Page 3 of 92 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

I was excited about this title but now im not.

Both sides are saying stupid things they shouldn't say.

Doing things they shouldnt do.

Everything is escalated so quick.

It's like everyone chill the F out.

So contrived and editorial never learns.

Spectacular Member

Oh Marvel, will you ever truly learn ?! The first true interaction the x-men have with other marvel heroes after their big “return” to marvel prominence and immediately marvel falls back on AVX level x-men characterization to try and create a: “but both sides make good points “ situation so that the x-men don’t outshine the other pispoor marvel characters. I’be already made my mind up not to by the x-men empyre books and keep avoiding “crossover stories” with the other marvel heroes !

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Let's be real here. Sue just wants to fight lol.
    It could have been anyone knocking on her door, but it happened to be the X-Men.
    Her fight with Magneto was interrupted so she hasn't got it out of her system yet. Just let them fight and everything will be ok. lol
    Super-heros bias… A problem, an anxiety… fight!
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I was excited about this title but now im not.

Both sides are saying stupid things they shouldn't say.

Doing things they shouldnt do.

Everything is escalated so quick.

It's like everyone chill the F out.

So contrived and editorial never learns.
    Scott was quite reasonable. She took the Valeria comment badly but he clearly said they would have told her if she was on the island because it's not for human runaways. It means they're not opening it up for human refugees (yet). She took it as if they'd shoot her if she came on their beach.

Where the hell is Wanda when we need her?

"No more hero versus hero stories"

Sue is talking to boy scout Scott here. You ask the man a question and his answer should be the end of it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sue is one angry mom.

The X-Men are in trouble.

This is going to be fun.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Scott was quite reasonable. She took the Valeria comment badly but he clearly said they would have told her if she was on the island because it's not for human runaways. It means they're not opening it up for human refugees (yet). She took it as if they'd shoot her if she came on their beach.
    He didnt even have to bring up Valeria the way he did. But the story demanded some conflict. And there goes mama bear Sue. Cyclops should know better than to say that.

BANNED

Basically, she's being obtuse.

The FF have been hostile for no doggone reason ever since HoX #1 and it reeks of prejudice. Lending all the way less credence to the claim they know whats best for Franklin.

BANNED

Reed mutilated Franklin. Sue is angry at the wrong people.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dev View Post
    Oh Marvel, will you ever truly learn ?! The first true interaction the x-men have with other marvel heroes after their big “return” to marvel prominence and immediately marvel falls back on AVX level x-men characterization to try and create a: “but both sides make good points “ situation so that the x-men don’t outshine the other pispoor marvel characters. I’be already made my mind up not to by the x-men empyre books and keep avoiding “crossover stories” with the other marvel heroes !
    AvX did not even try to "make good points". This scene is very believable and nothing has escalated yet. Not to Civil War/AvX levels, and there was a time heroes could have a 'conflict' that was fun and not something that made fans so angry.

Mighty Member

I mean if this is AvX 2

the A in this is definitely not the Fantastic 4.

What a shitshow.

Let me guess, Doom is gonna be the kidnapper right ?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Has there ever been a hero vs hero story where the reasons they're fighting aren't stupid or contrived? I'm having a hard time thinking of one in recent memory.
    No

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Yes this has the same fallings as every other XMen vs MU events in the past. It is not smart it is not subtle it is not even logical. Like are you mad that the XMen invited your child to their island or are you mad that they didnt invite your child? Pick a lane.
    It's not, but they know that readers are dumb enough to buy the comic because it's the first time these groups have really interacted in decades. Contrived nonsense is the only way this isn't a 3 page story in an anthology book of mutant stories of coming to Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    "Will this be a problem?"

"Bruh." *falls to the floor*
    Dude if he woda said that...
    Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    This is so stupid and contrived, calm down, helicopter mom.
    She's on coupon away from asking to speak with the manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Did that hologram thing not have a button? She broke her own ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Sue really wears the whole “white feminist who doesn’t recognize any other oppression than her own” role really well.
    She ain't got no home training
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Xavier said that he had only shown concern for Franklin regarding his power loss…

And how Sue is supposed to know the Krakoans have nothing to do with the situation?
    By trusting the people who want to separate his son from her and make an distinction between her children?
    Hmm well that's ignorin the fact Franklin LIVED with EMMA FROST during Gen X without many problems. Last thing Xavier, Magneto, or the Fans want is another mingling of those 3 together. No one wants another Onslaught.
    To me Sue Storm sounds like ano person who takes whatever privileges they may have for grantedvand is infuriated with the notion where said privilege is not upheld or hinders them in a scenario
    GrindrStone(D)

Emma Frost is exactly the kind of person that would allow things not to escalate. Especially with Sue. I hope she keeps Namor jokes out of this, but it's going to be hard. .
    couldn't resist...
    GrindrStone(D)