marvel letting Bendis go for DC was a good plan.

Mighty Member

Lord of mercy, we're at 70 pages and these are the previews alone.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I will say that I've noticed often that users who are either new or don't visit much will come in, cherry pick some posts and then generalize the whole X-board community. In this thread alone the community has been called obnoxious and nasty. But in my opinion most of the threads are people having a good time, sharing info, and joking. Just a few pages back a bunch of us were posting memes and yucking it up, and I've come to enjoy conversing with some of the people I normally disagree with. There's just a diverse bunch of personalities on here. May everyone have a good time, regardless of their viewpoint.
    It's a pity some can't seem to just sit back and enjoy the beauty-full Krakoan sunsets while sipping jasmine-infused Krakoan tea and Pure Mimosas. They take everything so personal and so deathly serious.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I'm already stretching my fingers to hit the keyboard.

The Kraked corn will be popped, the tea brewed and me waiting for the festivities to commence.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Comparing mutants to rl minorities is fake bc it's just fiction but wanting conflict and drama in our children's superheroes book is wrong bc what iff they were real?
    Nooo I meant what's Pearl clutching but I looked it up lol

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    She's the best and so are u so that makes sense. I wanna be Kandi too but Im probably Nene because the producers are sick of me and just want me gone.
    Getting ready for X-Men/Fantastic Four #2:
    GrindrStone(D)